Booing of Adam Goodes (revisited after our Apology Ceremony)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a primary school teacher you must have an extremely generous non-teaching load. Either that or you pound out your posts on a laptop perched on your desk while the kids think you are busy entering notes on their academic performance. Many times I have noted the time of day, the day of the week and the timing of school holidays, and wondered how you are able to post so prolifically given the responsibilities of your chosen career. You do seem to have comfortably organized your work and leisure around your bigfooty activities. ;):thumbsu:

I'm actually off work at the moment.

I've already been labelled a racist so that matters little, I was expressing surprise that you would include homophobic jibes not that you ARE homophobic which is really a catch all. I doubt you hide in the closet at the sight of a rainbow flag.

See, not liking Alan Jones doesn't make you racist against public toilet dwellers, you might really like George Michael. ;) Nor does it make you homophobic.

Pay me $600,000 a year to run around and you can boo me all you want, call me whatever you like, you can call me Susan if it makes you happy.

well I must apologise if I called you racist in an earlier post.... I don't tend to indulge in such name-calling. Considering your post, I think we can both agree that your comments about Goodes are racist, although no one should be calling you a racist.

I'm posting in class right now rebel
tumblr_mtt0bmFOTZ1qjetuoo1_500_zps6eaaf97a.jpg

well I must apologise if I called you racist in an earlier post.... I don't tend to indulge in such name-calling. Considering your post, I think we can both agree that your comments about Goodes are racist, although no one should be calling you a racist.

b65503804525924d60e309c6b8109543.300x200x1_zpsxvc2vds8.jpg

interesting that you brand me with homophobic ... I suppose I can call you a racist in response ... For your information, I don't like Alan Jones ... it has nothing to do with him being homosexual. It is about the man. You could say it's similar to your opinion of Adam Goodes.

as for goodes little dance, whatever its design, I wonder if you would feel as intimidated by it as much as being booed by 10000 people every time you went near the ball.

as for my post pissing "people" off, we're talking about you aren't we?

It pissed me off Mark so I guess we're talking about me too. This is a classic example of double standards. The issue is about inciting the crowd and should not be about race. Both actions were likely to incite the crowd and it frustrates the hell out of me why some people can hide behind a race card when others can't. Classic discrimination.

It pissed me off Mark so I guess we're talking about me too. This is a classic example of double standards. The issue is about inciting the crowd and should not be about race. Both actions were likely to incite the crowd and it frustrates the hell out of me why some people can hide behind a race card when others can't. Classic discrimination.

well when i'm thinking of cases of classic discrimination, I tend to think of forcing people to pick cotton for nothing...or taking kids away from their parents because of their ethnicity.... so maybe we have different definitions of classic.

personally, i wouldnt have blamed goodes for sticking his fingers up at the crowds. They declared war on him. I see no problem with players showing a bit of fight. I remember thinking at the time that the little war dance was a smart way to make a point on indigenous round. Once again, I see a difference between something that is similar to the haka and some guy with a bad haircut demonstrating how he left school when he was 10.

If I was in charge of promoting the game, I could make a fist of explaining the little war dance to overseas markets, but the only defence with Martin is that he got a frontal lobotomy during the off season.

As I said to the other bloke making this point, I wouldnt call anyone a racist on the strength of booing adam goodes but I can think that the people who booed goodes in the last few weeks must have done it for racial reasons. Of course they say that they continued to do it to demonstrate that they wont be silenced... in the spirit of the anzacs eh

btw our prime minister has just set a course for our young men to go to war and you dont even hear a whimper from the australian public. It's nice to know that we have a strong willed set of footy fans who will stand on their principles.... even if it's only about booing some guy. Next step is to get this crowd on the streets demonstrating for their heroes on MKR...

Why is Martins low socioeconomic upbringing fair game? The fact he left school when he was ten is because his father and his fathers father were all dimwits. That is discrimination. It clearly has no history back to slavery but ask someone how they feel when they're being attacked for something they have no control over and I bet they all feel pretty much the same.

My point is that the world should be striving to stamp out all discrimination not just the three or so that society deems worthy.

In this instance the "crime" was inciting the crowd for which Martin copped a $2500 fine. Goodes did not cop a fine. In fact he was lauded because the AFL was worried about race. The right way for this to have ended was for both to cop a fine or neither. That would be true equality.

I'm not aware of what the honourable Mr Abbott has been up to recently but I'm sure bringing MKR into this discussion isn't right.

Good night

Why is Martins low socioeconomic upbringing fair game? The fact he left school when he was ten is because his father and his fathers father were all dimwits. That is discrimination. It clearly has no history back to slavery but ask someone how they feel when they're being attacked for something they have no control over and I bet they all feel pretty much the same.

My point is that the world should be striving to stamp out all discrimination not just the three or so that society deems worthy.

In this instance the "crime" was inciting the crowd for which Martin copped a $2500 fine. Goodes did not cop a fine. In fact he was lauded because the AFL was worried about race. The right way for this to have ended was for both to cop a fine or neither. That would be true equality.

I'm not aware of what the honourable Mr Abbott has been up to recently but I'm sure bringing MKR into this discussion isn't right.

Good night

You make a good point about his dimwitted history..

I see that you're concerned with equality...so are these guys..

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t219059/

What a round-about this thread has become.
I noticed 70 refugees were left to rot in a truck on the side of highway.

Goodes has survived.
I'm sure he will write a book.

What a round-about this thread has become.
I noticed 70 refugees were left to rot in a truck on the side of highway.

Goodes has survived.
I'm sure he will write a book.

What are you saying Pie Eyed? Unless you're the worst off person in the world then you don't have a legitimate grievance? Come on man.

ThePhantom777:
”At some point in the future I'd like to see Adam Goodes involved with the AFL. I loved watching him play and thought it was really sad how his time in the game ended. I've met him in person, he signed my brothers Swans guernsey and had a chat.”

The Goodes booing is topical. It was interesting to listen to the media discussing the crowd booing JHF.

According to many media and at least 1 coach if you pay your money you can boo who you like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Goodes booing is topical. It was interesting to listen to the media discussing the crowd booing JHF.

According to many media and at least 1 coach if you pay your money you can boo who you like.
Did you boo Goodes?

I agree with the coach, unless it crosses a line and the player tells everyone how damaging it is.

Did you boo Goodes?
I did once at the G, late in his career. He flopped a free and I protested, from memory he didn't get it.

He was a fair player most of his career, at the end I think he was struggling and tried a couple of things to keep contributing to his side.

Mostly I liked him, fair and skilled player.

The booing really took off after that, I think there was a West Coast game and then the Hawks (can't recall the exact sequence of events) and I started to notice it. I didn't boo any player as a matter of course, just if they did something bad eg that filth Milne.

I recall talking to other supporters when Goodes was booed the next time we played them, "did he belt someone?" but no one seemed to know. Pack mentality had taken over I guess.

I did once at the G, late in his career. He flopped a free and I protested, from memory he didn't get it.

He was a fair player most of his career, at the end I think he was struggling and tried a couple of things to keep contributing to his side.

Mostly I liked him, fair and skilled player.

The booing really took off after that, I think there was a West Coast game and then the Hawks (can't recall the exact sequence of events) and I started to notice it. I didn't boo any player as a matter of course, just if they did something bad eg that filth Milne.

I recall talking to other supporters when Goodes was booed the next time we played them, "did he belt someone?" but no one seemed to know. Pack mentality had taken over I guess.
Yeah, I was a fan of Goodes too, although not when he played us. The booing was very sad to see.

Goodes deserved to be booed. He was a sniper and loved dropping his knees into players. He chose his actions. And most supporters understood that. It was never about his skin.

It’s amazing that Betts, Cyril, McLeod, Matera, Leon and many many others never got booed.

And then later on Goodes making it about something it really wasn’t. Was booed again for trying to imply otherwise.

I equate Goodes in the same breath as Hird. Great footballers…with extremely flawed characters.

They both had something in common though. They both aspired at one point to become politicians. Luckily for everyone their true natures were exposed before they could do any real damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was a fan of Goodes too, although not when he played us. The booing was very sad to see.

He played us at the G, so presumably it was 2013 or whenever the last Swans game was, and if memory serves he had something like 37 possessions and was completely unstoppable. Ridiculous talent.

I still think we won though.

EDIT: Nope, we lost, but Goodes had 30 touches and 3 goals before being vilified by that young girl and coming off. Funny how the memory plays tricks on you.

Goodes deserved to be booed. He was a sniper and loved dropping his knees into players. He chose his actions. And most supporters understood that. It was never about his skin.

It’s amazing that Betts, Cyril, McLeod, Matera, Leon and many many others never got booed.

And then later on Goodes making it about something it really wasn’t. Was booed again for trying to imply otherwise.

I equate Goodes in the same breath as Hird. Great footballers…with extremely flawed characters.

They both had something in common though. They both aspired at one point to become politicians. Luckily for everyone their true natures were exposed before they could do any real damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nobody expects much from your efforts at bait, but this is probably a new low. Bravo!

It was all from a young girls actions. All Collingwood supporters were blamed. I think the booing started after Goodes through the pretend spear at our cheer squad.
I can't remember.

Booing happens regularly at every game and at all the ones supporters see players as villains.

Ginni, Milne, Cripps and too many others to mention.

Caminiti will cop it from us next time against Saints.
Ollie and JHF cop it regularly.
It had nothing to do with Goodes being black.

It was all from a young girls actions. All Collingwood supporters were blamed. I think the booing started after Goodes through the pretend spear at our cheer squad.
I can't remember.

Booing happens regularly at every game and at all the ones supporters see players as villains.

Ginni, Milne, Cripps and to many others to mention.
The spear dance was against Carlton.
And by the way, I thought it was awesome!

The spear dance was against Carlton.
And by the way, I thought it was awesome!
I thought it amusing. Things like that though rile up fans.
Booing part of every sport around the world. Nothing we can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back