Boncer- The man, the legend, the icon

Remove this Banner Ad

For so long the question of what makes Boncer ticks has been at the fore front of everyones mind. As it stands Im currently writing the longest most in depth interview ever conducted but I want outside participation. PM me any question you want and I'll throw it in the interview.

Otherwise...... Watch this space.

hey, It's Sting!

Sting-tna-wrestling-123478_1024_768.jpg

For so long the question of what makes Boncer ticks has been at the fore front of everyones mind. As it stands Im currently writing the longest most in depth interview ever conducted but I want outside participation. PM me any question you want and I'll throw it in the interview.

Otherwise...... Watch this space.

Can't wait:rolleyes:.

Where's the poster that hates all these empty threads?? Let's get his thoughts??

'legend'....what an overused word.

you could name 20 AFL 'legends', and i would only have heard of 3 of them..

as for 'boncer'......never heard of him. ive heard of 'the big dipper', gary ablett, shane crawford, ron barassi, roy cazaly, anda few others.

'legend' is a title too freely given.:rolleyes:

Annnnnd who are you? Yeh. Nobody. Flog.

and who is poncer? ive never heard of him or her. 'it' certainly is no roy cazaly. so no, not a legend. just a fetish you have in the deep gay recesses of your imagination...(not that theres anything wrong with that..)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HG: Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to our first instalment of the ongoing series entitled, “Boncer. The Man. The Legend. The Icon.” My name is Haig Crutchinson and I will be the man responsible for carrying this interview. Tonight will be a mere sampler of what is to come in future instalments as Boncer covers absolutely everything SFA. But enough of this rubbish and let me introduce the man this series is built around.

HG: In SFA history there has always been players, characters if you will, who seemingly have transcended the game. Men that us mere mortals have always feared and been in awe of and no one, especially if you ask the man himself, has transcended SFA more than Boncer34. A brief look at his impressive resume tells the story; 2 time premiership player, 3 time SoO winner, Captain of a winning SoO, Mobb Medallist, 4 time B&F winner, multiple All-SFA selections, Deestroy medal and even won the inaugural poster of the year award in the SFA people choice awards. But behind the on field player and stats there has always been a fiercely competitive and arrogant off-field persona. Boncer has never been on the back foot when it comes to expressing his opinion, especially when he is adamant he is right and the world is wrong. Yet despite this persona if we look beyond his cutting remarks we see a man who in his own words; “isn’t a bad bloke.” But until this interview it is a side only few have been privileged enough to see, never before has the public had an insight into the mind of Boncer like the one they are about to receive.

HG: Boncer, thanks for meeting with us. First question, why give this interview now?
B: Good to be here Haig, look the reason for this interview is pretty simple. I’m bored and there has been a lot of speculation about a lot of things by a lot of people so I figured it was time to straighten a lot of crap out and speak the truth, at least from my end.

HG: Ok so ego boosting question first, do you truly believe you are the best player of all time?
B: Look that is a tough one, I’d say without a doubt I’m the most decorated of all time with the only trophy from my cabinet missing being the Premiership Captain title. Nobody else can claim a resume like mine, Lj would have to be close but I’m not entirely sure he’s ever captained the SFA which may means he’s a couple short of me. As for off-field again I’d say I’ve nearly been the most noticeable player in the history, I’ve been such a free flowing posting maniac at times that it’s hard for people not to know who I am. Does that make me the best? Maybe. Either way it’s a title I’m certainly going to continue to promote.

HG: Interesting thing you said there was you feel the only thing missing from your resume is the title of Premiership Captain. Yet you’ve never actively sought after the role of captain, you’ve knocked back opportunities before this season. Why is that?
B: I’ve never wanted the job; I’ve always felt that a club captain should be a person that is a little more serious than myself. I’ve felt in the past that I perhaps stir to much s**t to actually take on the position of captain.

HG: Yet that’s changed?
B: Well clearly as admin I have to set somewhat of an example which means I can’t s**t stir as much which thus means I can probably take on the captaincy role. Of course this season I’ve been more a figure head then an actual captain but that’s purely because I haven’t had enough time to take on the role properly. That will hopefully change in the future.

HG: Did you know about the time constraints before taking on the role?
B: I did.

HG: Then why take on the role? Why not pass it on?
B: Because when I took on the job there wasn’t really anyone else at the club that could do it. Obviously I had Tarks but he wasn’t around much so I wasn’t sure if he’d be able to do it by himself. Thus the reasoning for offering him co-captaincy.

HG: So you doubted the internal talent at the Hawks?
B: Not at all. I have no doubt we had a good set of posters before our recruitment drive in Biggie, Tarks, Dagless, Larrikin, Glin, Mr Eagle and myself. However none of us had the time or, to be frank the interest, in captaining a side solo. We don’t take this league as seriously as some which of course led to the belief we were inactive. So Tarks and I split the work between ourselves and it has been a good off field partnership. On field obviously we’ve struggled.

HG: With a bit of help from IMS
B: Without a doubt. He’s been a huge help.

HG: Were you disappointed about what was revealed during the week in regards to IMS?
B: Not particularly. IMS is free to seek offers elsewhere if he wants; as I’ve said it’s the nature of the game. A little heads up would have been nice but meh I’m not going to lose sleep about it. In any event we’ve spoken briefly, literally 2 PM’s, about it and now the issue is done and dusted as far as I’m concerned.

HG: Do you believe IMS’s story?
B: Obviously. I think that some of the comments made about him are rubbish. Where there is smoke there is fire. Now it’s entirely possible that some of the people who contacted him are completely different to the ones claiming he’s full of crap, but to say that nobody contacted him or approached the idea with him is a little fanciful in my opinion.

HG: Do you think Jugs is safe?
B: I think Jugs is a hell of a lot safer after this past week then he was before it. Prior to this week a coup had a chance but now that so many Demons have declared forcefully that their 100% behind him it would be very hypocritical to run a coup now. Besides any change in leadership structure would no doubt justify IMS’s claims a little bit.

HG: Hmm. Interesting, but we’ll touch on the Demons later. Let’s switch to the Hawks recruiting drive. It copped a lot of heat. Are you happy with how it went?
B: Thrilled. We scored IMS, Harps and TTG out of it. 3 quality posters.

HG: But you had a lot of misses as well.
B: Rubbish. We lost Farrand which of course wasn’t pleasant but in reality we hit 4 players and 3 stuck with us. That’s a pretty good strike rate, this rubbish that our drive was a failure is a load of crap.

HG: That may be true
B: It is true

HG: Ok but never the less you can’t deny it was a s**t thing to do to the comp. Stealing so much talent.
B: Again that’s a load of s**t. We took 3 players, 1 of whom was already leaving anyway. Besides people said we were inactive, what did they want me to do? Recruit newbies? The Trolls did that and their list currently has something like 4 out of 19 active. That’s a shade better than 20% recruitment. I hit 75%. Which figure would you choose to have? Besides if losing one player breaks the back of a club and puts them to the wall they deserve to be out of business.

HG: But if you didn’t believe your side was inactive why did you recruit?
B: Because every side can improve. There isn’t one side that can’t improve themselves in the SFA. I saw a chance for us to improve and I took it. Pretty simple really.

HG: Are you recruiting again?
B: We are. We always are.

HG: New or Established?
B: Look we’ll probably lean towards new posters this off-season but if the opportunity arises to nab an established player we certainly won’t be turning our backs on it. As I said recruiting established players has a far better track record.

HG: Any established players you have in mind?
B: I’m looking at nabbing two in particular. I won’t mention names but one of them I’ve been trying for a while so he knows who he is by now. The second one is a bit of a surprise that I’m going to work out and if I can nab him it’ll certainly be one of the biggest recruiting coups of all time.

HG: Well thank you for the first instalment of our series Boncer. For those who sent through questions don’t stress our final segment will be dedicated to your questions. For those who have any questions feel free to PM Boncer and he will answer them in our final segment.

HG: Any established players you have in mind?
B: I’m looking at nabbing two in particular. I won’t mention names but one of them I’ve been trying for a while so he knows who he is by now. The second one is a bit of a surprise that I’m going to work out and if I can nab him it’ll certainly be one of the biggest recruiting coups of all time.

Oh, I wonder who? ;)
It's not me but I think I know who the surprise person you are trying to get is.
Looking forward to future instalments. I clearly put too much work into the questions I sent you. :eek:

Not bad, just wondering Bonce, what's the go with Farrand?

If he'd bothered responding to any of us during mid-season, he would've been traded.

Unless he becomes dramatically more active, he'll probably be cut. We have veterans on our list that we'd rather hold onto who have served us much better in the past.

Oh s**t, I'm on the wrong account. :eek:

I don't know why you bothered PMing me Boncer, we all know I'm not going anywhere.

Good interview Haig, it's a pity the interviewee is a bit of a flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back