Opinion Boogate - The Adam Goodes Saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I admit to not really paying attention to Australian history in school, how does a war dance differ from a celebration dance amongst our indigenous brothers?

I have not seen this 'incident' nor do I give a fudge about Goodes getting his grove on
Exactly the same as Goodes'.

sweet, I look forward to the bogan rage
See, Jetta is out of contract as well. So it'll be like "It's terrible, he should be ashamed of himself" but if they're linked to him "IT'S JUST A TRIBAL DANCE AND DOESN'T MATTER!!!1!"

I was critical of the goodes war cry timing, Jetta chose a much better time to do it.

Im not sure what anyone expected on the weekend, eagles fans are the biggest booers in the comp they only need a reason like "every one has been booing Goodes for a few months" for the lot of them to boo him.

“If you’re booing Adam Goodes I’ve got bad news for you,” Pridham told Fairfax Media. “You’re a racist.

s**t like this does my head in.
Their trying to use "you're a racist" card to deter people from the booing but the more the media/Adam sook about it, it's not going to stop until the diving, racist flog Goodes quit.
Power of the mob!

As I've previously posted the childish behaviour which is 'booing' has caused ripples in the footy industry. I am sick of hearing it at games and in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their trying to use "you're a racist" card to deter people from the booing but the more the media/Adam sook about it, it's not going to stop until the diving, racist flog Goodes quit.
Power of the mob!
This is what I hate.

Adam Goodes never complained. When asked after the Hawthorn game, he never said the crowd was racist. The only time he accused ANYONE of racism was when that 13 year old called him an ape.

Yet people have come up with this baseless, factless theory that he's complained about racism from the booing. That is 100% the media, and one of the onl thing they've done right for a long time.

I can't wait for Goodes to actually 'sook' about this. Will be so great to read the reactions.

So anyway, this is essentially how it goes:

The booing started due to essentially racist reasons

It's becoming a big issue because more and more people are dog piling on.

Those people are not necessarily racist, however they are almost certainly dickheads.

This is not the first time in history that a group of people have started picking on a smaller group of people, if not an individual person, and more people have joined in with the bigger group for no real reason except they're s**t people and they wanna look cool or feel like they belong or something.

So these s**t people who are booing Adam Goodes because some even shitter people started booing Adam Goodes because Adam Goodes called out a s**t person who racially abused him and Goodes got widespread praise for not being a s**t person should really think twice about booing Adam Goodes. because it makes you look like a s**t person siding with racist s**t people

It's disappointing that the leadership around the AFL on this matter has been so poor for so long (perhaps they stayed quiet at Goodes request? still) and when they're finally started talking about it, they kinda botched it.

This racism idea is a load of bullshit. There still is no racism in the booing of Goodes. Again, why is Goodes the only player in the league getting this booing?

This talking up of the "racial undertones" is just media propaganda to stop people booing the campaigner.

There was a time where Jack Riewoldt got booed, then he pulled his finger out and stopped acting like a childish dickhead, I daresay it would be the same for Goodes.

This racism idea is a load of bullshit. There still is no racism in the booing of Goodes. Again, why is Goodes the only player in the league getting this booing?

This talking up of the "racial undertones" is just media propaganda to stop people booing the campaigner.
That's pure naivety on your part. There is most definitely racist undertones in it.

Can you tell me when this booing started? After he called out a girl who racially vilified him.

The lack of reaction over Jetta's war dance speaks volumes as well.

There was a time where Jack Riewoldt got booed, then he pulled his finger out and stopped acting like a childish dickhead, I daresay it would be the same for Goodes.
Ok. And what does Goodes have to do?

keeping in mind of course, that you can't say "acting for free-kicks" and all the stuff you were probably going to say because Goodes wasnt booed in any particularly noteworthy way until he did this one thing in say mid 2013.....

Context is king. Goodes has become a political figure. Which other indigenous player has?

Everyone loves to misapply precedent (the thing is that it only applies when the pertinent facts are the same) and take all all of these ridiculous technical points to justify behaviour that is not important.

Last edited:

Rubbish. Racism is at the core of this. And the other 90% of dickheads who follow suit unwittingly provide cover for the 10% of scumbags.

That's pure naivety on your part. There is most definitely racist undertones in it.

Can you tell me when this booing started? After he called out a girl who racially vilified him.

The lack of reaction over Jetta's war dance speaks volumes as well.

You don't have the right to boo Goodes for his 'token' Australian or the year appointment, his calling out someone racially vilifying him and/or his comments post his appointment and claim that you're not racist. It's simple, if you think this way you just don't understand racism.

Rubbish. Racism is at the core of this. And the other 90% of dickheads who follow suit unwittingly provide cover for the 10% of scumbags.

Do you really think it is only 10%. The saving grace for the 50% of the 90% you are referring to is that they don't understand that they are being racist.

Mark Allen was leading the charge on SEN this evening (see my previous post).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back