Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
http://www.booktopia.com.au/whateve...l?source=pla&gclid=CL-27qC9zcUCFUMIvAodsocAGA

one by Josh Massoud, should be fair and balanced, the HTB should love it.

Below is a Daily Telegraph article by Josh from 2011

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/invasion-of-the-sherrin/story-e6frfgbo-1226044662752

Invasion of the Sherrin

UNTIL Batemans Bay, the drive along the South Coast is extremely pleasant. Then AFL goalposts start to appear.

For any rusted-on league fan, this sudden cross-code assault destroys the otherwise picturesque vista of rolling green hills, rugged beaches and ye olde cheese factories.

Each time I travel down the Princes Highway, the Victorian border resembles the advancing battleline of an insidious army. If it feels like an invasion, that's because it is one.

Blah ... blah .... blah

He's going to celebrate very loudly and very brashly should WADA not get up.

Not exactly the retiring type.

Geez you guys.................I only popped in the say hi to fil and his gang buster thread, and you lot had to spoil it.

Being completely right about everything, the suspenson was more to alleviate the burden he had to bear.

#standbyabfabfil
The burden of proof must be a formidable load to carry. My heart goes out to fil.......lest we forget his heroic efforts. Kudos fil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's going to celebrate very loudly and very brashly should WADA not get up.

Not exactly the retiring type.

WADA have already won.

We've been told how torturous this hadhas been to the club, the players, their families and even the fans. A living nightmare we've been told.

Players can't sleep, have anxiety, can't get boners they're so stressed out (except Hird of course), their families and parents have been impacted heavily and can't walk down the street without being called 'drug cheats', their playing has been affected to the point that a team in it's prime is basically useless, they were forced to hire Neeld and Craig and Harvey and keep their underperforming rookie coach, forced to recruit the likes of Gwilt and Cooney to help Chapman and Fletcher out, and are now definitively referred to as 'the cheats'.

Had it been a clear cut case, how's the irony that they'd have all served their bans and be back playing and leading normal lives.

Thanks to the brilliant maneuvering of the cheats and crooks at Essendon though, sadly for the players and fans, that isn't the case and here we are still in the s**t and looking down the barrel 3 years later.

WADA have already won.

WADA have already won.

We've been told how torturous this hadhas been to the club, the players, their families and even the fans. A living nightmare we've been told.

Players can't sleep, have anxiety, can't get boners they're so stressed out (except Hird of course), their families and parents have been impacted heavily and can't walk down the street without being called 'drug cheats', their playing has been affected to the point that a team in it's prime is basically useless, they were forced to hire Neeld and Craig and Harvey and keep their underperforming rookie coach, forced to recruit the likes of Gwilt and Cooney to help Chapman and Fletcher out, and are now definitively referred to as 'the cheats'.

Had it been a clear cut case, how's the irony that they'd have all served their bans and be back playing and leading normal lives.

Thanks to the brilliant maneuvering of the cheats and crooks at Essendon though, sadly for the players and fans, that isn't the case and here we are still in the s**t and looking down the barrel 3 years later.

WADA have already won.

What a load of crap. :thumbsu:

There is an element of truth stated by LB, the turmoil and despondent flat emotional display by the EFC playing group, key recruitment / retained players like Winderlich are proof of the dysfunctional list management. Moreover, consider the financial impact and top shelf Football Dept coaching staff must inspire confidence and little hope for the future.

WADA have already won.

WADA have already won.
I think that one of the 'victims' of this saga has been you Lavender. You keep telling us that it has robbed you of your love for footy and you don't even watch it anymore. About all you do is post in here. How about you get down to the G on Saturday night. You can catch some pre-match entertainment, see an ornament to the game play his 400th game and be in crowd of around 90,000 fans. This may just re-ignite your passion for the game. You can even barrack for the Tiges against the drug cheats. It might just stop you from ranting on your soapbox in here and make you halfway interesting.

It's absolutely true.

And you know it.

The damage done over this 3 year period (and still counting) is worse than a ban that would have already been served.

You know who the only ones that are better off as a result of the tactics used by Essendon are? Their board of directors.

And I can't help but think they sucked you lot in for that very reason.

I think that one of the 'victims' of this saga has been you Lavender. You keep telling us that it has robbed you of your love for footy and you don't even watch it anymore. About all you do is post in here. How about you get down to the G on Saturday night. You can catch some pre-match entertainment, see an ornament to the game play his 400th game and be in crowd of around 90,000 fans. This may just re-ignite your passion for the game. You can even barrack for the Tiges against the drug cheats. It might just stop you from ranting on your soapbox in here and make you halfway interesting.

I can't understand some people's thinking on this.

Maybe I'm a zealot in a sport's sense, but I just love the game.

What has happened is disappointing from the respect of BOTH sides, but it has NOT impacted my love or interest in the game on single bit. I still live, eat and breath it.

This whole saga is just another aspect, something to be interested in and yes, argue about. But very much a sideshow to the main event.

Jeez..... it'll almost be boring to going back to just talking footy!!

What has happened is disappointing from the respect of BOTH sides, but it has NOT impacted my love or interest in the game on single bit. I still live, eat and breath it.

This whole saga is just another aspect, something to be interested in and yes, argue about. But very much a sideshow to the main event.

One of the outcomes of the saga for me is that I joined BF (mainly because of the HTB) and discovered a whole lot of total footy heads on the EFC board and a whole lot of fantastic nostalgia threads, well fantastic for me anyway. However, it has robbed me of a little productivity at work. Silver linings, yin yang....

One of the outcomes of the saga for me is that I joined BF (mainly because of the HTB) and discovered a whole lot of total footy heads on the EFC board and a whole lot of fantastic nostalgia threads, well fantastic for me anyway. However, it has robbed me of a little productivity at work. Silver linings, yin yang....
telsa you and I are actually in full agreement.

It's absolutely true.

And you know it.

The damage done over this 3 year period (and still counting) is worse than a ban that would have already been served.

You know who the only ones that are better off as a result of the tactics used by Essendon are? Their board of directors.

And I can't help but think they sucked you lot in for that very reason.

If Essendon the club lost all its players over a 2 year period, then Essendon the club would no longer exist as sponsorships and memberships would have bottomed out Instead we have a strong sponsorship situation and a record number of members.. So no, we are not worse off. We are fine. In fact we are stronger for it. :thumbsu:

The AFL know this.

Hence their repeated acts of deceit, dishonesty and self serving greed.

I can't respect that. And I certainly can't financially support it.

If Essendon the club lost all its players over a 2 year period, then Essendon the club would no longer exist as sponsorships and memberships would have bottomed out Instead we have a strong sponsorship situation and a record number of members.. So no, we are not worse off. We are fine. In fact we are stronger for it. :thumbsu:
And redhot contenders for the 2015 flag too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back