Opinion Boogate - The Adam Goodes Saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didnt start when he stood up for himself though where are you pulling that from. Why werent we talking about this booing years ago. Because it wasnt happening!

Secondly. I havent even brought up australian of the year or shane warne once so dont go changing the point of view to something more to your preference. In fact i have no quarrel with him being awarded AOY! Its a tremendous honor and he has been a tremendous person for his work over the years to help with the aboriginal and non aboriginal communities so lets just end that there.

I don't appreciate you criticising me when we barely even touched on anything that you've brought up. Its all out of left field. So if anyone needs to find the point, its you.

----

In general

The aboriginal community does not revolve entirely through 1 man. So there cannot be a legitimate racial undertone to any of this.

And to he branded as one for my actions without proper knowledge of my reasons or personal beliefs and morals. is actually quite insulting to me personally because it is an attack on your core as a person.

You're doing it again. Ignoring context at every opportunity.

It doesn't matter that you did not mention the Australian of the Year Award. Whatever view you take of the public view of Goodes before the narrative changed after that point.

Maybe the sanctimonious prick should not have done that interview with Damien Barrett and accused our players of copping their right whack. For me that was when he overstepped the mark and I couldn't care less about what happens to him now.

Unfortunately I'll be labelled as racist if I Boo him for that and those dodgy free's he's staged for in most of our games over the last 5 years.

Maybe the sanctimonious prick should not have done that interview with Damien Barrett and accused our players of copping their right whack. For me that was when he overstepped the mark and I couldn't care less about what happens to him now.

Unfortunately I'll be labelled as racist if I Boo him for that and those dodgy free's he's staged for in most of our games over the last 5 years.

kelvin, I know it's tough, a real tragedy that you can't go to boo Goodes but the reality is that the supporters for the 16 other clubs do not have the excuse.

kelvin, I know it's tough, a real tragedy that you can't go to boo Goodes but the reality is that the supporters for the 16 other clubs do not have the excuse.

Unfortunately thats the truth and it may have stepped over the mark. I've always stated there's a racist element in Australian society and people have been ignoring it for too long.

Goodes is not the right person to educate people. He's too polarising in his views.

I was absolutely livid when I heard that interview. If we had stronger leadership someone should have come out and blasted the prick.

Unfortunately thats the truth and it may have stepped over the mark. I've always stated there's a racist element in Australian society and people have been ignoring it for too long.

Goodes is not the right person to educate people. He's too polarising in his views.

I was absolutely livid when I heard that interview. If we had stronger leadership someone should have come out and blasted the prick.
Why is he not the right person exactly? Explain what he's said that's so "polarising".

Also your attempt to link his comments about Essendon to this whole issue is frankly pathetic. You and we are not the victim here in any way.

It would be nice if Goodes could be booed on his merits like any other player. For example kangaroos fans earlier this year wanted to lynch Hodge and Lewis after their hits on swallow and Goldstein. Booing is a part of the game in the right circumstance. Initially I believe Goodes was booed on his merits (long before the 13yo girl incident or Aus of year award) as he has been a controversial player often reported and staging. Booing week after week is going too far (like with Watson). Let's hope Goodes is back next week, the slate is wiped clean and the crowd refrains from booing unless he whacks a bloke or blatantly stages for a free kick. If he commits either of those two actions then he should be treated like every other player - that's simple equality.

I actually like the tribal dance celebrations from Goodes and Jetta. It shows character and the game has become stale (since the days of Brereton, duckworth, Jacko, capper, jakovich).

Your comments pretty much cover the issue for me & I agree that, as far as I recall, the booing started because of his on-field actions, but that means little now that it has morphed into whatever tf it is now. & whatever it is now, no one deserves that week after week.

I reckon Cat's fans will tone it down next week if Goodes plays, but it would appear to be a big 'if' at this stage.

Hmmm.... perhaps we have it all wrong. Could it be that it is the media outlets and people calling others racist that are in fact racist? What's the old the old saying it takes one to know one!

AFL is soooooo boring these days and irrelevant. Go down to your local league. Support grass roots footy and enjoy the game again. I have and I don't regret it.

At best it is extreme cultural insensitivity propagated by bullies and supported by brainless members of a herd. But it's also racist because everything about the response to Goodes grew on his recent actions based on his pride for his race.

There will be individuals who would boo him with absolutely no racist sentiment, however, on a general, collective level, this reaction has grown on the back of race perspectives.

Hmmm.... perhaps we have it all wrong. Could it be that it is the media outlets and people calling others racist that are in fact racist? What's the old the old saying it takes one to know one!

AFL is soooooo boring these days and irrelevant. Go down to your local league. Support grass roots footy and enjoy the game again. I have and I don't regret it.
So what you're saying is all the Indigenous players are racists?

War dance was an act of subversion given his already privelegded platform to express his views as Australian of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is he not the right person exactly? Explain what he's said that's so "polarising".

Also your attempt to link his comments about Essendon to this whole issue is frankly pathetic. You and we are not the victim here in any way.

Let me spell it out for you. I consider Goodes in the same camp as Caroline Wilson, Patrick Smith, Damien Barrett and the others. To me they are all a bunch of campaigners and aren't worth the time of day. I have no empathy or sympathy for any of them.

To me he's a guy earning 1m a year getting boo'd on the field. I've barely paid any attention to it and hardly read an article in relation to it. Every journo and media commentator has weighed in so its hard to miss.

For whatever reason, racism and a number of other factors, people do not like him.

That's pure naivety on your part. There is most definitely racist undertones in it.

Can you tell me when this booing started? After he called out a girl who racially vilified him.

The lack of reaction over Jetta's war dance speaks volumes as well.
Wow

So how did you feel when he charged towards the Essendon cheer squad after kicking the winning goal last year?

Don't even remember it. Not even sure what your point is in asking and really don't care tbh.

My point was players, all players, should not be engaging with or inciting opposition supporters. It's a slippery slope from there to Johnny ******* and his mates jumping the fence to go on with it to this..

azteca.jpg

Don't even remember it. Not even sure what your point is in asking and really don't care tbh.
So you're so opposed to players inciting opposition fans, yet you don't even remember an incident involving your own club and your own fans being incited.

So you're so opposed to players inciting opposition fans, yet you don't even remember an incident involving your own club and your own fans being incited.

There is nothing inherently contradictory in this. You don't have to remember every instance of something occuring to think that it is undesirable.

You know. There is a chance he didn't see it.

There is nothing inherently contradictory in this. You don't have to remember every instance of something occuring to think that it is undesirable.
If he was so opposed to it though, he'd remember it. The fact he doesn't says maybe it's not always so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back