Bomber Thompson's AOD Comments

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What do we make of this statement from Mark Thompson?

Thompson, along with club doctor Bruce Reid, voiced his difference to players being injected, but he was unaware of the use of prohibited substance Thymosin Beta 4 (TB4) during his time at the club.

“I know that not many of us knew ... much about that drug. We all know a lot about AOD. We made sure that got approved, but we thought everything else was already approved,” he told Fox Footy’s AFL360.

“So the fact that they’ve gone out behind our back to make a banned substance and give it to the players is terrible.”

Not many of us knew about that drug?

We all know a lot about AOD?

The fact they've made a banned substance and given it to the players??

I thought no one knew much about TB4?

Who's the 'we' that knew a about AOD?

It's a fact TB4 was made behind their backs and given to the players??

Is Thompson delirious?

Thompson, along with club doctor Bruce Reid, voiced his difference to players being injected, but he was unaware of the use of prohibited substance Thymosin Beta 4 (TB4) during his time at the club.

“I know that not many of us knew ... much about that drug. We all know a lot about AOD. We made sure that got approved, but we thought everything else was already approved,” he told Fox Footy’s AFL360.

“So the fact that they’ve gone out behind our back to make a banned substance and give it to the players is terrible.”

Is Thompson delirious?
Taken way out of context, Bomber was revering to Dank etc going behind their backs to go about it.

Is Thompson delirious?
Hmm... It could be read that it was Dank's intention to use it which now seems relatively clear. Bomber has a tendency to talk like a crazy man (shoots mouth off).

Is Thompson delirious?
I might get shot down for this but to me that sounds like Bomber is saying everyone at the club knew about AOD being injected but he knew nothing about TB4 being compounded and given to players.. almost sounds like an admission to me.

Yeah - Like I said I think he is referring to the contents of the report which suggests Dank's intention rather than the players actually being injected with TB4.

Thymosin was written on the consent forms after the Bruce Reid letter, to say that no-one knew much about it just shows the whole thing was one big arse covering strategy that was NEVER implemented properly

Thymosin was written on the consent forms after the Bruce Reid letter, to say that no-one knew much about it just shows the whole thing was one big arse covering strategy that was NEVER implemented properly
Okay - but it's not impossible that the consent forms happened due to concerns over AOD rather than Thymosin (AOD was also on the form) which is consistent with what Bomber is saying

Okay - but it's not impossible that the consent forms happened due to concerns over AOD rather than Thymosin (AOD was also on the form) which is consistent with what Bomber is saying

There was the whole approval process that went with the consent forms for every substance

I might get shot down for this but to me that sounds like Bomber is saying everyone at the club knew about AOD being injected but he knew nothing about TB4 being compounded and given to players.. almost sounds like an admission to me.
Don't you think his comments are a reference to the tribunal findings? If so I don't read it in the light you're suggesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Mark, Mrs Crameri knew it was just a natural supplement. Don't be so silly, Mark. It was all safe and natural. Ask Mrs Crameri, she was clearly higher up the hierarchy than you.

When people actually a) realise, and b) accept what happened with AOD, and the implications for this investigation, I wonder if it will change people's minds about ASADA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back