FTA-TV Boardwalk Empire

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the new series scehduled for release in the 'Fall' Season 2010. It's Scorsese's, and the filming of the pilot has just finished. Said to be the 'Next Sopranos, which seems a bit ambitious.

A little desciption
HBO just ordered 11 episodes of the period drama "Boardwalk Empire" based on the novel by Nelson Johnson "Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times and the Corruption of Atlantic City". The show was created by Terrence Winter ("The Sopranos") and centers on Eunoch "Nucky" Thompson, a businessman and Prohibition rum runner, who is "half politician and half gangster". The talented Steve Buscemi will star as Thompson, no other than Martin Scorsese directed the already produced pilot. Scorsese will also serve as producer, alongside Mark Wahlberg and others. Other series' regulars include Emmy-winner Kelly McDonald, Michael Pitt and Oscar-nominee Michael Shannon.
Sounds promising though. This is an article written about a week ago that discusses the novel and the series.

New HBO period drama created by Martin Scorsese set in New Jersey during 1920s and the associated gang / mob activity during that time.

HBO have already spent $50m on the pilot alone (extensive set and costume design) so even if it is a smash hit the large costs may mean a premature end... similar to other quality HBO period dramas Rome and Deadwood.

Should screen in the US by the end of this year.

Teaser

[youtube]Mm30JBh8pnE[/youtube]

Scorsese is directing the pilot, so I'll watch that at the very least. Buscemi as the lead in a TV series should be interesting to see also.

Bump.

Debuting in Fall over in the States. Scorsese's directing the pilot and is expected to be involved creatively after that. It's also been confirmed that Michael K Williams (Omar from The Wire) will also be in it as "Chalky White"", the de facto mayor. Can't wait.

Really disappointed my original thread from back in September was never recalled to it's once great beauty.

Moving on from that ... very excited.

I'll wait til I see it before jumping HBO back to the top of the US cable network queue.

IMO Game of Thrones has more potential than this, although am happy to be proven wrong.

[YOUTUBE]7KfUNiFlo4c[/YOUTUBE]

Terrance Winter, Scorcese, prohibition era Atlantic City with characters such as Lucky Luciano and Al Capone and a cast including names such as Steve Buschemi and Kelly Macdonald.

What more could you want from a series?

Hopefully Treme, Broadwalk Empire and Game of Thrones are a sign that HBO is back on track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Downloading now mofos. Pumped.

I might add, it is a healthy 2.19GB for the 720p version. Will be worth every byte.

not going the 720p version. I'm perilously close to my dl limit as is.
I just upped mine due to iiNet's new plans. 200GB/month for the same price as 100GB before. :thumbsu:

Won't be able to watch tonight though ... Uni then a huge Brownlow night.

Queued for tomorrow.

Really enjoyed it as well and looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Though only a glimpse of Omar! Can't wait to see that guy back in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back