Brad bites back

Remove this Banner Ad

If we win this week we will finish in the top 4. The cats will get a draft pick before us. The only teams that know where they have finished is 7th to 18th.
Yeah I get that. Super. Did you actually read the post?

9/1 to make the Grand Final?? I will take nines at this stage of the year. 100/1 is incredibly small.

Dare to dream!!! Is it me but is Thompson on Buddy and Grima on Tippett 2 very good match ups for us?

9/1 might be the odds from the bookies but they are not representative of the statistics when you look at the historical data.

1/13 to make it beyond the Semi

1/38 to make it beyond that.

Compound them and you get to the very small window that is in front of us.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility.

9/1 is unders designed to take the money from willing punters.

Yeah - you wanted us to finish top 4 to give us the best chance of winning a flag.

Win this week and we are in the top 4.

And your argument would be that having a week off this week would not have given us the best chance to win a flag and that somehow playing 3 weeks in a row to make a Grand Final makes us more likely to win one?

Cool.

I think you mean, Sammy is always one quiet game from getting another rogering from this board. says more about this board and some of the posters the Sammy.;)
Everyone is one bad game away from 10 roast threads. That's more an indictment on posters here than the players.

Yeah - you wanted us to finish top 4 to give us the best chance of winning a flag.

Win this week and we are in the top 4.

Win this week and we will end up top 4 from a post finals ladder perspective.

It'll give us crucial finals experience.

The task in front of us is monumental.

The task would have been easier if we'd finished the H&A in the top 4 and won our first final.

At the start of the year I'd wager we're where everyone expected us to be. The unexpected wins (everyone 'hoped' but who really 'expected' it from us?) cancelled out the 'unexpected' losses (except to me ... because I'm a sad person).

It's just s**t luck we needed too many wins to get to where we wanted to be.

At the start of the year I'd wager we're where everyone expected us to be. The unexpected wins (everyone 'hoped' but who really 'expected' it from us?) cancelled out the 'unexpected' losses (except to me ... because I'm a sad person).

It's just s**t luck we needed too many wins to get to where we wanted to be.

We are exactly where I wanted us to be at the start of the year.

As the year wore on I wanted us to sieze the opportunity that was in front of us.

At the time the team equal bottom of the ladder beat us.

This year will push us forward next year.

9/1 might be the odds from the bookies but they are not representative of the statistics when you look at the historical data.

1/13 to make it beyond the Semi

1/38 to make it beyond that.

Compound them and you get to the very small window that is in front of us.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility.

9/1 is unders designed to take the money from willing punters.

What??

We are $2.20 this week, 9/1 to win this week and next. History is irrelevant - it will happen one year. Maybe this year.

Exceptional based on his overall average performances.

I get that everyone's floating around like butterflies this week and I am too.

Sammy played well on Saturday, took a few good intercept marks and broke the lines.

No exceptaional as in he will get votes as one of the best players on the ground in our B&F. You're under playing how good he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What??

We are $2.20 this week, 9/1 to win this week and next. History is irrelevant - it will happen one year. Maybe this year.

I'm going to agree to disagree. 9/1 is bookies odds not statistical analysis, I don't bet so I don't care about the 9/1 it is meaningless.

For this week, I want us to win, I think we are a real shot to win.

I am not confident I am hopeful.

We win this week and I will believe that we have achieved something significant in a step forward this year. Lose and I am content with our development, that we are moving in the right direction.

I'm going to agree to disagree. 9/1 is bookies odds not statistical analysis, I don't bet so I don't care about the 9/1 it is meaningless.

For this week, I want us to win, I think we are a real shot to win.

I am not confident I am hopeful.

We win this week and I will believe that we have achieved something significant in a step forward this year. Lose and I am content with our development, that we are moving in the right direction.

And that is fair.

I love odds - I was in the Super Rugby tipping this year - never watched a full game - struggle to watch the highlights and could not tell you most of the rules. Came 3rd in Australia by using the betting odds - not sure what I will do with the signed Wallabies jumper.

Win this week and things get interesting. From 9/1 to 4/1 to make it.

His influence is more mental than physical. It was a terrific first final for a 18y/o small forward, Caused spills through manic pressure, never took a backward step, was involved in many chains which resulted in scoring shots.

Think you're also underselling his defensive pressure and the fact that he consistently shows up bigger and older teammates with his ferocity.

He's been wonderful.

Hard, Fast & Skillful. Clutch goal kicker and strong mark too. All in what, 4 games?

Ok? Please.

Absolutely.

Glenn Archer-
“He’s going to be very hard to leave out — I can’t see how they leave him out,’’
“You don’t see many kids come in at that age and play with such ferocity and be able to finish as well; he kicked four goals on the weekend.
“He’s adding something to the side and hopefully he can do it again. It he can keep attacking the ball like that, he’s going to be a great player for us for a long time.”

Brad Scott-
“His attack on the footy, and I mean this when I say it, is second to none.”

Ben Cunnington-

"I love the way he goes about it and I love playing with him.
"I suppose it's funny saying you stand taller with a 60-kilo guy running out there, but honestly you do.
"It's good. He attacks everything a million miles an hour and it's good to play alongside him.

LT-
"He's basically in a schoolboy's body and plays like Jack Ziebell.
"He's fearless. He tackles hard and he plays with great intensity."

Clearly a few people in the know think Kayne offers the team a bit more than 12 possies in a game.

Sammy is one quiet game from getting another rogering from this board.

Not really. Only idiots would bag the bloke out after a quite game after 2 months of consistently good performance.

Absolutely.

Glenn Archer-
“He’s going to be very hard to leave out — I can’t see how they leave him out,’’
“You don’t see many kids come in at that age and play with such ferocity and be able to finish as well; he kicked four goals on the weekend.
“He’s adding something to the side and hopefully he can do it again. It he can keep attacking the ball like that, he’s going to be a great player for us for a long time.”

Brad Scott-
“His attack on the footy, and I mean this when I say it, is second to none.”

Ben Cunnington-

"I love the way he goes about it and I love playing with him.
"I suppose it's funny saying you stand taller with a 60-kilo guy running out there, but honestly you do.
"It's good. He attacks everything a million miles an hour and it's good to play alongside him.

LT-
"He's basically in a schoolboy's body and plays like Jack Ziebell.
"He's fearless. He tackles hard and he plays with great intensity."

Clearly a few people in the know think Kayne offers the team a bit more than 12 possies in a game.

This is what Ive said from the start, play the kid because young enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm

This is what Ive said from the start, play the kid because young enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm

Not for Melb and St Kilda it doesn't.

The mix is what is important. The kids get older and become established, yet people then want new faces all the time. Bras went through a huge phase of playing the kids and still managed to keep us competitive. Those kids are Cunners, Ziebell, Atley, MacMillan, etc who are now taking us to the next level.

In the end, people wanted him sacked because we had a few bad losses and we were not playing Mason and Dumont (most had never seen either play). Not much demanding of brown or turner to come in.

I guess the coach knew best. I am all for reasoned criticism but the s**t on this board when times are bad is pathetic.

Not for Melb and St Kilda it doesn't.

The mix is what is important. The kids get older and become established, yet people then want new faces all the time. Bras went through a huge phase of playing the kids and still managed to keep us competitive. Those kids are Cunners, Ziebell, Atley, MacMillan, etc who are now taking us to the next level.

In the end, people wanted him sacked because we had a few bad losses and we were not playing Mason and Dumont (most had never seen either play). Not much demanding of brown or turner to come in.

I guess the coach knew best. I am all for reasoned criticism but the s**t on this board when times are bad is pathetic.

Him who's him?? Scott? people wanting his head were impatient.........the players you mentioned plus others we had no choice.

you're argument in melb and the saints is not fair.......Melb is a basket case where kids have no direction, they worry about keeping their spot on the team whilst not performing their part in the team orientation.

St Kilda is exactly like us 6 yrs ago where they had to start again with a scattering of experienced players to help them in their final yrs.

The young enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm has been seen in the past..... Sheedy did with the baby bombers, we had Harvey amongst giants in 96.
I still stick to this theory and when I hear players speak of Turner at his 1st training session where he's a tick over 60 kgs (wringing wet) tackle like Jack Zeibell well then he earns the attention of his peers at that moment and as he continued his intensity over the season and puts decent numbers up at VFL and the team needs his abilities and body type then all the boxes are ticked.

He hasn't given the coaches no reason to drop him.......Bad luck to Nahas or Patchy but thems are the breaks.

This lad will play in the guts 5 yrs from now mark it down..........and we will saying that he is up there as one of the finds for the club.

lol so what's the point of a coach then. the guy who selects the team, picks the tactics, disciplines the players, drafts and trades for footballers to play a winning style.... of course none of it is on the coach. all on the players.
lets just get rid of coaches altogether as according to your logic they're useless, let players roam free and pick the team themselves every week.

go and drink some kool-aid mate.
s**t coach - sack

The only person talking crap is you Wild Scotts. Wood is a big chance to play against GWS is he according to you? Didnt you hear the coach during the week say that he needs to go back and work on his defense. Mate your so out of touch with the footy club. Do us all a favour and dont comment of something you know nothing about.
No Wood No North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back