Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2007
Byron Bay
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
#TheExers
image.jpg

McLachlan under real pressure, and must have a perforated dartboard in his office with Vlad's picture on it.

As I have said before

Id I were a players and felt I had done no wrong. Seeing the evidence is the one way that I may very seriusly consider making a deal If I felt it was my b est wat out.

Even if I was not 100% convinced, but could see a strong case I was tricked, it would bet me to walk.

I wonder when the term aggravated comes in to play? How many times do you poke the bear before it rips your ******* head off?

Not accepting a deal is poking the bear now? Wow.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Excellent, so we get to play a team that's going to be rubbed out, voluntary or not, for doping.

Yay AFL.

Not accepting a deal is poking the bear now? Wow.
No, more referring to the other deal the afl and Essendon discussed without ASADAs knowledge. Know it's in the wrong thread but it's kinda related! :p And in a way, rejecting offers could also stir the bear up don't you think?

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
That is a pretty interesting article:

1) Caro suggests that the AFL & Club were not involved in the offer provided to players by ASADA- hard to see that the club was not told by the players.
2) ASADA told the players they have evidence that they took TB4- but unwittingly.
3) Players rejected the offer of the last 4 games of this season, finals if they made them and ready for round 1 next year as ASADA did not agree to show them the evidence.
4) AFLPA maybe stepping up by suggesting the players will be deciding how they will be proceeding in the matter in response to the proposed meeting between Little & Gil.

Edit - wonder who it suits to have leaked the story of this deal?

That is a pretty interesting article:

1) Caro suggests that the AFL & Club were not involved in the offer provided to players by ASADA- hard to see that the club was not told by the players.
2) ASADA told the players they have evidence that they took TB4- but unwittingly.
3) Players rejected the offer of the last 4 games of this season, finals if they made them and ready for round 1 next year as ASADA did not agree to show them the evidence.
4) AFLPA maybe stepping up by suggesting the players will be deciding how they will be proceeding in the matter in response to the proposed meeting between Little & Gil.
So the offer sounds remarkably like the Cronulla deal. Except evidence wasn't provided.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
So the offer sounds remarkably like the Cronulla deal. Except evidence wasn't provided.

Seems so. Approx 4-7 weeks plus off season suspension from my reading.

Personally feel both deals are letting the players off lightly if ASADA have the evidence.

Can only mean off field instigators are the ones in the gun.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
TBH I agree with the bombers here. If you truly believe you are innocent why taint your name and do a deal?
I am not sure if ASADA are doing the right thing here...

If ASADA think they are guilty and are satisfied with the evidence there should be no deal. Even if they have been duped they still took banned substances. There is no provision in the WADA code for duping. I keep hearing the only case someone got off is when they were under an anaesthetic and were given a banned substance without their permission.

So what's going on here? This is getting more bizarre by the moment!

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
TBH I agree with the bombers here. If you truly believe you are innocent why taint your name and do a deal?
I am not sure if ASADA are doing the right thing here...

If ASADA think they are guilty and are satisfied with the evidence there should be no deal. Even if they have been duped they still took banned substances. There is no provision in the WADA code for duping. I keep hearing the only case someone got off is when they were under an anaesthetic and were given a banned substance without their permission.

So what's going on here? This is getting more bizarre by the moment!

Getting off is different to getting reduced or back dated bans.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Alberto Contador did, served six months of a 2 year suspension. 18 months was backdated
However he had all his victories and titles stripped. So he lost a lot!
If there is no punishment like that what are you achieving by backdating the punishment? How could this be a punishment for Essendon apart from staining their reputation?

I wonder when the term aggravated comes in to play? How many times do you poke the bear before it rips your ******* head off?

It would seem the bear does not share your confidence

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
To me they either have the evidence or they don't.
If they have good evidence most of the Essendon posters here have said they'll cop their wack.
If they don't have the evidence, they walk (no matter what we all might think).

Backdating bans to entice a guilty plea is bizarre to me, sorry!

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
However he had all his victories and titles stripped. So he lost a lot!
If there is no punishment like that what are you achieving by backdating the punishment? How could this be a punishment for Essendon apart from staining their reputation?

But kept all his financial winnings . Who is to say the support staff will not be punished aswell

Jan 3, 2005
At Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
L.A. Kings, Oakland Raiders
If they have good evidence most of the Essendon posters here have said they'll cop their wack.

Depends who they are after and who they want to look after....that being the AFL they want to look after.

It's bizarre to anyone. Cronulla boys saw their evidence and pretty much folded. Does that tell us anything?

Back