Bontempelli v Billings

Who would you rather at your Club?

• Marcus Bontempelli

• Jack Billings

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can hang your hat on one quarter of Billings.
I can hang my hat on an entire season on Bontempelli - being younger than Billings - being an elite player in the competition, with more physical upside and development to Billings.

Yeah Billings has no physical development left in him your right.o_Oo_O

Yeah Billings has no physical development left in him your right.o_Oo_O
When did I ever state that Billings wouldn't physically develop?
I just said Bontempelli would do so more than Billings. The fact that he's four inches taller has something to do with that factor.

I just said Bontempelli would do so more than Billings. The fact that he's four inches taller has something to do with that factor.

And, your point is ?

Youd have the double chance.

So we were going to be awarded 8 points and an extra 12% for the game?

We win that game we would still be sixth. And St Kilda would be 6 points behind Melbourne instead of 2

You can hang your hat on one quarter of Billings.
I can hang my hat on an entire season on Bontempelli - being younger than Billings - being an elite player in the competition, with more physical upside and development to Billings.
image.jpg

Bont is obviously in front, but despite all the hype I don't really think there is a huge difference in them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

these stats point out what a culture we have of dumb stats that give little information about what really happens on a footy field

But what stat do you want to describe Billings elite footskills?

But what stat do you want to describe Billings elite footskills?
when you look at stats that assess positive and negative impact on games, these two are incomparable. Bont miles ahead

Whilst I agree stats can be over-rated, essentially you're disregarding some stats but believing others?
Im believing stats that take in more information, therefore higher quality

Just saw why Billings is rated over Bont. Billings is a match winner and would have nailed those goals Bont choked on.

Exactly. This is why everyone always states that Kouta was a better player than GAJ, because he is 4 inches taller... Or something like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back