Boycott Port Power Sponsor "White Marquee Event Hire"-

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying that I don't think this thread isn't done, but why do we always have people telling us when they think a thread is done and that everyone should abide by that decision?

If you're done, just unsubscribe?
My view is some people may be learning something from the discussion. Shutting down ignorance is the best way to ensure its never addressed. If people are intentionally abusive they'll be dealt with. Some people may be offended along the way... but hopefully some of us grow from this discussion.
Probably time for the back yard though.

Not saying that I don't think this thread isn't done, but why do we always have people telling us when they think a thread is done and that everyone should abide by that decision?

If you're done, just unsubscribe?

I was hoping I could stop people from getting personal towards one another before it disintegrated into people saying things they couldn't take back.

You have no right to speak for the gay community about what they should or shouldn't be offended by. You do not.

The stats are freely available on Government websites as there have been numerous studies conducted in the past 5 years. If you are really interested - rather than attempting to trip me up (lol) - go edumacate yourself.

As for the quoted comment, I assume you're not gay, or adopted. So Im wondering if it's possible that you could be any more hypocritical ;)

The stats are freely available on Government websites as there have been numerous studies conducted in the past 5 years. If you are really interested - rather than attempting to trip me up (lol) - go edumacate yourself.

As for the quoted comment, I assume you're not gay, or adopted. So Im wondering if it's possible that you could be any more hypocritical ;)
Is it better if I say it then?

You have no right to speak for the gay community about what they should or shouldn't be offended by. You do not.

Is it better if I say it then?

I assume you are gay, but not adopted.... so whilst I take on board your personal point of view, I would ask that you also take on board mine, in relation to the word "bastard".

Im glad someone from the LGBT community has commented, because Im interested to know... if you hear the word f** got spoken in general conversation (ie not directed towards you or someone in the LGBT community), are you offended and, if so, to what extent? I only ask because I have canvassed a few people in the LGBT community who I know, since this thread blew up, and without exception they told me the word has lost it's venom, in the same way the word bastard has. They were of the view that actual discrimination, such as gay marriage and rights such as superannuation entitlements, were far more offensive than any word someone could say.

I assume you are gay, but not adopted.... so whilst I take on board your personal point of view, I would ask that you also take on board mine, in relation to the word "bastard".

Im glad someone from the LGBT community has commented, because Im interested to know... if you hear the word f** got spoken in general conversation (ie not directed towards you or someone in the LGBT community), are you offended and, if so, to what extent? I only ask because I have canvassed a few people in the LGBT community who I know, since this thread blew up, and without exception they told me the word has lost it's venom, in the same way the word bastard has. They were of the view that actual discrimination, such as gay marriage and rights such as superannuation entitlements, were far more offensive than any word someone could say.
Yes I would be offended
I would be reluctant to comment unless I knew that I would have people to back me up

Solid.

Mediterranean European immigrants are a great example of this. The racial slurs that were originally directed at them are no longer deemed offensive - because they simply don't take offence to them.

It's but a small example of how the "power" of these words can be completely disarmed.

Beware: this is pretty funny.

Whilst true to an extent I'd still advise against people who aren't of that background from using those terms/words. They've lost most of their original power, but still, just be careful when and how you say them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blocked. Can you summarise please?

"THE business behind the Asiafest event in held last year Adelaide has been placed in liquidation and several artists say they have not been paid.
And another company owned by Asiafest director Greg Evangelou, Budget Party Hire, has been placed in liquidation, with $1.4 million in debt including $575,000 owed to the ANZ bank and $224,442 owed to the Australian Taxation Office.

Mr Evangelou was cautioned by Port Adelaide in 2014 for an anti-gay comment made about Adelaide supporters on social media.

Mr Evangelou posted an insult on Facebook after the Crow’s 23-point win against the Power in June of that year.

“To all my fellow 19th f*****s. Enjoy today like you’ve won a grand final ... because that’s about as good as its going to get for yas for a very long time,” he posted."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busin...t/news-story/5c098df9811e272210d2a96ad07e109d

I would say karma but this ass will startup yet another company and even more people will get ripped off. Does anyone of integrity support this club?

Yeah, that's right Mikey, this campaigner is indicative of every single Port supporter in existence...

Do you even actually ever read the s**t you post?

I think you took that a little to literally, no? I am sure we could find one nice one...somewhere. ;)

Yeah, that's right Mikey, this campaigner is indicative of every single Port supporter in existence...

Do you even actually ever read the s**t you post?
Oh dear. I'm embarrassed for you.

Go the Anzacs..

Well that's a shame. I've been boycotting them for all of my marquee and AsiaFest requirements without actually remembering I was boycotting but good to see it worked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back