Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 4

bhh-vs-port-melbourne.gif
Sunday 15 April
at Box Hill City Oval
11:00am Development Team
2:00pm Seniors

Radio:94.1FM 3WBC

Coming off a fantastic win (and first in 21 years) at Werribee, Box Hill host our nemesis Port Melbourne at home on Sunday.

In a perplexing scheduling arrangement from the VFL, this game clashes with Hawthorn v Adelaide at the G which is disappointing considering it is our first home game and against our traditional rivals.

Teams to follow.

ROUND 4

bhh-vs-port-melbourne.gif

Sunday 15 April
at Box Hill City Oval
11:00am Development Team
2:00pm Seniors

Radio:94.1FM 3WBC

Coming off a fantastic win (and first in 21 years) at Werribee, Box Hill host our nemesis Port Melbourne at home on Sunday.

In a perplexing scheduling arrangement from the VFL, this game clashes with Hawthorn v Adelaide at the G which is disappointing considering it is our first home gain and against our traditional rivals.

Teams to follow.

Your kidding me really wanted to go to this game *sigh* First home game of the year and i can't make it. This is really stuffed up who gave us this schedule for box hill

In the Age's online article about Schoenmakers, Peter Hanlon reports that the Hawks want Gilham to play a part of each quarter for Box Hill this weekend and, depending on how he pulls up, he'll play a full match for Box Hill the following round.

This is a good game to rate our depth. Port Melbourne will win though. Shane Valenti is a very good player that shouldn't have been let go by Melbourne..... :)

For those going to the Hawthorn game at the 'G, I'll help you out by giving you the final result.

Port Melbourne win... again ;)

P.S. My last game calling for 3WBC this Sunday for about a month (clashes with Port home games)

For those going to the Hawthorn game at the 'G, I'll help you out by giving you the final result.

P.S. My last game calling for 3WBC this Sunday for about a month (clashes with Port home games)

This is what i expect :thumbsu:

Port might win, we only lost by 20 last time after coming off that 101-point Williamstown massacre
Box Hill fielded a very strong side last Saturday and will do so again this Sunday.

I have more interest in this game than the Hawthorn one seeing as were going against the reigning VFL premiers on a massive winning streak.
A 2pm start ensures I will enjoy none of it on the train ride to the 'G from Laburnum station.
At least I'll get to see the Development side break through for their 1st win of the season.

A couple of great initiatives regarding Sunday.

Prior to the Development Side game the 2011 premiership will be commemorated with a ceremony also.

2011_Reserves_Premiers_web.JPG

stepbackthink.jpg
Box Hill Hawks will this weekend be wearing orange football boot laces in support of the group Step Back Think. Read more about this fantastic initiative.

Teams now in on VFL site
SENIORS at http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?c=1-118-0-204557-0&pool=1&fixture=123661706&a=SELECT

RESERVES http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=SELECT&fixture=123706271&c=1-118-0-209316-0&pool=1

No Langford, Boseley, Frank, or Puopolo. Ellis & Gilham are back. Duryea, Litherland & Hallahan are in the twos.

That is one strong line-up. I'd be a bit disappointed if Port Melbourne's 24 game winning streak didn't come to an end this weekend.

Lineups aren't set yet as all 7 bench players for Hawthorn are listed on the ground for the Box Hill seniors.
And this week we may even hold back the 3 emergencies so all seven might not play on Sunday at Box Hill.

I only know that Taylor Gilchrist will play for the senior BHH side (according to Facebook) even though he's been named on the wing for the development side.

Will know who plays when Sunday rolls around :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Langford, Boseley, Frank, or Puopolo. Ellis & Gilham are back. Duryea, Litherland & Hallahan are in the twos.

That is one strong line-up. I'd be a bit disappointed if Port Melbourne's 24 game winning streak didn't come to an end this weekend.

Langford is named on the extended interchange bench for the senior team.

Thanks Echols.

Link to the official preview of the match from the Box Hill Hawks website here.

Such a shame that the first home game of the season will have reduced attendance due to the PTB seeing fit to fixture it at the same time as Hawthorn's home match.

With Box Hill great win last week at Werribee, i wouldn't get too cocky about your Port Melb side.

Enjoy your rest for a month, you'll need it :D

Anyone going to the game tomorrow? Hope someone can get down and post a report.

Ridiculous that it conflicts with the hawks v crows game.

I will probably go down for the reserves game and head out to the game at G at around 2

Just about to head to the 'G, but according to the Box Hill Hawks twitter feed, the development squad is up by 44 points at 3/4 time - 15.9.99 to Port Melbourne 8.7.55.

From twitter: Full Time. The Development side has notched up their 1st win of the season, winning by 50 pts. Box Hill 19.13.127 defeat Port Melb 11.11.77

Remove this Banner Ad

Back