• Jack Billings

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
He's listed at over 6 foot but he isn't. He's a manlet.
Not sure what a "manlet" is, but I think you're wrong there. I watched the last quarter of our game from the weekend again tonight and when they were singing the song at the end he was next to Jack Sinclair, who is listed at 180cm and Billings was clearly taller than him by what looked like around 4cm and Shane Savage (listed at 185cm) was on his other side and they were almost identical heights, so I think the measurement (184cm) is right. He does look short at times, but I think he has sort of hunched shoulders which may make him appear shorter than he is.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Glad the thread shows how close it really is. It is bloody close. I reckon Billings will finish his career with better numbers, make of that what you will. Am surprised that he's ahead though on the poll.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I would take Bontempelli if given the choice.

Think Billings will be great but I just think Bontempelli will be able to take over games in the mold of Kouta.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Bont will get there one day. But until he can orchestrate a 55 point turnaround most peple are obviously going to vote Jack ahead of him.;)
For starters i hate polls like this.
Second, he did not orchestrate the comeback, the whole team did.
Third, just because he finally stepped up and made a great contribution does not mean all of a sudden he is better, by that logic Tory Dickson is better then Ballantyne and Walters, its doesn't work like that.

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bont is better now and the gap will only get larger.

Billings has only played 1 or two good games to date, so the jury is still out on him.

Can't see it to be honest Billings just has match winner written all over him.

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Third, just because he finally stepped up and made a great contribution does not mean all of a sudden he is better, by that logic Tory Dickson is better then Ballantyne and Walters, its doesn't work like that.

It does when that's why he went that high in the draft. Everything that was written about was that he had match winning abilities before he was drafted. Imagine what sort of games he will have when he matures but more importantly the team does.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Billings has only played 1 or two good games to date, so the jury is still out on him.
I think the fact he is averaging 21 disposals and over a goal a game this year, despite spending the great majority of the year in the forward line (in a team that doesn't have a lot of inside 50's) and having only really hit his straps in one quarter for the year, augurs well for when he's fitter, stronger and much more consistently in good form. He's missed plenty of goals he ought to kick in his sleep, too, so he could easily enough be averaging 21 possies and close to 2 goals a game, which would be very similar to say Chad Wingard so far this year.

Last edited:
Bont is better now and the gap will only get larger.

bender-laughing.gif

Mate I recommend you actually start watching Saints games instead of making baseless opinions on something you cant see.

Ricmel

Premium Platinum
Jul 13, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

You should learn to recognise a piss take of a piss take thread when you see it.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
You should learn to recognise a piss take of a piss take thread when you see it.
It wasn't though, i have seen serious people from the saints on here say because he kicked 3 last quarter goals, he is now in front regarding star quality......

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
It does when that's why he went that high in the draft. Everything that was written about was that he had match winning abilities before he was drafted. Imagine what sort of games he will have when he matures but more importantly the team does.
What has that got to do with anything that i just typed?...:eek:

Ricmel

Premium Platinum
Jul 13, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
It wasn't though, i have seen serious people from the saints on here say because he kicked 3 last quarter goals, he is now in front regarding star quality......

Well I think anyone who says either is better than the other is talking out their backside. They are two very different players with under 60 games between them.

View attachment 137614
Averages so far this year from same games played. Pretty tight.
Contested possessions 10.1 to 7.6 in favour of Bont.
Clearances 5.1 to 1.7 in favour of Bont.
Inside 50's 6.0 to 3.7 in favour of Bont.
Tackles 6.1 to 3.0 in favour of Bont.

Bont is leading convincingly in all major impact stats.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Contested possessions 10.1 to 7.6 in favour of Bont.
Clearances 5.1 to 1.7 in favour of Bont.
Inside 50's 6.0 to 3.7 in favour of Bont.
Tackles 6.1 to 3.0 in favour of Bont.

Bont is leading convincingly in all major impact stats.
If thats the way you choose to look at it.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
s**t thread.

The constant circle jerk over Bontempelli is just getting ridiculous.

Hmmm....

Josh Kennedy (Weagles), Dylan Shiel, Josh Kennedy (Swans), Nat Fyfe, Sam Mitchell, Luke Parker, Rory Sloane, Joel Selwood, The Bont have all had better seasons then Pendlebury so far in my opinion

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
I can't choose what the stats say.
Yes but you could easily say that Billings gets more of the ball, kicks more goals, has better disposal efficiency and takes more marks whilst spending less time on the ground. It's easy picking out just a few stats to back up your own argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back