Toast Boxer to debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Great contribution from the Boxer today - deserves more game time.

Indeed was solid from what i saw today, he and Langford look like a couple of hard nuts together.

Was impressed with Hallahan's game (well, one-quarter of a game) today. Did enough to demand a spot next week and I hope that he gets to start. His positioning was good, took a couple of solid marks, kicked a nice goal and he managed to find a team-mate on most occasions. If there was a list of players to come back in from injuries he mightn't get a run, but there isn't, so he should.

Not much to add that hasn't already been said. Looked calm cool and composed and did some nice things. Made a difference early in the last but it's a shame many didn't follow. Needs to be starting 21 next week for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was very pleased with his effort.

He took a couple of very good marks to start with and then finished off with a classy goal that kept us within striking distance.

Kid looked well suited, looks like you may have another one.

We are in a similar boat to you guys, they are not kids by the time they play and I think that is why they stand up early in their careers. I think the Cats and the Hawks are showing the way with talent coming through.

On to Mitch - He was excellent when he came on and I think he deserves a go to bring Simpkin back to the sub role. He has a good kick and is strong in the contest. Hard at it too which is great, you can't teach that. He was a positive from the game yesterday.

Good over head. Good skills. Goal kicker. Loves a contest keeps his feet. Doesnt panic. A lot to like about this kid. Love to see him play a full game. Ahead of simpkin for mine as simpkin has great work rate but has terrible decision making. Seems to take the wrong option again and again and it puts his disposal under real pressure. Hallahan makes good decisions just about every time in the 6 or so games I have seen him play. If he has the fitness he should start.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Re-watched the game last night and what really impressed me about Hallahan is how hard he tackles! He crunched a few players and reminds me of Burgoyne. He tackles to hurt and is as hard as anything. There were about 4 brilliant tackles that just made me sit up and think what a competitive beast this kid is.

Uses the ball well, a good mark for his size, strong and tough and he just knows how to find the footy. With speedsters like Hill, Smith, Hartung to feed the ball to on the outside, Hallahan's lack of leg speed won't be an issue. Future looks bright with Langford as well.

Keep up the good work Boxer!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Should get another full game this week against the saints, can maybe afford to rest somebody from the mids.

Great tackler when within reach (ref: Ordivician).

Really good intent mentally with the ball - even though he missed a pretty regulation shot on the run what is great is that he relaxed when he kicked it which shows he knows when he is in space and has time just was an execution error. He has a calm demeanor with the ball - massively good quality (ref: Luke Darcy).

Good frame on him and really good at blocking when he know he aint gonna get it.

One thing I have noticed is his reach - looks to have quite short arms in close. Dont like it but surely Mitch can teach?

One thing I have noticed is his reach - looks to have quite short arms in close. Dont like it but surely Mitch can teach?

AKA: Tyrannosaurus Syndrome

T-Rex+Problems.+big+head.+and+little+arms!.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back