JD & Bojans Rolling EPL Team of the Season - Update from JD to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Stolen from Matthew Lloyd's segment on the Sunday Footy Show, I thought it'd be fun to start a team of the season thread that is updated on a weekly basis. This is not a team of the week but players can break into the team of the season based on performance over the entire season with a weighting given to their last performance. I have tried to fit players into their natural position as much as possible. Up to Matchday 30, if a player is injured for a significant amount of time, they will be unlikely to retain their spot.

Below is the team thus far:

upload_2015-10-16_7-50-9.png

Bench: Jack Butland, Toby Alderweireld, Morgan Schneiderlin, David Silva, Yannick Bolasie, Sadio Mane', Anthony Martial

On the precipice: Andre Ayew, Kevin De Bruyne, Nathaniel Clyne, Petr Cech, Vincent Kompany, Juan Mata, Romelu Lukaku, Ross Barkley

Edit: elhadjihenry is spot on. Butland deserves to be involved. Bye Gomes.

Let the debate begin.

Last edited:
Aguero has scored in 2 games all season hasn't he? What site did you use to get that wouldn't mind posting my reply in a similar format

Aguero has scored in 2 games all season hasn't he? What site did you use to get that wouldn't mind posting my reply in a similar format
Guess i gave Kun a decent weighting to his 5 goal performance last week. Would have copped criticism if i put Eminem ahead of him!

http://lineupbuilder.com/new.php

It's a bit fidgety but easy when you get the hang of it. Despite saying you can embed the formation, it didn't work for me on BF so i used snipping tool.

FWIW, if Eriksen keeps performing for a few more games, he'll be in there soon enough.

5620171368e37.jpg

Bench: Gomes, Dann, Sagna, Kouyate, KDB, Silva, Pelle

Unlucky Barkley & Mane

Been our player of the season so far. We will miss him massively this week
I'll have to watch him again. Not in the team as it is. That's not a slight on him. There have been some fantastic performances from midfielders thus far. As much as i dislike the campaigner, i have Coquelin at the same level as Dier thus far, which is just off the pace.

I'll have to watch him again. Not in the team as it is. That's not a slight on him. There have been some fantastic performances from midfielders thus far. As much as i dislike the campaigner, i have Coquelin at the same level as Dier thus far, which is just off the pace.
Depends on the formation you go with when picking the team of the season. A 4-4-2 would be very hard for guys like Dier and Coq to get into as there's just so many good more attacking CMs that will take up the 2 spots they'd all be contesting for.

Great shout on Butland! Amavi? I can barely think of a good thing about Aston Villa apart from Traroe's run at Palace
He's been their best player and I can't think of any other LBs that have stood out. Monreal and Azpi have been solid but Amavi provides more going forward I think. Plus I kind of have a soft spot for him after becoming a bandwagon Nice fan while I was in France earlier in the year before Villa bought him :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back