Politics Bob Carr - Gillard Govt foreign policy "subcontracted" to Melbourne Jewish lobby

Remove this Banner Ad

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
we already know what to eat if we want to look like an emaciated rat in glasses.

It is ******* weird - he is downing the Whey like some one who wants a fully sick pump

JRoo

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2012
Yangon Myanmar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Danby getting hysterical saying that Carr was "plucked from obscurity" having been a former provincial premier.

Ummm, Carr was the very long serving premier of the nation's most populous state. He'd also conducted a huge review of the party. He was internationally known and respected and a great candidate as FM.

I think history will remember Carr as the far more infuential figure than Danby.

I'd also like the Melbourne pro Israel lobby to explain just how it was that one of its scions in Ben Zygier ended up betraying Australia and placing Australian citizens in grave danger by stealing passports and using his Australian passport to engage in espionage on behalf of a foreign power.

There's a word for people like Zygier: traitors.

Danby is a waste of space and my local member. The only reason he stays is his links to the jewish community and the fact that the LNP keeps putting up other jewish candidates to counter him. If the ALP removed Danby and put a non-Jewish person in they'd be a chance to lose swags of the Melbourne Port booths and the seat.

Abbott has always been bumchums with Colin Rubenstein. famously/infamously emailing/texting CR asking him "how do you like that Colin?".
http://www.smh.com.au/national/tony...ts-upsetting-palestinians-20131124-2y434.html

It certainly does not reconcile with BA SAntamaria's position on Israel and Palestine, who clearly was from "they stole it" camp, whilst maintaining that Israel did own a historical fact sovereignty that should not be repealed
Abbott is gods man in Canberra.
He will do anything to assure a place in heaven, nobble a Royal Commission or two, push a few thousand mussies into the ocean or help impose religious lunacy into government schools.
But like all of his ilk he will do it through the back door, underhandedly, like a black dog on a dark night.

Smiling Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 17, 2007
Cultural Marxist Utopia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What is with the hate for Carr?

I honestly didn't think I would ever see a major party politician say a bad word about Zionism ('the Israel lobby') in my lifetime. Ever.

Takes balls to come out and say something like this. Let alone write about it.

And look at how Uncle Rupert's tabloids have responded.

Reality is that every one of us is being represented on the UN by a small group of people who continually vote in accordance with a state that is violating international agreements and, some might argue, committing genocide.

Carr had the conviction to roll the PM who installed him in order to change Australia's vote at the UN.

In the context of contemporary Australian politics, that is heroic.
I never understood where Gillard got her fanatical Zionism from.
I've always thought it went down something like this:

Lester Burnham

Cancelled
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Danby is a waste of space and my local member. The only reason he stays is his links to the jewish community and the fact that the LNP keeps putting up other jewish candidates to counter him. If the ALP removed Danby and put a non-Jewish person in they'd be a chance to lose swags of the Melbourne Port booths and the seat.

Greens preferences kept Danby in the job. Strange world that we live in.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
There's quite a bit to Carr's remarks about the powerful and (too) influential Jewish lobby.

As for Danby, any politician who sought to stop the publication of a book written by a Jew that was critical of the manner in which Israel treats the Palestinians has no real grasp of democracy. And Danby attempted to do just that with the book by Antony Loewenstein called "My Israel Question". To the credit of Louise Adler of Melbourne University Press she told him to go jump.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
There's quite a bit to Carr's remarks about the powerful and (too) influential Jewish lobby.

As for Danby, any politician who sought to stop the publication of a book written by a Jew that was critical of the manner in which Israel treats the Palestinians has no real grasp of democracy. And Danby attempted to do just that with the book by Antony Loewenstein called "My Israel Question". To the credit of Louise Adler of Melbourne University Press she told him to go jump.
yeah, Ant Loew is da bomb.

comes from a fine lineage of the self hating joo.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Greens preferences kept Danby in the job. Strange world that we live in.
really, danby aint that bad. i dont like his remarks, and the provincial governor remark made him into self parody. but he has melbourne ports, its like the Brooklyn seat, he has to pull for his constituents. and i dont mean one mighty reacharound and dutch rudder. anyone from the conservative side will make Pyne and Bishop look like anti-semites. Its the gerrymander demographics of the seat. (yeah, that was license on the term, not technically correct one concedes)

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
All Left Wingers in the Party have to do it if they have ambition - most of the Melbourne types are "progressive" or at least fund raise for both sides equally - its one of the few places outside Unions that ALPers can get election funding from
it is why Rahm Emmanuel is gonna beat Joe Lieberman to be the first jewish POTUS. He has inherited the bagman title from the Clintons.

Nov 6, 2002
End of the Earth.
AFL Club
Fremantle
theres your answer. he edited it. like the BHP Elders cross shareholding to prevent raider holmes a court, he said he would edit kevvies, and kevvie would edit bobs. there.
it is why Rahm Emmanuel is gonna beat Joe Lieberman to be the first jewish POTUS. He has inherited the bagman title from the Clintons.
really, danby aint that bad. i dont like his remarks, and the provincial governor remark made him into self parody. but he has melbourne ports, its like the Brooklyn seat, he has to pull for his constituents. and i dont mean one mighty reacharound and dutch rudder. anyone from the conservative side will make Pyne and Bishop look like anti-semites. Its the gerrymander demographics of the seat. (yeah, that was license on the term, not technically correct one concedes)

All off topic distractions.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd also like the Melbourne pro Israel lobby to explain just how it was that one of its scions in Ben Zygier ended up betraying Australia and placing Australian citizens in grave danger by stealing passports and using his Australian passport to engage in espionage on behalf of a foreign power.

There's a word for people like Zygier: traitors.

J Pollard?

Israel ever so helpful when dealing with ATO enquiries. Worse than Switzerland. No great surprise the oligarchs all have passports. Such a great friend to Oz. May as well sign military assistance treaty with the French.

I spat out my beer about three times when he was interviewed on the 7.30 programme

given up on the snifter Comrade?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lester Burnham

Cancelled
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong

You missed addressing the relevant point. Greens policy on Israel/ Palestine is fundamentally at odds with the views of the guy they preferenced into the seat.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
You missed addressing the relevant point. Greens policy on Israel/ Palestine is fundamentally at odds with the views of the guy they preferenced into the seat.
and what is the counter-thetical?

if they preferenced libs, they have the same policy.

The greens, except some faction of the greens in sydney, are not one issue vote(voters). The greens are internal focused, domestic party, they hold much less of a remit about the national foreign policy.

ceteris paribus. this one immaterial policy/vote, does not revolve around a greens preference, and they were never gonna influence either conservatives/alp on this issue by wielding their preference.

Last edited:

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Rahmbo has a few too many skeletons in the closet, and made way too many enemies, especially on his own side, for that to ever happen.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
J Pollard?

Israel ever so helpful when dealing with ATO enquiries. Worse than Switzerland. No great surprise the oligarchs all have passports. Such a great friend to Oz. May as well sign military assistance treaty with the French.

given up on the snifter Comrade?

They are still angling to get Pollard out.

As for a military assistance treaty with the French, I'd be up for it. At least they can win a fight these days, unlike the pathetic Brits who were run out of Basra, run out of Helmand. The French are currently pound for pound probably the most effective military force on the planet, even more so than the Israelis.

But yes on your wider point, I agree, Israel is the worst friend you could ever hope for.

Routinely steals Australian passports and puts our citizens at risk by using them on illegal murder operations in third party countries.

Actively encourages the diaspora to sway their host government's policies away from the best interest of that country towards Israel's interests.

As you say, has no interest in seeking actual justice when criminals and others wanted in Australia flee there.

Even manages to behave appallingly when Australian ciztiens who are hugely sympathetic to Israel get in trouble there: the Maccabee Games disaster.

If Australia had to have a relationship with a quasi democracy with a hardline religious bent in that region, Iran makes far more sense for us, especially at the economic level, than does Israel.

That said, Israel will be gone within a century unless it can somehow pick a way through the Orthodox deographic timebomb.

RedLegs#5

Last edited:

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

BDS is not formal Greens policy. Just the policy of Lee Rhiannon aka the worst thing that ever happened to that party.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
probably the most effective military force on the planet, even more so than the Israelis.
like mossad, horribly overrated, medusala agrees. they can off norwegian waiters and overweight hamas apparatchiks in qatar 5 star room service.

but they aint up for it anymore. waiting to get to Goa and get on the weed and mdma

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
but he holds the purse strings. they should be able to manage the media, and keep those things hushed like stains on red velvet dresses

Won't ever happen.

Back