JD & Bojans Rolling EPL Team of the Season - Update from JD to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Annoys me when people base their views off whoscored rather than actually watching the games.
Okay, from watching lots of our games id say Alli so far should at least be in the mix. Has been a rock in midfield so far.

Actually pleasantly surprised how well he's taken to the prem coming from league 1. Just shows sometimes players just need an opportunity.

Okay, from watching lots of our games id say Alli so far should at least be in the mix. Has been a rock in midfield so far.

Actually pleasantly surprised how well he's taken to the prem coming from league 1. Just shows sometimes players just need an opportunity.
Alli is coming along really well. He still has a fair way to go to break into the team of the season. Some pretty handy players are missing out.

Seen a lot of the press with Kolarov in their TOTY (so far).

I like him more than most but wouldn't have thought he'd be around the mark. Press do tend to ignore defending when rating defenders, but while he has created a fair bit I don't think he's been that good going forward.

I like him more than most but wouldn't have thought he'd be around the mark. Press do tend to ignore defending when rating defenders, but while he has created a fair bit I don't think he's been that good going forward.
Monreal has been much better from what I have seen. At least defensively he has been.

So explain to us what you're watching that makes him close to the team of the season? Because he isn't that influential...
Bolasie? U srs? Watch a Palace game and the space he creates with his forward runs. When he gets the ball he beats players for fun. Did you see him on the w/e? Pool shat themselves anytime he went near it.

So people like you don't get confused between Kelechi and Iheanacho :thumbsu:

Might not be the only Kelechi at the club soon if rumours coming out of Nigeria are to be believed. Or the only Nwakali for that matter (I need a lie down)

Bolasie? U srs? Watch a Palace game and the space he creates with his forward runs. When he gets the ball he beats players for fun. Did you see him on the w/e? Pool shat themselves anytime he went near it.
I've watched several Palace games this season. I don't think he has the influence you suggest he does.

Well likely agree to disagree on that though haha.

i dont see it either. his defensive stuff and whenever he has the ball in his half is horrid. how many times will he get the ball down the flank defensively, and as soon as someone goes to close him down, he'll wheel around like a truck from the 20's and boot it out on his left? his lack of pace going back puts the left sided centre back under a lot of pressure, especially against the quicker/trickier wingers of world football. you look at someone like marcelo for example, he'll push up the field like kolarov, but he's not only quick, but he has the skill on the ball to play out. kolarov is extremely limited outside of his crosses in my opinion. but it is also something that can completely change a game. he started off the season very well, but looked better being in a defence that was so solid.

Haha Bolasie. He shouldn't be anywhere near the team of the season, unless it's the bottom team. He's one of the worst and, ridiculously, overrated footballers in the premiership. Everyone goes on and on about how he scares defenders and he's a good dribbler, but he's contributed a massive 2 goals and 0 assists this season despite being a 'threat.'

Take a comparison in the Premier League this season with Erik Lamela for example, a player who is widely, and incorrectly, derided as a flop and probably wouldn't be considered near this team of the season:

Pass Completion - Lamela: 83%, Bolasie: 74%
Key Passes - Lamela: 23, Bolasie: 5 (LOL!)
Assists - Lamela: 3, Bolasie: 0
Chances Created - Lamela: 26, Bolasie: 5 (LOL!)
Goals - Lamela: 2, Bolasie: 2
And although everyone says Bolasie is a good dribbler and Lamela always loses the ball, Lamela actually has a higher successful take on %. And this doesn't even take in their defensive contributions.

Now, I'm not suggesting that Lamela should be in the team of the season, because he shouldn't - although he's been outstanding for us - but it is a great example of how completely rubbish and overrated Bolasie is. If Lamela is nowhere near the Team of the Season then Bolasie should be a million times further away and the fact he could even be considered close to the best 11 players this season is insane.

Lamela was outstanding against Arsenal. Game turned when he went off.

"For example".

Let's be honest, the whole purpose of that post was to big up Lamela (which is completely fine but at least be honest about it).
It definitely wasn't. He was just the first that came to mind as I had seen that comparison on a different forum and obviously he plays for Spurs and I would not suggest at all that he should be near the team of the season.
Annoys me when people base their views off whoscored rather than actually watching the games.
Squawka actually. But I've also watched Palace quite a bit and every time he has the ball he looks threatening before, inevitably, doing absolutely nothing with it. The statistics are only evidence to actually have a factual basis that backs up observation and I don't need stats to tell me that Bolasie wastes almost every single promising position he finds himself in.

Surely in the position that Bolasie plays, and for someone who's supposed to be near the team of the season, he should be creating or scoring a whole lot more than he does. After all, the games about scoring and creating goals and chances of which Bolasie does ridiculously little.

Coq 2.0?

Definitely, shows what a hungry footballer can achieve if given a chance.

Like Kane last season, stuck behind the lazy Ade he showed what he could do once given the chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back by popular (I think anyway) demand. Bojan's rolling team of the season completed by someone not watching Zzzz Utd

upload_2015-12-14_15-18-34.png

Subs: De Gea, Cresswell, Smalling, Barkley, Dier, Coutinho, Vardy

On the cusp: Gomes, Koscielny, Sagna, Monreal, Stanislas (mainly for the DDG lols), Capoue, KDB, Wijnaldum, Bolaise, Alli, Ighalo, Kane
On the block: De Gea, Cresswell, Dier, Coutinho, Barkley & Vardy

Harsh on the last 4 on the block but it's more the good form of the likes of Ighalo that could push one out of the side

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-14_15-5-26.png
    upload_2015-12-14_15-5-26.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Dann has been very good this season. Scores a few goals and is part of an over achieving Palace side who has conceded less than a goal a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back