Autopsy Blues V Demons Rant/Vent thread. Trolls/Lurking likers beware.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Club has paid a lot for potential over the years..if Gibbs was on average player money - no one would have a problem - he could be that better than average player who plays within the self imposed limitations he has imposed on himself and he would still be offering a value proposition to the Club.
As things are now- he is one who has been on big coin and wants more- and has massively under delivered - relative to his paycheck.

The Club is littered with too many players who aren't and never really have earned their money - causes massive resentment amongst the rest of the group as well as unsustainable expectations
It is also very interesting how some of the big money FA recruits have gone for their respective clubs this year... Buddy, Daisy, Eddie, they all would be disappointed with their individual form and their team results haven't been great either.

Is/Will FA creating this turmoil and disruption to the AFL clubs ??

Ablett has been a disruption because he went to a new team and their wasn't any culture established at the Gold Coast, same for GWS.

Chapman appears to have fitted in well at *Essendon but isn't on the money that the others are.

Im not here to Troll. I ave just one question...

Any Idea when Judd will return from injury?
When he is injury free....:D

Seriously though he would need to train this week at near enough to full capacity to be any chance, personally I would like the MC to not rush him back this week as we need to persevere with the younger players at the moment.

A non fit Judd wont help us this weekend as we have too many underdone presently.

I kept a strict media ban on the house so that the one hour delay of the S Cross telecast of the game on Saturday would not be spoiled, which also meant I could not go onto the game day thread. After 12 minutes I was feeling pretty good about a win. Then we started missing targets and gettable goals, most particularly the senior players. The rot set in and it was easy to see that it was heading where the Gold Coast game of 2012 and the second Essendon game of last year went. When Everitt dropped a simple chest mark near goal in the third quarter I could stand it no more and I went online to check the final score. Sure enough 7.16 (plus several out on the full) to lose a must win game we should have won. So I did the TV version of leaving the game early and turned it off, which, I am ashamed to say, was a huge relief.

What I am getting at is that this was Groundhog Day. When the pressure is on the senior players do not stand up and kick goals which deflates the whole team. Goals win games not just because of the scoreboard but they lift teams and we need to start kicking them again. Can we build a game plan around that?

Well then maybe that's the route to take

Although just quietly i don't think it's helped trengrove

Certainly can't be done mid season though - would be an embarassment, if we have a review over the off seaosn, then yes, but it can't be done mid season, reeks of reactionary cowardice

And that would humiliate Murph as well - holding him up as a scapegoat for all to see - we want him to bounce back as a better player, not be broken.

If this is true it would explain alot about the way we played, no heart, no desire, no courage, they didn't want to be out there

And if it is true, I would suspect it's not "the players" - MM has an excellent record of building good relationships with his players. (Most of them, anyway.)
I would think it would be some of the older players, who maybe got a little too comfortable under Ratten, miss his "matey" approach and resent Mick trying to jolt them out of their comfort zone.

I can easily see this happening.

Didn't Nathan Buckley go through something similar at Collingwood, ironically with the older Malthouse loyalists?

Good to see one of you with that attitude. I thought our last captain copped a lot of crap.

Cheers!
I'm a fan of Murphy, but if the captaincy is just not sitting well with him, it will need to be dealt with - tactfully, out of the public eye.
Early 2012 (before our season started going pear-shaped) was the last time I saw Murphy at the top of his game - so good, that for a few glorious weeks it was like we had two Judds out there.
That's what we need to get him back to doing - captain or not.

I'm still really hurting from this.

Just can't believe how bad we are!

Anyone else still struggling?

I'm still really hurting from this.

Just can't believe how bad we are!

Anyone else still struggling?
I don't think I've spent as much time on the Carlton board as I have over the past few days. The magnitude of this loss must not go unnoticed. Sure, there have been worse losses statistically, but this one galls particularly due a) the fact we were coming off an insipid belting just last week which should have been the catalyst for an immediate turnaround and b) the total lack of spunk, mongrel, effort, leadership shown on the weekend (with the exceptions of Simmo, Curnow, Yaz, Cripps and a couple of others). The players simply aren't pissed off enough, and this loss demonstrates that we simply don't know what it will take to get them pissed off, or whether they are even capable of it. Its galling that after 100-150 games, some of these players still can't muster the kind of passion it takes to play for your club.

/rant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh I don't feel hurt at all. I'll back the club to respond and make the required changes at the end of the season.

Yup - at least I am 100% sure now that we are a rabble rather than thinking we are. Any win for the rest of the season is now a bonus ahead of a cleanout at the end of the year.

ypuga8uz.jpg

It's all Hodgey's fault he has ruined our captain! And Dangerfield didn't help the situtation either
Our captain will be fine once we get a few in form fellow midfielders who command serious attention around him.

He will benefit from an in form and fit Judd, Carazzo, McLean, Gibbs, Thomas, Robinson etc around him instead of being heavily targeted by the opposition each week.

At the moment they all have been either in poor form, underdone because of injury, in and out of the team or not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back