Bumped Boo a Roo - Marketing Campaign for Swans vs Roos Rd 3 SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish people would stop this absolute BS about racial undertones, the fact that no other aboriginal player get booed shows that it is not racial, it is just a massive beat up.

I want someone who claims it is racial to provide some actual proof that it is, something, anything, because it isn't there and it is purely because the arrogant flog can't handle the fact he isn't liked.

So all indigenous players have to be booed before it's deemed racist?

Or is he being booed because people just don't like him and the way he goes about. He pulls out a 13 year old girl and gets her to front the media, yet when Eddie calls him King Kong there is nowhere near the same reaction.

The fact Goodes won't front the media to explain and answer any questions tells me that he isn't a leaders a-hole.
Just keep on digging...............you aren't somehow coming across as informed and rational here.

So I'm a bigot and a racist for booing a footballer... I can live with that. Better tell my aboriginal best mate that.
Oh for gods sake!!! Just because you have an aboriginal best mate does not make you immune to being racist or having racist views. Not saying you are or you do. However if you boo him because he pointed out the girl for satin. Something racist, or for speaking out against racism, or for speaking about aboriginal issues than..... Well I'm not going to say the obvious.

I booed him when he got the dodgy free against Swallow as did all around me on level 2, when he gave us the finger in 2010 and for other football reasons. But it fits the criteria I'm a racist. Dan Andrews and The media told us so.

I booed him when he got the dodgy free against Swallow as did all around me on level 2, when he gave us the finger in 2010 and for other football reasons. But it fits the criteria I'm a racist. Dan Andrews and The media told us so.
He has systematically been booed from start to finish of games this year and most of last, if you can't see the difference between that, and being booed or heckled for a single incident, then I simply don't know how to explain it to you.

It's amazing all the people that boo Goodes for past misdemeanors against North Melbourne, but a bloke named Jordan Lewis who has been suspended 7 times for hitting North blokes doesn't cop the same treatment.
Jordan Lewis is from Warrnambool, if people boo Jordan I would take it as a personal attack on all warrnamboolians and I for one will be offended.

So I'm a bigot and a racist for booing a footballer... I can live with that. Better tell my aboriginal best mate that.
U do realise i was reffering to Kev Andrews comments of if u- u are and not urself!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or is he being booed because people just don't like him and the way he goes about. He pulls out a 13 year old girl and gets her to front the media, yet when Eddie calls him King Kong there is nowhere near the same reaction.

The fact Goodes won't front the media to explain and answer any questions tells me that he isn't a leaders a-hole.

You do know that never happened, don't you? She didn't face the media, for a start. Second, he didn't pull her out of anywhere. He identified her as having said something unacceptable and racist towards him - oddly, not something that was necessary when Eddie Everywhere opened his big mouth.

Everything Goodes did after pointing out the racist call showed patience and empathy for the girl. Rewriting history to say otherwise is just looking for an excuse to treat him badly.

Finally, Goodes has fronted the media several times during this saga. Frankly, the way his words after the Collingwood incident, and after his AOTY comments, have been misquoted and lied about, I don't blame him for staying quiet. But I do agree that, if he decides he wants to be a public figure and political leader after football, he will need to face the music publicly.

The if you boo then you're racist argument has to be one of the most simple minded, idiotic accusations put forward in the history of mass debating. :stern look

What if you boo knowing full well there is a racial element and the target takes it as racially motivated? :stern look

The if you boo then you're racist argument has to be one of the most simple minded, idiotic accusations put forward in the history of mass debating. :stern look

I think it's been left in the shade by the monumentally lame assertion that 70 other Aboriginal footballers don't get booed so therefore it's okay to boo him as it couldn't possibly be racist.

I think it's pretty simple - if you don't boo Joel Selwood and Jordan Lewis every time they get near the ball in every game you attend from opening bounce to final siren, then your claims that you are booing him for football reasons are pretty suspect. And if you are honest enough to admit that you are booing him because you are uncomfortable with the way he has stood up to racism and you feel he should just shut up and play football like all the other good Aboriginal lads, then you need to look in the mirror.

PS. I am not directing this at you specifically Zondor as I'm not even convinced you have a mirror reflection.

Yes, I agree it's simplistic, but then again saying I only boo Goodes because he's a flopper etc. in very disingeneous at the least, but hey you got a like from Slax. I thought he slinked off back to his own board after being shown up earlier.

That's a load of crap, thumping.

If you booed him in response to a dodgy free, then you booed him in response to a dodgy free.

If you booed him for giving us the finger in 2010, then you booed him for giving us the finger in 2010.

Noone is suggesting there's anything racist in that. None. The issue is what is happening to Goodes now, not 5 years ago.

But if you booed him for the entire game when against us whenever he went near the ball the other week, as a fair chunk of our crowd (and I have no idea if you did or didn't) - well what the actual * was that about?

What if you boo knowing full well there is a racial element and the target takes it as racially motivated? :stern look
Well firstly I didn't "boo" Goodes when we played Sydney. I did laugh when others did because I found it idiotic. However I don't proclaim for a moment I know the true reason why people "booed" Goodes. I think to do so is being a touch presumptuous. As for the target believing the "boos" being racially motivated, it doesn't automatically mean they are. People can misinterpret. :stern look

But if you booed him for the entire game when against us whenever he went near the ball the other week, as a fair chunk of our crowd (and I have no idea if you did or didn't) - well what the actual **** was that about?

I was reading earlier where someone made reference to "our God-given right to boo" and even though my theology is a little rusty, I don't remember that one coming down Mount Sinai with Moses. Maybe one of the other prophets? At any rate, it does have echoes of the loony American sensibility that the right to gun-ownership is somehow granted by God. Either that or we have all contracted that terrible affliction known as entitlement, possibly due to our long-running sympathy with the most entitled group of football followers, the drug cheats from Tullamarine.

I hate booing overall, to be honest. I hate seeing Goodes booed while walking onto a football field to do his job. I also hate seeing people like Jarrad Waite and Heritier Lumumba booed for taking up a career opportunity when their previous employer wasn't meeting their needs.
Most of us are lucky enough to be able to go to work and make whatever statements we want in our personal lives without someone coming to our jobs and rudely harassing us because they don't like the way we go about our work, or they just perceive us as being sooks, w***ers or s*** people based on seeing us for a few hours a week. I know whenever I read ignorant media comments about people in my line of work, it makes me f***ing angry at the ignorance of these people who presume to know better than me about what I've trained for years to do, and I feel fortunate that for the most part, they don't turn up at work and try to put me off.

I know it'll never stop, but f***, I hate it.

That's a load of crap, thumping.

If you booed him in response to a dodgy free, then you booed him in response to a dodgy free.

If you booed him for giving us the finger in 2010, then you booed him for giving us the finger in 2010.

Noone is suggesting there's anything racist in that. None. The issue is what is happening to Goodes now, not 5 years ago.

But if you booed him for the entire game when against us whenever he went near the ball the other week, as a fair chunk of our crowd (and I have no idea if you did or didn't) - well what the actual **** was that about?

what about if you booed the dodgy decision (not Goodes), and then was told by some Sydney flog you should be ashamed of yourself? I was deeply offended that my right to boo an umpiring decision had been taken away from me, because the receiver of the free was aboriginal. But that is fine, if that is the way society sees it, but * me if one more person boos LT for dropping his knees and getting a free for high contact.

How stupid of me LT will never get a free again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back