List Mgmt. Boyd or Patton Trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm of the firm belief that we need to trade one of Cunnington, Swallow, Greenwood, or Ziebell and their respective trade value is in that descending order. Need to give up quality to get quality and a trade of Swallow, Greenwood, and a first for Cameron would be palatable to GWS if, and only if, its true that Cameron is out the door. Trading the captain might be heresy for some, but it is increasingly clear that he and Cunnington struggle to coexist, four inside midfielder with no leg pace and average disposal, plus Swallows declining disposal, have created issues.

Buy low, sell high. Greenwood is having a great year, but if he could be used to improve our list, it would be an excellent decision.
I am not sure what is worse. Trading Greenwood, or that there are five people who think your stupid idea, is a good idea.

I don't think anyone wanting to trade Jack is doing so because his form isn't great, its because he has currency and plays a role we have a surplus in. The way I see it, we are going to have start leaving out Greenwood or Jacobs soon because of balance even if they are playing well, right now we have to play them, because of injuries to other first 18 players like Wells and Jmac. Then you may get a situation where players like Greenwood, Jacobs or Dumont leave for greater opportunity and because they are untried players, we wouldn't get much for them.

Or we move on Ziebell have a chance at getting a key forward for the next decade that we are screaming out for. This isn't a kneejerk reaction, this is reality, Greenwood coming on has given us huge depth in the inside midfielder role.

Every Media commentator believes that if Dumont was at any other club he would have made his debut this year....how much longer is he going to wait around and if he leaves after his 2 years are up we wont get much more than a late 2nd round pick for him as he will mostly be untried.
Sorry Abby but thats bullshite........Tommy Mitchell says hi

Why don't we trade everyone of any perceived value for any young high draft pick from another team.

We could have a whole new team next year.

Patton or Boyd...

Trade Ziebell or Swallow.

This thread has no basis in reality.

so you think they won't drop but they will trade him? when we have Drew in his last year, Maj to still show consistent football "know how", Tarrant to show he can get on the park and a few untried kids waiting to take the key forward posts, so yeah it really is.

Nah, it really isn't.

It is a moot point though for sure, I agree :cool:

I am not sure what is worse. Trading Greenwood, or that there are five people who think your stupid idea, is a good idea.

Interested to hear why.

Greenwood's having a great season. He's still a limited footballer. We're not going anywhere with the forwardline as it currently exists and we have a surplus of slow inside midfielders.

Greenwood would have currency.

In the immortal words of the Castle: "Tell him he's dreamin"

No way GWS would even consider that, we'd be laughed out of the place.

It would take Ziebell and our first rounder.

Maybe more.

It would take trade currency we do not have or do not want to spend.

This thread is a beacon to the absurdness of the supercoach generation.

It would take Ziebell and our first rounder.

Maybe more.

It would take trade currency we do not have or do not want to spend.

This thread is a beacon to the absurdness of the supercoach generation.

I agree totally - JZ or Swallow or similar PLUS our 1st rounder for GWS to consider it seriously. Cobbling together Basti, Anthony and a 3rd round pick or a similar gift box of mediocrity will not get you Patton or Boyd.

The question is are the club willing to do this? Given that we seem unwilling to even drop players from the senior side, I don't see us being bold enough to make a play like the above.

Or Thompson.... Get Frawley via free agent and one of gws forwards.

So we require a high level trade and to snare someone through FA.

What is the likelihood of us pulling that off?

What is the likelihood of us putting one of our only recent AA's up for trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we require a high level trade and to snare someone through FA.

What is the likelihood of us pulling that off?

What is the likelihood of us putting one of our only recent AA's up for trade?

If north really want a key position forward in Cameron, or boyd north could chase Frawley land him then trade Thompson to gws for boyd or cameron. We end up with full back and ff/chf. I am not saying to do it but it could be an option becasue in my opinion Thompson has been great in the past but average this year for some reason but he isn't an A+ player.

If north really want a key position forward in Cameron, or boyd north could chase Frawley land him then trade Thompson to gws for boyd or cameron. We end up with full back and ff/chf. I am not saying to do it but it could be an option becasue in my opinion Thompson has been great in the past but average this year for some reason but he isn't an A+ player.

Its what we should do but I dont think we will.
We need a top KPF and we need to give someone of vaule to get this across the line.

Spitta, Ziebs or someone of that ilk is required to get the gws to talk

Interested to hear why.

Greenwood's having a great season. He's still a limited footballer. We're not going anywhere with the forwardline as it currently exists and we have a surplus of slow inside midfielders.

Greenwood would have currency.

During carlton game he was our forward line at times : /

Remove this Banner Ad

Back