Autopsy Blues defeat Suns by 39pts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Might slap a bit of Robert Johnson on the decks,ahhhhhhh them Delta Blues.

Couple notables.

Rowe
has become our best KPD. A massive fan.

Bell was surprisingly clean with the ball. Disposal majority of the time effective, whilst still using his bullocking strengths.

Graham IMO has gone past McLean all ready. He's slow, but not was slow as McLean. Has footy smarts which should not be undervalued.

I wonder if Sheehan could be turned into a midfielder? Good size body, and disposal. Wonder if he has the smarts for on ball?

I thought Simon White was really good today and gee he impressed me. No nonsense solid defender we need who can use the ball well, i am tipping he has his massive break out year next season.

Couple notables.

Rowe
has become our best KPD. A massive fan.

Bell was surprisingly clean with the ball. Disposal majority of the time effective, whilst still using his bullocking strengths.

Graham IMO has gone past McLean all ready. He's slow, but not was slow as McLean. Has footy smarts which should not be undervalued.

I wonder if Sheehan could be turned into a midfielder? Good size body, and disposal. Wonder if he has the smarts for on ball?
Great q. about Sheehan. They might let him settle for a while then experiment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good signs (again) in how we play our footy. Of concern is that we were so in control and ahead at half time but cruised in the 2nd half. Kangas showed against Giants in 2nd half that you put the foot down and rack up big win. We need to learn killer instinct.
The kangas were in danger of losing that game at half time, id much prefer to be in control all day then need a rev up at half time thanks

The kangas were in danger of losing that game at half time, id much prefer to be in control all day then need a rev up at half time thanks
Your point is well made but I think the issue for us is that once the Kangas lifted a notch in the 2nd half and put their foot down they weren't going to relax. The Blues did. To me that is a mark of a strong team who want to play finals.

Given we are a few down, was a pretty good win, first half very good, second half very safe.

Bell forward was impressive as was Waite, who we should KEEP.

Juddy, Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas, Docherty, Rowe all played well, not too many non-contributors tbh.

Sheehan looked alright, bit heart in mouth when he goes off for a bounce, but he's got enough confidence to go for it all the same. Nice slipper on him.

Last edited:
Just happy to play my role for the boys and bank the four points one week at a time we stuck to our structures real good and the boys are a great bunch of lads and we're looking forward to a good week on the track before the Cats who are a quality side.

Suns were so awful it's hard to know whether to get excited or not. Great game by Bell, and I liked the look of Sheehan.

However I think it's time the club launched an internal inquiry into how McLean keeps getting a game. There is bribery or blackmail afoot here, there is no other explanation. 40 pt lead and he can still make the commentators (and supporters) groan with his glacial pace and disposal.

About the second half:

a) we lacked intensity and drive for the win.

b) we still played some pretty solid footy. And I think most importantly, fairly safe footy.

Not great watching, nor likely to hold against top-flight teams, but not unheard of when a more experienced side gets a good lead on a younger one and eases off

Reviewing today (being a radio listener to the game)....Juddy seems to be pushing a huge final few games in his illustrious career. Sheehan has a very bright future. Daisy on a roll but will he reach his glory contribution with the Pies? McLean & Ellard playing out time. Murph and Gibbsy solid. Waitey playing (contributing) for a pay rise. Simmo reliable (again).......Casboult disappointing. The team as a whole: missed a great opportunity to show they can play hard footy for 4 qtrs. and rack up a deserved BIG win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back