Box Hill City Oval
at 2pm
Radio:- 94.1FM 3WBC​
TV:- Nil​

Teams As advised below.

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD
No game this week.

A question without notice.

If the EFC loose their points in the AFL and are rubbed out for finals where does that leave the VFL team?

I'd assume different league and different rules but considering Essendon could now stack the side I find it a little gauling.

Rubbed out should be rubbed out, no?

For those interested, EFC play their final on Sunday.
However, this may not eventuate depending on today's talks between AFL & VFL. There were EFC players part of the team throughout the year & presumably will be called apon for finals.
Personally, I think they will be banned, but we wait & see.

I'd expect Essendon to also be thrown out of the VFL finals. AFL Victoria were pushing AFL to work something out with Essendon to clarify the VFL finals series. I think, from memory, that the Northern Blues take Essendon's spot in the eight on percentage from the Roosters.

I'd expect Essendon to also be thrown out of the VFL finals. AFL Victoria were pushing AFL to work something out with Essendon to clarify the VFL finals series. I think, from memory, that the Northern Blues take Essendon's spot in the eight on percentage from the Roosters.

I'm surprised they didn't schedule the game for Friday nights just to be tossers like they were with the H&A fixture.

Geelong play the qualifying final on a Friday night against Casey.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to "no-show" the final as one of my children will be playing an Auskick game at Etihad on Saturday and I'm required to chaperone. Looking forward to reading the reports.

From memory, I think tickets are $15/$10 at the gate.

BTW, just to make it clear, the development squad has a bye and moves straight into a semi-final which will be played at 11.00am on 8 September 2013 at BHCO.

Won't be there to watch the game due to work,but will be listening to it .go boxhill hope the boys have a good one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Box Hill Hawksvs. Williamstown
Saturday 31st August
Box Hill City Oval at 2:00PM

Box Hill Hawks

B Kelly Litherland Mirra
HB Wanganeen Cheney Gordon
C Iles Ellis Simpkin
HF Osborne Spangher Murphy
F Retzlaff Grimley Ceglar
R Lowden Hallahan Langford
Int Tobin Pratt O'Donnell Cust Boseley
O'Brien Graham Lock Lawlor

Hallahan, Langford, O'Brien, Pratt, Tobin & Ceglar all back.
Spangher & Simpkin have both headed to Sydney as emergencies for tomorrow night's game.
It'll be interesting if they arrive back in time to play for BH.
Strong Willi side named. Hopefully Liam Jones doesn't play.

BTW, just to make it clear, the development squad has a bye and moves straight into a semi-final which will be played at 11.00am on 8 September 2013 at BHCO.

Development side will play at North Port Oval either Saturday or Sunday before seniors VFL football.
Hoping to see Box Hill development play in GF (and win) right before seniors on 14th or 15th of September.

Big game ! And with Sprang missing and an under done TO I hope Lowden can front up after what looked to be a bad knee injury last week .....other wise we go in short .
Rapt to see Patty Lawler hold his spot .

Big game ! And with Sprang missing and an under done TO I hope Lowden can front up after what looked to be a bad knee injury last week .....other wise we go in short .
Rapt to see Patty Lawler hold his spot .

It's possible Spangher will play. If Spangher and Simpkin are not needed for tonight's match they will fly back from Sydney and be available for tomorrow Clarko said yesterday.

Hopefully there are no late changes tonight. If so the BHH have selected 15 AFL listed/rookie players to Williamstown's 14 and they will lose at least 3 and more likely 4 since the Doggies play on Sunday. I'm confident we can reverse the round 12 result because of the quality of our BHH listed players and also the HFC players have the added incentive of pushing for senior selection.

Just a quick question.. if Taylor Duryea is dropped this week is he allowed to play VFL finals? He hasn't played the six required games has he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back