Rumour Bomber Thompson to Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have it from a very good source that Blighty is into Vossy in a big way.
Didn't that already happen?

EizN4PF.jpg

Ralphy reckons Bomber has "blown" his chances of coaching the Suns.

Some interesting comment in his piece regarding erratic behavior too.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Marcus Ashcroft wanted Vossy as coach, apparently they had a big argument over the way Mckenna was treated at the end and Voss didnt want that to happen to him.

Voss was offered the role and turned it down according to my source

bombersfan4000

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Marcus Ashcroft wanted Vossy as coach, apparently they had a big argument over the way Mckenna was treated at the end and Voss didnt want that to happen to him.

Voss was offered the role and turned it down according to my source
where is voss living now days?
as he has several media commitments in Melbourne i would expect he would be living there?

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
where is voss living now days?
as he has several media commitments in Melbourne i would expect he would be living there?
Still living in Brisbane last I read, even with his media commitments. Coorparoo from memory.

That gives me confidence he's well in the hunt then.:)
A week later Caro wrote a very similar article, and similarly was very careful about the words used.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
A week later Caro wrote a very similar article, and similarly was very careful about the words used.
You appear to be digging yourself into an ever deeper hole.:D

To be serious. Bomber has always been quirky. He also has a substantial curriculum vitae when it comes to coaching and development. It isn't often that a dual premiership coach with multiple other finals appearances is on the market. And I'd suggest with all the distractions at Essendon this year his coaching performance was extremely good. Showing he hasn't lost it.

If the GC are prepared to cast aside that record because he's quirky. More fools them.

You appear to be digging yourself into an ever deeper hole.:D

To be serious. Bomber has always been quirky. He also has a substantial curriculum vitae when it comes to coaching and development. It isn't often that a dual premiership coach with multiple other finals appearances is on the market. And I'd suggest with all the distractions at Essendon this year his coaching performance was extremely good. Showing he hasn't lost it.

If the GC are prepared to cast aside that record because he's quirky. More fools them.
Umm, yeah...I'm not sure you're catching what I'm pitching.

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
Have zero confirmation but have heard from a couple of people who claim to have some link with the Pies that they and Bomber have been talking about a possible role for him to join Collingwood.

Before you go shooting me down, keep in mind that I have posted this on the "Rumours" Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back