Bontempelli v Billings

Who would you rather at your Club?

• Marcus Bontempelli

• Jack Billings

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Bontempelli's performance in the second half of this year finishing 13th on the player rankings you'd have to give it to Bontempelli for this year.

With bontempelli a little crocked to start the summer will billings close the gap in'16? Can see young Billings having a career much like Paul Hudson, and shares many traits with him.

Often with youngsters their improvement level coincides with a full preseason and so far Billings looks on track.

Going to be fun to watch these two this year as third year players now and expected to elevate their sides.

I have a hunch that if the bont can get on the track he could be a top 5 in the brownlow this year and give the dogs a shot at the flag.

With bontempelli a little crocked to start the summer will billings close the gap in'16? Can see young Billings having a career much like Paul Hudson, and shares many traits with him.

Often with youngsters their improvement level coincides with a full preseason and so far Billings looks on track.

Going to be fun to watch these two this year as third year players now and expected to elevate their sides.

I have a hunch that if the bont can get on the track he could be a top 5 in the brownlow this year and give the dogs a shot at the flag.
Billings looks on track?? He doesn't start full pre-season until after Christmas....?

Billings looks on track?? He doesn't start full pre-season until after Christmas....?
Sorry I thought I read in a training report that he was looking bulked up and was flying :rainbow:

That's good news that he will be back to full training soon though. Three months should be heaps to get him up to speed :thumbsu:

Correct. His elite ball use and goal sense makes him a match winner.

Because Bontempelli has never kicked the last two goals of the game to win it before. Oh wait, he did that as an 18 year old.

Combine that with several BOG performances in wins and weigh it up against one good game by Billings, who has done nothing outside of one game and spends more time in the recovery room

Because Bontempelli has never kicked the last two goals of the game to win it before. Oh wait, he did that as an 18 year old.

Combine that with several BOG performances in wins and weigh it up against one good game by Billings, who has done nothing outside of one game and spends more time in the recovery room

Like I said Billings elite foot skills and goal sense make him a match winner.

Haha, it must really suck living your life.

I do wonder if billings has that absolute elite level in him. I can see bontempelli as a top 10 player in the entire league but not really a Paul Hudson, Brett heady type like billings. Not that the saints would be unhappy with that outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do wonder if billings has that absolute elite level in him. I can see bontempelli as a top 10 player in the entire league but not really a Paul Hudson, Brett heady type like billings. Not that the saints would be unhappy with that outcome.

Billings will be good once he gets a clear run at it. Highly skilled player. TBH I can't see him matching the Bonts levels in the future though.

Billings definitely can reach that level. It's just his body, so far it's not consistently holding up to AFL level. There's a lot more question marks about billings, where everyone already knows Bontenpelli will be one of the top 5 players in the league within a few years.

Billings definitely can reach that level. It's just his body, so far it's not consistently holding up to AFL level. There's a lot more question marks about billings, where everyone already knows Bontenpelli will be one of the top 5 players in the league within a few years.
Both have pretty much had no pre seasons so far. Hopefully they can get back to full training soon because both teams need them to fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are guns.

I'll have Bont ahead of Billings at this stage, any un-biased supporter will tell you that.

Must admit it was really cool seeing Jack take the game by the scruff of the neck & win it for us, also missed a few shots in that game so could have easily scored 6 or 7 goals.

But I'm very happy with Jack's progress & look forward to see how both players fair in 2016 :thumbsu:

Btw ManOfClay do you think Bont will still play round 1? considering he hasn't started running yet due to his hip being cleaned out.

Good poll. Obviously I think the Bont is the answer here as he is a gun, Billings looks awesome though and could still end up the better player. But on form it has to be the Bont!

Bontempelli is well ahead of the other no-mark. Anyone saying anything else is clearly off their rocker. Collingwood wanted him but the Bulldogs got him ahead of us

Bontempelli is well ahead of the other no-mark. Anyone saying anything else is clearly off their rocker. Collingwood wanted him but the Bulldogs got him ahead of us

Collingwood also wanted Billings but he was always going 2-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back