Booing of Adam Goodes (revisited after our Apology Ceremony)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was really quite bizarre I had about 20 of them having a go at me at one point.
Funny thing happened when the main guy who had a go at me came up to me at half time, shook my hand and said he was talking the guy behind me.
That was crap 'cos they were all Swans supporters behind me and he and I made eye contact.
Not saying I intimidated him just, he might've realised by my "passionate defence" that I was innocent.
Sounds like he was just a PC hero, but well done for not submitting to f**king morons around you

Sounds like he was just a PC hero, but well done for not submitting to f**king morons around you

Way to go Freedom Fighter.

I'll take Old Spice's approach in future (if we ever do see Goodes play us in Melbourne again).

I'm leavin' this thread for good (hopefully it will wither on the vine), and leave the final words to Horse, quoted from Andrew Wu's article

"I didn't see it, I'm not interested in talking about it," Longmire said.

Way to go Freedom Fighter.

I'll take Old Spice's approach in future (if we ever do see Goodes play us in Melbourne again).

I'm leavin' this thread for good (hopefully it will wither on the vine), and leave the final words to Horse, quoted from Andrew Wu's article

"I didn't see it, I'm not interested in talking about it," Longmire said.
Ok, cool bruh

Back in the day in Scotland the rangers recruited a man of colour, the first ever for that club

On debut they greeted him (their own player) by hurling bananas onto the ground

We have some work to do but we aint the worst by far

I know people won't see the connection but I'm amazed how people are so adamant that they wont be told to do something as trivial as not booing, but they will be led off to wars like sheep or are generally apathetic about dozens of more more important things. I hate being told what to do but there are times where I'll walk away when it doesnt matter much to me. At this point in time, I'm more likely to be yawning at Goodes than anything else.

Sorry to be bumping this thread after it finally drifted off the front page, but thought this was an interesting take by Andrew Bolt of all people. Basically calling out the AFL as hypocrites and racists for citing Dustin Martin and his 2 finger salute on the grounds it incites the crowd. Also drags similar acts by others and also Mark Williams' shotgun celebration into it and compares them all to Goodes' spear.

http://www.news.com.au/national/afl...500087217?sv=43ae79a5a51d0df5a5af3cc78862239d

Andrew Bolt Herald Sun said:
THE AFL has been speared by Richmond star Dustin Martin as a hypocrite. And so scared to seem racist that it’s, well, racist.

The AFL’s match review committee this week referred Martin to the football operations department for “making a gesture to the crowd” at the Collingwood game — to wit, giving the two fingers.

Maybe related to Caro or is that a long bow to draw?
himZD0M.gif

Andrew Bolt is more concerned with his perceived one man crusade against the horde of lefties that he sees as setting the agenda on social issues.

It seems to me that he would like to ban the Haka because it shows a bunch of Kiwis itching for war.

If Dustin Martin puts his two fingers up in front of me, there is no confusion about what he is saying. It has nothing to do with any expression of personal pride in anything. It is clear and simple message.

If Goodes does a little dance, it might say a lot of what he thinks about me, but it says just as much about how he views himself in the scheme of things. In other words, it might say "im at war with you" but it also says "i'm not going anywhere". It's more complex and a lot more closer to the Haka than a simple two finger salute.

Personally, I couldnt care less if Dustin stuffs his two fingers up his you-know-where. I'm amazed that people get so sensitive about these things but seem to take bombing of civilians etc as an ordinary part of the everyday world. Who cares if our gov't does business with world leaders who gas their populations but I'll march in the streets if the AFL allows Dustin to raise his two fingers.

btw. anyone with a haircut like Dustin should not be held responsible for schoolyard behaviour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Bolt is more concerned with his perceived one man crusade against the horde of lefties that he sees as setting the agenda on social issues.

It seems to me that he would like to ban the Haka because it shows a bunch of Kiwis itching for war.

If Dustin Martin puts his two fingers up in front of me, there is no confusion about what he is saying. It has nothing to do with any expression of personal pride in anything. It is clear and simple message.

If Goodes does a little dance, it might say a lot of what he thinks about me, but it says just as much about how he views himself in the scheme of things. In other words, it might say "im at war with you" but it also says "i'm not going anywhere". It's more complex and a lot more closer to the Haka than a simple two finger salute.

Personally, I couldnt care less if Dustin stuffs his two fingers up his you-know-where. I'm amazed that people get so sensitive about these things but seem to take bombing of civilians etc as an ordinary part of the everyday world. Who cares if our gov't does business with world leaders who gas their populations but I'll march in the streets if the AFL allows Dustin to raise his two fingers.

btw. anyone with a haircut like Dustin should not be held responsible for schoolyard behaviour.

Bolt held onto his union dues like a crab, I hear. The ultimate man for himself who then preaches to others about society. The man alone in the lunch room lays down social norms, LOL.

Bolt held onto his union dues like a crab, I hear. The ultimate man for himself who then preaches to others about society. The man alone in the lunch room lays down social norms, LOL.

I don't entirely disagree with his view that the left has tended to dominate on social issues, just as the right has set the agenda on economic issues. However, he seems to spend his whole time critiquing left people and views...trying to find contradictions and display them to the world ...as if its a school debate. Point scoring. Yeh the ABC might be a little leftist, but Murdoch owns the rest of the media and some balance is needed. As I think you indicate, the right's view of the world as a pack of individuals is just as stuffed. I love it when conservatives tell me that they think people should either sink or swim in the world, but then they want to shove religion and nationalism down my throat.....s'orf....

but i'd prefer to have a beer with bolt than alan jones.... not that there's anything wrong with men like alan as they say in seinfeld

I don't entirely disagree with his view that the left has tended to dominate on social issues, just as the right has set the agenda on economic issues. However, he seems to spend his whole time critiquing left people and views...trying to find contradictions and display them to the world ...as if its a school debate. Point scoring. Yeh the ABC might be a little leftist, but Murdoch owns the rest of the media and some balance is needed. As I think you indicate, the right's view of the world as a pack of individuals is just as stuffed. I love it when conservatives tell me that they think people should either sink or swim in the world, but then they want to shove religion and nationalism down my throat.....s'orf....

but i'd prefer to have a beer with bolt than alan jones.... not that there's anything wrong with men like alan as they say in seinfeld

Pfff. Murdoch is a ******** without peer. The idea that the Labor Party can't manage the economy is the most wild s**t you could hope to hear. It's really an outrage. You look at govt spending, GDP/debt levels, infrastructure spending, disinvestment in future industries. The guy is a wrecker of the highest magnitude.

While Bolt is a an old campaigner in this he is correct. The AFL and Goodes were always trying to have it both ways. It boiled down to "My actions mean what I say they mean, your actions mean what I say they mean." At which point the media climbed over each other to be " more not racist than you, you racist".

To which most people rightly responded

CaoxMwI.gif

While Bolt is a an old campaigner in this he is correct. The AFL and Goodes were always trying to have it both ways. It boiled down to "My actions mean what I say they mean, your actions mean what I say they mean." At which point the media climbed over each other to be " more not racist than you, you racist".

To which most people rightly responded

well if you mean "respond" as in continue to boo Goodes when it was clear that booing was seen as racially motivated, then I would not say that these people actually acted "rightly". I think by that stage that by booing, people were putting themselves into a particular category. It didnt need the lefties to do it. Also by comparing Goodes little dance to systemic booing and calling them equal actions, I would argue that goodes haters must have been either trying to kid themselves or the public. The problem in these public debates that opinion leaders like Bolt and Allan Jones - and the AFL on the other side to some degree - pick up on and highlight things that help them win their goal of winning public opinion.... and not to get to the correct solution. An example is the little dance that was blown up by Bolt and Jones as being aggressive and intimidatory..... which is absolute bullshit. I laughed when I heard these guys say that they were intimidated. You have got to be joking. If the AFL faked a little in order to support Goodes, it had nothing on what Bolt and Jones did. I had this mental picture of Jones hiding in the closet...oh wait let me rephrase that.

well if you mean "respond" as in continue to boo Goodes when it was clear that booing was seen as racially motivated, then I would not say that these people actually acted "rightly". I think by that stage that by booing, people were putting themselves into a particular category. It didnt need the lefties to do it. Also by comparing Goodes little dance to systemic booing and calling them equal actions, I would argue that goodes haters must have been either trying to kid themselves or the public. The problem in these public debates that opinion leaders like Bolt and Allan Jones - and the AFL on the other side to some degree - pick up on and highlight things that help them win their goal of winning public opinion.... and not to get to the correct solution. An example is the little dance that was blown up by Bolt and Jones as being aggressive and intimidatory..... which is absolute bullshit. I laughed when I heard these guys say that they were intimidated. You have got to be joking. If the AFL faked a little in order to support Goodes, it had nothing on what Bolt and Jones did. I had this mental picture of Jones hiding in the closet...oh wait let me rephrase that.

Your post is exactly the contradiction that pisses people off.

If Goodes can say I am offended by this it must stop then anyone else should be given equal privilege to say Goodes offended them and it must stop. You absolutely cannot have it both ways. Unless you're a racist, right?

The funny thing is a war dance is designed specifically to antagonise and intimidate, it was performed deliberately at a specific section of the crowd. The worst part being it was such a massive flog thing to do after he kicked a nothing goal in a game that was already over. He should have been booed into retirement for being a tool. Instead he pulled the race card and sulked about it making him deserving of even more derision.

Meme Goodes misused a misappropriation of Aboriginal culture to make indigenous round about himself again and used the race card to excuse his actions.

Then you make silly homophobic jibes, Jones' views are generally extreme to the point of stupidity so don't really require offending other people to refute.

My view is everyone should harden up but the AFL has little choice but to fine players for interacting negatively with the crowd - unfortunately they aren't brave enough and confident in their own beliefs to rise above the racial aspects and apply their rulings consistently.

Your post is exactly the contradiction that pisses people off.

If Goodes can say I am offended by this it must stop then anyone else should be given equal privilege to say Goodes offended them and it must stop. You absolutely cannot have it both ways. Unless you're a racist, right?

The funny thing is a war dance is designed specifically to antagonise and intimidate, it was performed deliberately at a specific section of the crowd. The worst part being it was such a massive flog thing to do after he kicked a nothing goal in a game that was already over. He should have been booed into retirement for being a tool. Instead he pulled the race card and sulked about it making him deserving of even more derision.

Meme Goodes misused a misappropriation of Aboriginal culture to make indigenous round about himself again and used the race card to excuse his actions.

Then you make silly homophobic jibes, Jones' views are generally extreme to the point of stupidity so don't really require offending other people to refute.

My view is everyone should harden up but the AFL has little choice but to fine players for interacting negatively with the crowd - unfortunately they aren't brave enough and confident in their own beliefs to rise above the racial aspects and apply their rulings consistently.

interesting that you brand me with homophobic ... I suppose I can call you a racist in response ... For your information, I don't like Alan Jones ... it has nothing to do with him being homosexual. It is about the man. You could say it's similar to your opinion of Adam Goodes.

as for goodes little dance, whatever its design, I wonder if you would feel as intimidated by it as much as being booed by 10000 people every time you went near the ball.

as for my post pissing "people" off, we're talking about you aren't we?

interesting that you brand me with homophobic ... I suppose I can call you a racist in response ... For your information, I don't like Alan Jones ... it has nothing to do with him being homosexual. It is about the man. You could say it's similar to your opinion of Adam Goodes.

as for goodes little dance, whatever its design, I wonder if you would feel as intimidated by it as much as being booed by 10000 people every time you went near the ball.

as for my post pissing "people" off, we're talking about you aren't we?

I've already been labelled a racist so that matters little, I was expressing surprise that you would include homophobic jibes not that you ARE homophobic which is really a catch all. I doubt you hide in the closet at the sight of a rainbow flag.

See, not liking Alan Jones doesn't make you racist against public toilet dwellers, you might really like George Michael. ;) Nor does it make you homophobic.

Pay me $600,000 a year to run around and you can boo me all you want, call me whatever you like, you can call me Susan if it makes you happy.

I've already been labelled a racist so that matters little, I was expressing surprise that you would include homophobic jibes not that you ARE homophobic which is really a catch all. I doubt you hide in the closet at the sight of a rainbow flag.

See, not liking Alan Jones doesn't make you racist against public toilet dwellers, you might really like George Michael. ;) Nor does it make you homophobic.

Pay me $600,000 a year to run around and you can boo me all you want, call me whatever you like, you can call me Susan if it makes you happy.

Hi Susan. Come here often?

Hi Susan. Come here often?
As a primary school teacher you must have an extremely generous non-teaching load. Either that or you pound out your posts on a laptop perched on your desk while the kids think you are busy entering notes on their academic performance. Many times I have noted the time of day, the day of the week and the timing of school holidays, and wondered how you are able to post so prolifically given the responsibilities of your chosen career. You do seem to have comfortably organized your work and leisure around your bigfooty activities. ;):thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back