Beasley

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2005
Full Forward
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
i have just listened to a couple of radio interviews that Bob Murphy has done since becoming Captain, and what an inspiring leader he will be for our club. His interview in 3aw last night was very good and he had Dwayne and Gerard in his hands with the friendly and positive interaction he demonstrated throughout the interview.

The discussion included a few thorny issues such a the Griffin departure, the signing of Tom Boyd and his contract, plus the McCartney departure, and Bob handled the questions with confidence.

He conducted himself ina similar manner on the 5aa interview which is in the Bulldogs website.

We have a fantastic Skipper on our hands here and he will make the previous bloke look foolish.

Agree much stronger with the media and public speaking which was the big weakness of the last 2 captains
yeah.....I think these days if at all possible that the official captain has to be media savvy and friendly. They have to like being involved in that aspect. It's no longer ideal for the skipper just to be a good on field or behind the scenes leader, this day and age there is much more to it.

The brilliance of Murph as Captain will be his media ablitlies. Beverage has a loooooong way to go in this space, and the club really needs a strong, public voice right now.

The brilliance of Murph as Captain will be his media ablitlies. Beverage has a loooooong way to go in this space, and the club really needs a strong, public voice right now.

Murph's media ablitlies are very under-rated. In fact, I would guess he is the only person in the world with ablitlies...!!! :p (sorry)

Should have been captain after Johnno, but hindsight is a wonderful thing and a vast improvement on Humphrey Bear.

Murph loves the club and has great sense of our history and who we are.

I'd run through a brick wall for him.

Should have been captain after Johnno, but hindsight is a wonderful thing and a vast improvement on Humphrey Bear.

Murph loves the club and has great sense of our history and who we are.

I'd run through a brick wall for him.
I think Boyd acquitted himself well. In fact the captaincy shouldn't have been taken away from him in the first place.

I think Boyd acquitted himself well. In fact the captaincy shouldn't have been taken away from him in the first place.
I wanted Gia instead of Boyd after Johnno but Gia was on the outer with supporters at that stage :(. He would have been an excellent captain IMO. But Boyd did well in terms of setting an example with commitment to training and giving feedback to the team.

I wanted Gia instead of Boyd after Johnno but Gia was on the outer with supporters at that stage :(. He would have been an excellent captain IMO. But Boyd did well in terms of setting an example with commitment to training and giving feedback to the team.
I would've been rapt with Gia. Would've been a good mix of Boyd and Murph.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back