News Bock retires

Remove this Banner Ad

One positive to come out of this is that it eases the list management situation. Now they'll only have to delist 3 players from the senior list.

Does that take into account Brown's removal from the senior list?
Yes. It would have been 5 before Brown retired. Maybe Boston will end up getting the upgrade as a result? That would require 4 delistings.

It's not a surprise but somehow I am still shocked.

Wow this turned into a very expensive mistake.
on the up side it should free up some cash

All the best Bocky and thanks.

27 games @ roughly $100,000 a game (27 games over 4 seasons at $700,000 a season)
With hindsight being what it is, sure. But none of us could have predicted that Bocky would have broken his leg almost never to be seen again.

It's a damn shame, I was a fan :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a surprise but somehow I am still shocked.

Wow this turned into a very expensive mistake. on the up side it should free up some cash

All the best Bocky and thanks.

27 games @ roughly $100,000 a game (27 games over 4 seasons at $700,000 a season)
He was in AA form for us in 2011. No big forwards at all got ahold of us in that year when he was standing them. He was worth the punt IMO. As BRM said, you just can't foresee injuries like that.

Throw in Murphy and Warnock delisting/retirements too!

Take Brown, Bock, Murphy and Warnock off. That means the club would only need to delist one other player from the senior list. Looks like a few of the fringe players are going to get lucky this year and keep their spot on the list.

be interesting to see what mature aged players we go for.
i think we are lacking in the 26 - 30 bracket

James Frawley will be 26 by the time the free agency period comes around...

Take Brown, Bock, Murphy and Warnock off. That means the club would only need to delist one other player from the senior list. Looks like a few of the fringe players are going to get lucky this year and keep their spot on the list.
Probably a good thing. Some players just take a while.

Jackson Allen for mine is a case in point. He was really in the wilderness for the first half of this year, but his last month of footy has been very good in the 2s. He should be playing 1s this week. Has certainly earned it and deserves at least a 1 year extension.

Probably a good thing. Some players just take a while.

Jackson Allen for mine is a case in point. He was really in the wilderness for the first half of this year, but his last month of footy has been very good in the 2s. He should be playing 1s this week. Has certainly earned it and deserves at least a 1 year extension.
Who would you delist then? Your options are Sumner, Russell, Taylor, Nicholls, Hutchins, Rischitelli or Broughton. Also, would you delist a second player from that list to upgrade Boston?

I've mentioned Frawley twice now but I get the feeling you guys don't think it's possible. Frawley reportedly wants around $700k. Brown's 75% towards the cap would probably equate to around $250k, Bock probably around $200k and Hunt around $200k-250k. That's about $700k.

I've made my feelings for Frawley known in the list management thread. He's just too expensive for his capabilities.

I would delist Taylor and make him a DFA. Then he can head back to Melbourne to a club of his choice. Hutchins would be next on the list.

Im keen for Frawley, no other free agents available that would add more to our list imo.

Id also upgrade Boston and delist Taylor who is a good athlete but nowhere near it, and Hutchins who might make it somewhere else but is a shocking kick. Boston has way more potential the the 2 potential delistees imo.

I've made my feelings for Frawley known in the list management thread. He's just too expensive for his capabilities.

I would delist Taylor and make him a DFA. Then he can head back to Melbourne to a club of his choice. Hutchins would be next on the list.

It's possible the club may be able to convince Frawley to take less for a shot at a premiership in the next few years. General consensus amongst the media seemed to be that the Suns are missing just one type of defender and Frawley could fill that hole.

I agree that Taylor should be the first in the firing line. Reminds me a bit of Joel Wilkinson in that he is a good athlete but not a great footballer. I'd be tossing up between Allen and Hutchins for the next in line.

I feel like we kind of need Frawley now.
Im keen for Frawley,
I could totally see him down at Burleigh beach or Snapper rocking the wet suit:

MjAFfXU.jpg

what did we give up to get bock...
Nothing. He was recruited as an off contract player in 2010. Probably the most notable name that was delisted last year when they decided to keep Bock was Maverick Weller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back