Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was signed originally on massive dollars as a F/S and that contract finished last year IIRC or it would have finished this year. I suspect that he signed a new contract extension last year with the intent that he would be fighting to get into the senior squad.
I thought he was given 3 years when he joined sydney. Years 1 and 2 were on the standard draftee rate, with the final year circa $500k - so a total $700k or so for the first 3 years. Any club who took him on would have to pay that rate for a player that hadnt broken the seniors. He decided to stay and try to break into their side.

GWS took Treloar as an underage recruit back in 2010/11... so, like Whiley, his actual worth is an unknown because he never went through the draft system and he has to be judged on his performances to date. I would suspect he would have the same sort of currency as Aish.

Treloar has runs on the board as an AFL player, he'd take some heavy trading to get across the line.

I thought he was given 3 years when he joined sydney. Years 1 and 2 were on the standard draftee rate, with the final year circa $500k - so a total $700k or so for the first 3 years. Any club who took him on would have to pay that rate for a player that hadnt broken the seniors. He decided to stay and try to break into their side.

Thought he got 5yrs first up, with 2015 being the last of those.

Thought he got 5yrs first up, with 2015 being the last of those.
Drafted at the end of 2011....so 5 years would take him to the end of 16?

You might be right on 5 years, with it being standard 100k for 2 years, then 3 years at circa 500, which is why clubs were hesitant to pick him up?

I thought i;d read it was 3 years....but that cant be right because he was drafted in 11, not 12 like i thought

We need to get as many elite young 'running' midfield talent through the door as possible and if we are being honest probably 2 more elite young KPPs as well, as I don't rate Jamison nor Rowe that highly.

That is a fair shopping list.

Trading in might be difficult. Walker is a prime candidate for trade but you're not going to get a top ten pick or a Treloar for him. So maybe just get the highest pick possible and go to the draft and pick the best talent. Reality is, even though we had three no.1 picks etc, we never really had the smarts to get a handful of early picks and go bonkers on one draft. That is what is needed because a. it is a numbers game, and b. you need to get these kids in as quick as possible.

But with there no longer being priority picks it makes it harder.

It might end up being

Pick 2 (second rounder)
Pick 20 (second rounder)
+ a pick for Walker

Reality is, even though we had three no.1 picks etc, we never really had the smarts to get a handful of early picks and go bonkers on one draft.

Who exactly, aside from Fevola, did we have that was tradeable and would have netted us high draft picks?

You can't trade for what you don't have the currency to trade for.

I get the same feeling as well.
I think that Hendo is just waiting on seeing some direction from the club... I think that he wants to see some decisiveness and direction because for the last couple of years, we have been running around chasing tail... and it turns out that the tail that we were chasing was our own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS took Treloar as an underage recruit back in 2010/11... so, like Whiley, his actual worth is an unknown because he never went through the draft system and he has to be judged on his performances to date. I would suspect he would have the same sort of currency as Aish.

Talk about a confused sentence! :p

Treloar is nothing like Whiley. His value is a known quantity. Though you've kind of said that yourself. :confused::D

Not adverse to trading Murphy.
I know he tries his best, but don't think he offers much in terms of Leaership as a Captain.
Don't really consider him a heart and soul player , who apart from Simmo and Carrots, don't think we have anyway.

We need to get as many elite young 'running' midfield talent through the door as possible and if we are being honest probably 2 more elite young KPPs as well, as I don't rate Jamison nor Rowe that highly.

That is a fair shopping list.

Trading in might be difficult. Walker is a prime candidate for trade but you're not going to get a top ten pick or a Treloar for him. So maybe just get the highest pick possible and go to the draft and pick the best talent. Reality is, even though we had three no.1 picks etc, we never really had the smarts to get a handful of early picks and go bonkers on one draft. That is what is needed because a. it is a numbers game, and b. you need to get these kids in as quick as possible.

But with there no longer being priority picks it makes it harder.

It might end up being

Pick 2 (second rounder)
Pick 20 (second rounder)
+ a pick for Walker
Factoring in Jamison turning 29 mid year... would he be worth much on the trade table... or more to value to keep?

Talk about a confused sentence! :p

Treloar is nothing like Whiley. His value is a known quantity. Though you've kind of said that yourself. :confused::D
There is nothing confused about it... Treloar was taken outside of the draft system, Whiley was taken as a GWS zone selection outside of the draft. Neither of them had their value tested at the draft. All we have is their performances to test their value on and while Whiley had very few games as a senior for GWS, Treloar has the runs on the board and will be valued accordingly.

We won't be getting any sweet deals from GWS when trading for Treloar if we go down that path.

It's the standard rumour thread... gets derailed and sidetracked all over the place.

But the real rumour thread is in very good shape...

good compromise

Last edited by a moderator:
Factoring in Jamison turning 29 mid year... would he be worth much on the trade table... or more to value to keep?

I do find it curious that a Swans supporter would be complaining about Sam Reid being forced to play as a defender. Jamo and a 2nd round pick downgrade (23-> 34) for Reid?

We won't be getting any sweet deals from GWS when trading for Treloar if we go down that path.

So the only similarity he actually shares with Whiley is not going through the main draft. Saying 'his actual worth is unknown' just seems pretty stupid when everyone knows how valuable he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back