Brad bites back

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah nah, we could have had a shot this year and pathetic efforts have screwed it.

Repeated quarters where we have 7 goals to 1 scored against is not good enough.

Time for words is over.

I don't care what he says.

Put it on the field.

Yep, I read it.

Full of Bradisms.

Ahh Bradism. Symptoms usually involve the offering of words that promotes short term relief of hurt feelings and crushed spirits when expectations are not met. Generally affects 35-40,000 members each fortnight.

Caution, leaves bitter taste when taken in pill form.

Brad says they will be judged by their results over the long term. So I guess that means STFU and buy your membership until 2016.
I'm guessing the internal criticism of the players killed 3 lettuce leaves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"we’re sixth on the ladder, 10-7 and beaten four of the top five. If we had beaten all the other sides, we’d be sitting comfortably inside the top 4"

Yes Brad, if we had won all our games this season we would be in the top 4.

What an amazingly stupid comment.
Or he's trolling the supporters

IMO:

People need to Listen/watch the entire press conference.
He's not some bumbling ******* like some would have you believe.
He doesn't just say pretty nothings.
He doesn't make blanket excuses for the clubs failings.

He answers the damned questions put to him, and answers them well. People need to put their prejudices aside and actually pay attention to what the coaches and players say. No one from the club is likely going to come out swinging in public, naming and shaming players or coaches or anything of that ilk. And it would more than likely be grossly improper of them to do so. Besides all that, it's ludicrous to think they aren't doing it behind closed doors: where it should be done.

Some people are just pissed with our from, some people are just lightly trolling, but there also seem to be a few who just want nothing more than keep on festering the chip on their shoulder, and nothing less than to see what they want to see.

/rant

IMO:

People need to Listen/watch the entire press conference.
He's not some bumbling ******* like some would have you believe.
He doesn't just say pretty nothings.
He doesn't make blanket excuses for the clubs failings.

He answers the damned questions put to him, and answers them well. People need to put their prejudices aside and actually pay attention to what the coaches and players say. No one from the club is likely going to come out swinging in public, naming and shaming players or coaches or anything of that ilk. And it would more than likely be grossly improper of them to do so. Besides all that, it's ludicrous to think they aren't doing it behind closed doors: where it should be done.

Some people are just pissed with our from, some people are just lightly trolling, but there also seem to be a few who just want nothing more than keep on festering the chip on their shoulder, and nothing less than to see what they want to see.

/rant
You're entitled to your rant.

My response. Despite being one of two teams from memory this year to lose no more than 1 game in a row this season, lose this week and we could be out of the 8. We win and on season form, we'll probably lose next week.

It is his problem as he is the coach.

We recruited Dal purely for his leadership abilities. His skills are a bonus.
Quite true but even he hasn't been immune, at times, to the lack of leadership virus that has swept through the club.

You're entitled to your rant.

My response. Despite being one of two teams from memory this year to lose no more than 1 game in a row this season, lose this week and we could be out of the 8. We win and on season form, we'll probably lose next week.

It is his problem as he is the coach.

Noted, and mostly agree, though not entirely sure what your reply has to do with the context or content of my post.

It appears to be a bizarrely even season this year, which is part and parcel why a lot of the better clubs have been dropping the odd game, including to a disappointing degree, us.

The result this week, or any week past or future, is certainly his problem/responsibility. It's also the the leaders, and the rest of the players though. It is however mostly understandable why he, as the face of the club, cops the majority of the negative feedback (rightly or wrongly).

Personally I think Brad's done great things for the club overall. Off-field he's helped get us into a staggeringly good position. And our players/list look poised to take the next step. On-field there are some problems, but I don't think he deserves to be copping the amount of flack he has been, though that's not to say I think he shouldn't be receiving any. He's a young coach, and I fully expect him to continue becoming a better coach as he gains more experience, though I disagreed with the club deciding to guarantee him quite so much time in which to garner it. I think a shitload has gone wrong this year, and a large chunk has been outside of his control.

* me it's like one big happy family inside north melbourne. Yes it's good that everyone's happy but when poor disciple is shown in our losses it's time for everyone to harden the * up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back