Booing of Adam Goodes (revisited after our Apology Ceremony)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are hanging our president because he regretted "one" thing he said in all his life????

Get a grip move on......it was a very average what Goodes did! Just my opinion.
Just my opinion that he should be careful given his history with Goodes...by no means hanging him - pretty sure what Goodes did pales in comparison to what Eddie said either way

Also, if I were Eddie I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be portraying the war dance as a 'bad look'

(I agree re: Eddie, he does have to watch his tongue at times)... but, on the channel 7 telecast, Bruce, Commetti and Lingy were all saying the same thing... I think commetti almost said that exact same thing ("bad look") and their overall discussion was that - look it is clearly important to Goodes, and he is allowed to celebrate a goal, and that looked very planned (whether that's good or bad is up to the individual), but you need to think about what you're doing out there, and that he probably shouldn't have been done in front of the opposition fans. In fact Commetti also said something like "well thats definately not gonna stop the boos".

That pretty much sums up my view as well.
Can't fault Goodes for having that sort of passion, but that celebration was done to do nothing but incite the opposition fans. You can't do that and then also complain about booing.

The reaction to the celebration ells me the booing may be more about race than I first thought...

I think he's a dick head and don't like his playing for free's and dirty play but I have no problem with his celebration although maybe shouldn't have been directed at opposition fans. It is indigenous round after all.

I understand your point of view. I just think that it has got to a point in this country where provocative gestures are needed.

When he started the dance I liked what he was doing, and I don't just mean the dance but the message he was sending, but as it progressed and could see what his intentions were I felt he had overstepped the mark. Like I said he would have had more effect and had almost zero backlash if he had gone towards his cheer squad.

When he started the dance I liked what he was doing, and I don't just mean the dance but the message he was sending, but as it progressed and could see what his intentions were I felt he had overstepped the mark. Like I said he would have had more effect and had almost zero backlash if he had gone towards his cheer squad.
Spot on.
He intended to incite.
2-3 weeks I reckon.

Oh shite, I forgot, he's not a Collingwood player.

When he started the dance I liked what he was doing but as it progressed and could see what his intentions were I felt he had overstepped the mark. Like I said he would have had more effect and had almost zero backlash if he had gone towards his cheer squad.

Maybe so. It seems that he was pissed off at the Carlton supporters. Maybe it is a cumulative effect of all the booing or it could be something he heard. I guess we will find out soon. At the very least people are talking about reconciliation which can't be a bad thing.

(I agree re: Eddie, he does have to watch his tongue at times)... but, on the channel 7 telecast, Bruce, Commetti and Lingy were all saying the same thing... I think commetti almost said that exact same thing ("bad look") and their overall discussion was that - look it is clearly important to Goodes, and he is allowed to celebrate a goal, and that looked very planned (whether that's good or bad is up to the individual), but you need to think about what you're doing out there, and that he probably shouldn't have been done in front of the opposition fans. In fact Commetti also said something like "well thats definately not gonna stop the boos".

That pretty much sums up my view as well.
Can't fault Goodes for having that sort of passion, but that celebration was done to do nothing but incite the opposition fans. You can't do that and then also complain about booing.
Yep heard the others too, just got a bit worried when Eddie started to weigh in on it.

Maybe so. It seems that he was pissed off at the Carlton supporters. Maybe it is a cumulative effect of all the booing or it could be something he heard. I guess we will find out soon. At the very least people are talking about reconciliation which can't be a bad thing.

It looked premeditated to me

He kicks a football for a living FFS!

Unless the Blues Supporters said something racist against him then I can't condone that performance!
Just my opinion that he should be careful given his history with Goodes...by no means hanging him - pretty sure what Goodes did pales in comparison to what Eddie said either way

What Goodes did is as average as the hand Stands Jacko used to do! Remember him!

They kick a football for a living for F...S sake....they should stick to what they do best.

Goodes is a gun......what he did was rubbish! Can't believe I am defending Carlton supporters!

The reaction to the celebration ells me the booing may be more about race than I first thought...

I think he's a dick head and don't like his playing for free's and dirty play but I have no problem with his celebration although maybe shouldn't have been directed at opposition fans. It is indigenous round after all.
No. If the booing had little to do with racism, Goodes has now made it all about race. I like the dance, by all means do it as pregame ritual but he has directed it towards the Carlton crowd.
I'm interested to see his explanation for it.

It looked premeditated to me

Well he would have had to learn the moves. Whether he did that to use during a game is something that only he would know. In the end it doesn't matter that much.

A mixture of:
- tall poppy syndrome
- some Heritier Lumumba type hate/jealousy (dislike of preachy intellectual rhetoric)
- arrogance?
- his treatment of a 12/13 year old girl
- his demeanour on the footy field

I'm not a big fan...but he's a bloody good footballer (or was).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He kicks a football for a living FFS!

Unless the Blues Supporters said something racist against him then I can't condone that performance!

What Goodes did is as average as the hand Stands Jacko used to do! Remember him!

They kick a football for a living for F...S sake....they should stick to what they do best.

Goodes is a gun......what he did was rubbish! Can't believe I am defending Carlton supporters!

Big difference, mark jackson was funny

Exactly - what's your problem haha!

If you think that was a good look then all the more power to you.

But if a Collingwood player "puts" on a performance like that on Sunday I'll be on here on Sunday night to call them a D.....d.

P.S That's my problem thanks for asking.

If you think that was a good look then all the more power to you.

But if a Collingwood player "puts" on a performance like that on Sunday I'll be on here on Sunday night to call them a D.....d.

P.S That's my problem thanks for asking.
I don't necessarily think its a good look however I can understand something like that happening in the heat of the moment given his history of racial abuse by people in the crowd.

Really poor from Goodes. He is actively instigating the the booing.
Premeditated stage managed theatrical performance. Pathetic.
Piss poor commentating too.
I won't be listening to word from Goodes anymore. they best get a new front man. Someone with integrity and slightly less self obsession.
Really pissed off, he basically hi-jacked a celebratory round for his own personal promotion.

Really poor from Goodes. He is actively instigating the the booing.
Premeditated stage managed theatrical performance. Pathetic.
Piss poor commentating too.
I won't be listening to word from Goodes anymore. they best get a new front man. Someone with integrity and slightly less self obsession.
Really pissed off, he basically hi-jacked a celebratory round for his own personal promotion.

They

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back