Boak Or Gibbs

Boak or Gibbs

• Boak

Votes: 117 80.7%
  • Gibbs

Votes: 28 19.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs has the tools but he seriously needs to harden up. It takes more then pure talent to succeed, in fact when it comes down to the crunch in big games (i.e finals) its that hard edge and desperation for the contest that gets you accorss the line. Plus, even so he doesn't exactly hurt you badly with his disposal.

I'd actually take Boak on that basis.

Gibbs has the tools but he seriously needs to harden up. It takes more then pure talent to succeed, in fact when it comes down to the crunch in big games (i.e finals) its that hard edge and desperation for the contest that gets you accorss the line. Plus, even so he doesn't exactly hurt you badly with his disposal.

I'd actually take Boak on that basis.

Pretty much, IF he does and thats a pretty big if at the stage i'd take Gibbs without even thinking twice.

Gibbs is an absolute gun. You wouldn't know it if you only listened to bigfooty members. Not having his best season, but him over Boak any day.

Seeing as people are throwing up wild rumours etc
Boak hasnt signed, Carlton are interested.
not saying it will happen or even might...
BUT Boak or Gibbs

I havent heard he has already signed...great news though :thumbsu:

I havent seen much of Boak to make a fair call..all i know is his reputation. will obviously watch him closer this evening.

This is kind of like trading between premiums in DT/SC...its pointless as both are classy players.

I've sat butter in the sun all day and it's harder then Gibbs. Nice skills but man does he need to grow a set.

Boak is a centre square ball winning gun. If he goes to Geelong you watch him go without having a heavy tag on his ass every weekend.

If Gibbs hardens up he can be an absolute gun, I wouldnt trade him for Boak only to turn into that player at Port Adelaide while we have Boak whose already at his best.

Ok maybe it was a down game but seeing Gibbs live Vs the Power last weekend, i was shocked at how Gibbs is rated by people!
Id be suprised if he got 1 hard ball get! Backed out in a couple contests in the backlines and looked lost in the wet due to not wanting to throw himself in.
Id have taken Boak over him in that game even though Boak was limping badly from the start and looking like he was playing on one foot...
Plz sign Boaky!

Both have stagnated this year (Boak due to injury). Both are just about as good as each other, but I'd take a good inside mid over a good outside mid/half back flanker so I'm voting Boak. A better comparison would be Hartlett v Gibbs, they're far more similar players than Boak and Gibbs are.

I'd be very interested to see how Gibbs would go in a lesser midfield, e.g. Port's. Would he relish the challenge of playing in the No. 1 midfielder role and finally fulfill his potential, or would he be exposed as a softie who's been riding the coattails of Judd and Murphy? His leadership ability as a junior suggests the former, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Gibbs without even thinking.

Sums up your posting in the Polls Board whenever a Carlton player is involved. You'd probably take Ed Curnow over Boak.

I dislike Carlton as much as the next guy, but I wonder, if Boak was #1 and Gibbs #4, what would the perceptions be?

This. Although I've often wondered the same thing about what the perceptions would be if Robbie Gray was taken at #5 and Boak was taken at #55.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sums up your posting in the Polls Board whenever a Carlton player is involved. You'd probably take Ed Curnow over Boak.

Sums up yours more than mine mate. You always whine about the same rubbish whenever I back the Carlton player, despite me having ready examples to prove your accusation a fallacy. A recent example for you is Beams vs Robinson. But don't let reality disturb your delusions.

Boak - because he's going to be playing for us (as long as Stringer doesn't improve to much more) :oops:

Gibbs is more talented, but Ratten has stifled his development and made sure Gibbs has forgotten how to win hard ball by playing him as a loose man in defence/tagger for a prolonged period of time. I wold probably pick Boak, as you know what you are going to get.

Boak, is doing his work in the middle of the ground getting tagged each week. Gibbs floats around half back, getting easy touches. Gibbs's disposal is a lot better than Boak's, but Boak wins his own footy and has stood up in a poor side.
I reckon, if Boak goes to Geelong as is potentially reported, you'll find he'll become an absolute star

Type for a type really. Both players are probably on a par but in different ways. I like the tough nuts though so went with Boak.

Here's hoping he finds his way home to Geelong ;)

Back