Karma got Scotland after he played on. :rolleyes::p

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Damn. Good win.

Thought we would win but didn't think we would play so well. Best I've seen us play since Malthouse came on board, am I right?

Pretty simple thing that stood out to me that changed everything - we were first to the footy. For once it was us applying pressure, being first to the footy and being rewarded by the umpires.

I actually don't think there was a change in the game plan, we looked like our first quarter vs Port in rd1 for the entire game almost. It was different because we won the footy and played on quickly forcing others to move and create option. Having 3 tall and capable forwards helped too.

The game was won via intensity and will - not a change in game plan. Game plans mean absolutely * all if our players aren't willing to be first to the ball. I can't wait for the media to be saying how stupid we are for not "changing our game plan" since Rd1.

Great win, despite injuries, I fully expect our boys to come out breathing fire again. Loving the #UNITED and us against them mantra the club is building. It is entirely true, the football world hates us.

Anyone listening to SEN this morning? Think it was Mooney and a few others, absolute joke. Something like this:

"Look Bulldogs should have won, the game was there to be won in the last quarter and they should have run over the top of them, and think about it, Morris and Roughead play, they win - pretty simple".

They didn't lead all game yet they should have won, and yeah, it was their outs that cost them the game. Not to mention our best KPD missing and Menzel. Oh and the fact we lost Judd and Curnow and played an entire quarter with 1 rotation.

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Damn. Good win.

Thought we would win but didn't think we would play so well. Best I've seen us play since Malthouse came on board, am I right?

Pretty simple thing that stood out to me that changed everything - we were first to the footy. For once it was us applying pressure, being first to the footy and being rewarded by the umpires.

I actually don't think there was a change in the game plan, we looked like our first quarter vs Port in rd1 for the entire game almost. It was different because we won the footy and played on quickly forcing others to move and create option. Having 3 tall and capable forwards helped too.

The game was won via intensity and will - not a change in game plan. Game plans mean absolutely **** all if our players aren't willing to be first to the ball. I can't wait for the media to be saying how stupid we are for not "changing our game plan" since Rd1.

Great win, despite injuries, I fully expect our boys to come out breathing fire again. Loving the #UNITED and us against them mantra the club is building. It is entirely true, the football world hates us.

Anyone listening to SEN this morning? Think it was Mooney and a few others, absolute joke. Something like this:

"Look Bulldogs should have won, the game was there to be won in the last quarter and they should have run over the top of them, and think about it, Morris and Roughead play, they win - pretty simple".

They didn't lead all game yet they should have won, and yeah, it was their outs that cost them the game. Not to mention our best KPD missing and Menzel. Oh and the fact we lost Judd and Curnow and played an entire quarter with 1 rotation.
Yeah but, it's Moondog and he's won premierships so he's super intelligent.

Koutafidamidis

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Damn. Good win.

The game was won via intensity and will - not a change in game plan. Game plans mean absolutely **** all if our players aren't willing to be first to the ball. I can't wait for the media to be saying how stupid we are for not "changing our game plan" since Rd1.

who cares???

everyone hates us! its just the way it is and its from our Carlton way

don't let it get to you

Was a great backs-to-the-wall performance by the fellas. Was tossing up whether to go because of the away-game factor, so glad I did in the end.

Just finished watching the replay, it doesn't do any justice at all to Waite's work rate in the first quarter, the week in the 2's certainly put the fire back in his belly! Gibbs was also outstanding early. The determination Waite, Gibbs and Murphy displayed really put a stamp on the game early and it was great to see the rest of the team follow their lead.

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
I agree with people saying that having Curnow out is a loss, but the timing may not be so bad. Carazzo is back into form and can transition into that defensive run with role, which frees up 2 spots in the middle - one for Judd, and one for the recent role Carazzo has been playing. The names Graham, Holman, Robinson and McLean all spring to mind (in that order).

rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Philadelphia 76ers
Definitely think we looked better with the overloaded fwd line. Three fit massive units that got out on the lead. Hendo has more value up forward imo. We need to play to win. Our tal defenders are capable without being exciting. Need to leave the run to the small blokes ((which isnt ideal) but hendo could be a 60 goal 10 marks a game forward if we leave him be.

Obviously the tall forward line isn't as good in poor weather but it suits etihad and dry days well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mikeythemoocow

Cancelled
Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Mar 17, 2005
Nakatomi Plaza
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aussie Ahmed
Having so many players confined to the bench towards the end of the game really turned this into a war of nutrition, and I'm glad we could stand up and really prove the dogs bite is worse than its bark

Sep 10, 2003
Exile
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Having so many players confined to the bench towards the end of the game really turned this into a war of nutrition, and I'm glad we could stand up and really prove the dogs bite is worse than its bark

Totally agree, out of the blocks early and kicking straight for a change was terrific, but the Doggies were right after us in the last quarter, and we dug deep, real deep, 2 down on the bench, and most had literally run themselves into the dirt.

Great to get through for the first win. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Surprised we won then, considering we have Mars as our sponsors.

At the end of it all, it still just dawns on me that we actually have Daisy freaking Thomas playing for us. He's coming along nicely too, slowly, but getting there.

Looking at his reaction during the song etc... well I know people will always point to the cash he's getting and what not, but gee, he really looks happy to be in Blue. I never would have imagined that once upon a time.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
At the end of it all, it still just dawns on me that we actually have Daisy freaking Thomas playing for us. He's coming along nicely too, slowly, but getting there.

Looking at his reaction during the song etc... well I know people will always point to the cash he's getting and what not, but gee, he really looks happy to be in Blue. I never would have imagined that once upon a time.

If anyone hasn't warmed to Daisy yet, you only had to see his reaction when after he kicked it to Waite in the pocket in the last. Absolutely adorable. He was over the moon. He had some tough times last year but he's well on track to getting back to his best on field & off.

323244.jpg

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
We will start underdogs against GWS then as I hear Mumford can eat about 18 sausages in a meal...:D

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton

I like to think of him as being like a bloke who was stolen as a child, and years later he's finally back with his real family. :)

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Just watching the downloaded replay (thanks ZeeCFC) with the obligatory couple of glasses of red.

Am I right in saying that, with Robbo out, Tommy Bell is the only Blue that goes out to 'hurt' the opposition. Our problem is that we don't intimidate the opposition - no side walks in fear when they play the Blues.

He is out for the next 3-4 weeks but Bell has to be persevered with. He has a bit of mongrel that we need. Also impressed he went back to the Twos and worked hard.

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Damn. Good win.

Yup and won the last qtr

prisoner777

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2013
Bluesville Intergalactic Community
AFL Club
Carlton
I slagged off Warnock all week - he was ******* brilliant, particularly in the first half.

Henderson, Waite & Casboult all played their roles superbly - if we can stick with this three-prong tall forward structure we will be a far better side for it.

Murphy, Gibbs & Curnow were outstanding in the middle. Really hope Ed isn't seriously injured because he is an absolute gun now (and his desire to stay on the ground when badly hurt was so inspiring to see).

Everitt was pretty quiet but there is just something about this guy, he kicks the ball VERY well and often bobs up with an effective play at critical moments.

Lucas was very good, he should be very proud of his effort.

Bell put in some absolutely monster efforts in the last quarter when he should have been out on his feet, some very brave running from him specifically.

Walker and Simmo created some great rebound and were instrumental in getting our 'play on at all costs' gameplan going from the back 50 (Yaz was also important to this end).

Fantastic tackling effort tonight too! Loved seeing us take the game on again through the corridor tonight, albeit against an opposition who would be very disappointed with how they performed.

Undoubtedly the team played with gusto and confidence. Despite his 29 touches Gibbsy's disposal efficiency of real concern and until Murphs can take a game by the neck and change its course I don't care how many touches he racks up! We need some belligerent leadership on the field!!

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Undoubtedly the team played with gusto and confidence. Despite his 29 touches Gibbsy's disposal efficiency of real concern and until Murphs can take a game by the neck and change its course I don't care how many touches he racks up! We need some belligerent leadership on the field!!

Are you criticising Murphy's performance from yesterday?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back