Autopsy Blues win against the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Feeling as fresh as this guy right now! Love the winning feeling.

r27oqv.jpg

I am confused though guys, some on here were saying he broke his leg?? Was it the incident with the goal post or something else I missed? If it was the goal post collision I can't see how he hurt his leg in that as the impact was with his body and hip rather than leg?
See one of my posts for a possible cause on the leg injury

What happened in the space of a single week that allowed us to consistently hit targets by hand and foot as well as sticking almost every tackle?

This is the Carlton that I expect to see every week. Not sure who the impostors playing in the first 4 rounds were.

Mofos, what an absolute pleasure it is to hear Sandy Roberts again. All you young whipper snappers should be creaming your pants at this man commentating again. Oh happy days, when jesus washed!
Are you even serious? I've been singing "when Jesus was" for 40 years. Damn.

What happened in the space of a single week that allowed us to consistently hit targets by hand and foot as well as sticking almost every tackle?

This is the Carlton that I expect to see every week. Not sure who the impostors playing in the first 4 rounds were.

Yeh, it was i was dreaming yesterday...desperate tacklng, taking it on, down the middle

We have to back it up this week, otherwise the heat will be back on

Dwane Russell ,David king OMG are the worst in the buisness terrible to Listen to how do we get them the sack?
After all the opinion they've been spouting for the last 2 weeks about Carlton they have an obligation to their own flawed, small minded anti-Carlton bigotry to call the game in this manner.

For me it was a great call because as (appropriately) Teddy Whitten once said, we "stuck it up 'em"!

Ecstatic about the win and for the first time ever I wish it wasn't a public holiday so I could gloat at work!

Go Blues!:D:thumbsu:

This is why we need Casboult in the side he was good today and gives us options especially when he is the third tall I the forward line. Bell was very good as well a bit of a enforcer game today put the Dog's player's on the back foot a bit.

I loved Scotland up forward, let's just ignore that error in judgment (only because we won!). He had the experience to take Jong to the goal square and beat him in the one on ones.

He's strong in the marking contests and a good kick, I'd like to see more of this!

Derwayne Russel was terrible last night and that was close to the most biased call of a game i have ever seen. He was barracking for the Dogs , talking s**t and gloating when anything went against us. :mad:

Names on jumpers are useless btw. We were in a prime position, and couldnt hardly read them.

Was great to see the effort and intensity.

I was calling for Warnock to be dropped before the game, but im glad they didnt. He really turned it around yesterday and pantsed Minson. He shows glimpses of this all the time, but think he has been hampered by a disappointing midfield.

Good to see the intensity of Bell and Lucas, and the body work of Waite. Waite played such a smart game yesterday with the right sort of sheparding to give Hendo a clean run at the ball - but disguising it well enough to not give away a free. His work up the ground was also great - moved very well in traffic.

One thing I noticed about this game is that we started well, and didnt change our structures when the momentum swung. Our key forwards stayed playing forward, and our backs did the same. We left Gibbs and Murph in the middle for the whole game, and didnt switch everyone everywhere. Perhaps consistency in their position goes a fair distance to confidence in their performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to be negative but I didn't really like Lucas' game...still a bit soft and his kicking let him down. He did hold a few good tackles though (9 to be exact), and that's an improvement.

Thomas is class, can't wait for him to start winning more of the footy. Just not fit enough atm, when he is though he'll turn those late teen disposal numbers to mid twenties which is what we need.

The three tall forwards was key. With Hendo and Waite up forward, Cas is always going to get a mismatch and that is huge for us.

Murphy and Gibbs were just sensational all game. Gibbs really took hold of the game in the first half and was just dominant.

Everyone contributed and put in the hard yards which is what we've been screaming for. Welcome to the 2014 season boys, let's keep it going!

Thomas is class, can't wait for him to start winning more of the footy. Just not fit enough atm, when he is though he'll turn those late teen disposal numbers to mid twenties which is what we need.
Fev said Daisy can't win you a game.

Or we should have kept Eddie Betts with Garlett and Menzel out.

Blah, blah, blah.

Flog Jon Ralph even said we could have gone after Daniel Cross for his leadership.

Fev said Daisy can't win you a game.

Or we should have kept Eddie Betts with Garlett and Menzel out.

Blah, blah, blah.

Flog Jon Ralph even said we could have gone after Daniel Cross for his leadership.

Hold on, were we supposed to take Fev seriously?

The fact is Daisy isn't fit enough to play the way he wants to play to get back to his best. He is a hard runner and his disposal numbers are down because he isn't getting that easy ball on the outside. He will though and it's only a matter of time.

TBH I wouldn't have said no to Cross on a rookie deal.

How much better are we when we play that NM kind of brand footy, run attacking, mark and play on straight away one on one footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back