Booing of Adam Goodes (revisited after our Apology Ceremony)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can't understand, is why white people try to understand what it's like to be black in a white society. We don't understand and never will because we won't walk in their shoes.
I wonder how goals of making something of yourself in society would differ if you disliked the society you we're placed in, or at least had negative feelings about how you, and other family memebers in the past have been treated by this society. I haven't a clue how I would feel, because I am white and this is my society.

The footy show is the biggest waste of time ever. Complete mindless drivel. Not sure why anyone watches it anymore.

I don’t watch that but I was talking all footy shows like 360 and Footy Classfieds

By doing what?
Chucking an imaginary spear?
Let's face it, AFL players have been fined for flipping the bird at spectators.
But he has pretended to throw an instrument of death at the paying public and the media, the AFL, have celebrated it.
They have, rightly, decided that it is no different to the All Blacks Haka. But they have missed the important points of the Haka being performed pre game and at their direct on field opponents. Not the paying public.
I find it astounding that there is this pre determined assumption that booing a player, a specific player, has a different meaning because of the specific player.
It is 1984 revisited.
They read our minds and act.
Just one spectator who is ejected for booing should take this to court and reveal the injustice of this.
Don't mistake my intentions. The WC spectator that was ejected for his remarks rightly stands accused.
But booing?
It's a joke that the PC amongst us want to use to have their 15 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he has pretended to throw an instrument of death at the paying public and the media, the AFL, have celebrated it.
They have, rightly, decided that it is no different to the All Blacks Haka. But they have missed the important points of the Haka being performed pre game and at their direct on field opponents. Not the paying public.
I find it astounding that there is this pre determined assumption that booing a player, a specific player, has a different meaning because of the specific player.
It is 1984 revisited.
Just one spectator who is ejected for booing should take this to court and reveal the injustice of this.
Don't mistake my intentions. The WC spectator that was ejected for his remarks rightly stands accused.
But booing?

Are you scared of imaginary things?

It is 1984 revisited.
But booing?

If Travis Varcoe had done the spear dance, would he have been booed for weeks after? I don't think so.

IMHO the spear dance was merely a catalyst.

It is 1984 revisited.
But booing?

I missed that part of 1984 where the spectre of Big Brother was used to stop the population from bullying a football player. Really was a multi-dimensional book; must give it another read.

If Orwell's book resonates with the Goodes situation in any way, then in my opinion it would have to be the way in which the treatment of Goodes resembles the two minutes of hate.

I missed that part of 1984 where the spectre of Big Brother was used to stop the population from bullying a football player. Really was a multi-dimensional book; must give it another read.

If Orwell's book resonates with the Goodes situation in any way, then in my opinion it would have to be the way in which the treatment of Goodes resembles the two minutes of hate.

Perhaps Goodes is trying to control the past in order to control the future.

If Travis Varcoe had done the spear dance, would he have been booed for weeks after? I don't think so.

IMHO the spear dance was merely a catalyst.
I agree.
Which would tend to lend credence to the concept the booing of Goodes is not predominantly racial at all, but has to do with Goodes the individual and some other aspect of his persona.

Just watch every Footy Show for the last month or so

Nah Dave, that's a cop out. You said 'he called us all racists' so give me the quote/clip which backs that up. I haven't seen one clip to back that up.

How would you feel if I said you were a rapist but didn't bother to back it up?

Last edited:
Nah Dave, that's a cop out. You said 'he called us all racists' so give me the quote/clip which backs that up. I haven't seen one clip to back that up.

How would you feel if I said you were a rapist but didn't bother to back it up?

Well. In his Interviews he always says how the Booing is Effecting Him.

Call me a Rapist would get you a Permeant Ban on Here and possible of more

Well. In his Interviews he always says how the Booing is Effecting Him.

Call me a Rapist would get you a Permeant Ban on Here and possible of more

Yeah, so Goodes talked about how it affected him. What I asked you to do is back up your claim that 'he called us racists'. So basically what you've got is nothing, in which case you should retract that nonsense or admit you were wrong.

I didn't call you a rapist Dave. What I said was how would you feel if someone accused you of something shithouse and didn't bother to back that claim up. You'd be angry, as you evidently are, if someone slagged you off with no proof to that claim.

Yeah, so Goodes talked about how it affected him. What I asked you to do is back up your claim that 'he called us racists'. So basically what you've got is nothing, in which case you should retract that nonsense or admit you were wrong.

I didn't call you a rapist Dave. What I said was how would you feel if someone accused you of something shithouse and didn't bother to back that claim up. You'd be angry, as you evidently are, if someone slagged you off with no proof to that claim.

Good Point and Actually looking back on it. Goodes has only called that 13 Year Old Girl a Racist. Though Goodes has not said anything Publicly you can tell what he means when he says he is Upset with the Booing.

Been just about everyone else in the AFL Industry that has called Fans Racists

Good Point and Actually looking back on it. Goodes has only called that 13 Year Old Girl a Racist. Though Goodes has not said anything Publicly you can tell what he means when he says he is Upset with the Booing.

Been just about everyone else in the AFL Industry that has called Fans Racists

I know we've been called rednecks Dave and I think we should prove otherwise. We want to attract all races of players that are best and also as broader a group of supporters as we can.

If you want to know what Goodes said after the 13 year old girl incident, read this. Very far from attacking her.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-25/goodes-gutted-but-places-no-blame/4712772

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back