Brad Dick to return to football

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brad Dick is back training again having given his body a good rest and is set to have a shot at playing football again and working up to making a return to AFL. Feeling stronger and confident in his body again and with doctors advice he can get his body right. Also more mentally prepared and motivated than ever.

He is starting out light in the murray Football league and will play his first game in a couple of weeks from now. He's only 25, give him a year to get right and I reckon we can get a good 4 years of goalsneakin joy out of him. Plenty of space on our rookie list once we clear out Gault, Clarke, yagmoor, Hudson, and mooney.

I've always said he will be back can't wait to see this come to be.

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
And if it was up to you Cloke should be playing at full back or better yet in the seconds :drunk:
I said he should have been trialled at full back in the preseason to see how he goes. Worth a look and not such a big deal for the board queens to go in to meltdown over.
He's had one good game out of seven with such tight competition for spots he need to find consistent form, learn to convert better, or have a spell in the twos till he gets right. We've got a 10 player depth at the moment there should be no tolerance for any player to be playing poorly, not even captains. Again not such an outrageous theory.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
I said he should have been trialled at full back in the preseason to see how he goes. Worth a look and not such a big deal for the board queens to go in to meltdown over.
He's had one good game out of seven with such tight competition for spots he need to find consistent form, learn to convert better, or have a spell in the twos till he gets right. We've got a 10 player depth at the moment there should be no tolerance for any player to be playing poorly, not even captains. Again not such an outrageous theory.
Which 10 players do we have to replace Cloke at the moment? Can't think of one?

You tell me it's your reasoning
So you're saying Chris Dawes had the same chips in the bank, football quality and reputation as Dane Swan and Travis Cloke?

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
It was fun to watch Brad Dick's excitement whenever he got near the ball and you'd love him on our VFL list with his pace and tackling ability. He's a very good state leaguer even if it is for only 10-15 games but his time at AFL level has long past.

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
So you're saying Chris Dawes had the same chips in the bank, football quality and reputation as Dane Swan and Travis Cloke?
What I'm saying is that if a player is in poor form for a long time and there are good players outside the team pushing for selection they should spend some time in the vfl until they prove their form has returned, regardless of who they are. I said Cloke needs to improve and start kicking straight or we need to send him back to the vfl and that is fair enough. In the past we haven't had the luxury of depth to replace players in poor form, like Dawes in 2012, we had to keep playing him. That's not the case any more. How long do we persist with out of form players?
Regardless the topic is about brad dick not Travis Cloke, like I said too many drama queens here just saw Cloke in the same sentence as vfl and went in to meltdown without considering the validity of the argument.
Chill out brad will be back soon and goals will be coming from everywhere

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I'd rather Dick over Mooney but i don't think he is a realistic chance to come back.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Dick isn't even that good and his body can't stand up to AFL

Time to MOVE ON. delisted by West Coast for a reason...

Retired actually

Brad Dick is back training again having given his body a good rest and is set to have a shot at playing football again and working up to making a return to AFL. Feeling stronger and confident in his body again and with doctors advice he can get his body right. Also more mentally prepared and motivated than ever.

He is starting out light in the murray Football league and will play his first game in a couple of weeks from now. He's only 25, give him a year to get right and I reckon we can get a good 4 years of goalsneakin joy out of him. Plenty of space on our rookie list once we clear out Gault, Clarke, yagmoor, Hudson, and mooney.

I've always said he will be back can't wait to see this come to be.

Hope he goes well. Always liked him, particularly on the Queens Birthday!

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd rather Dick over Mooney but i don't think he is a realistic chance to come back.
If he's fit he's an improvement over Clarke, yagmoor, mooney, and Gault.
Brad has more natural talent in his pinky than half the senior list. Get him fit and he's a lock for the crumbing role.

Last edited:

blaze036

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gumbies FC
If he's fit he's an improvement over Clarke, yagmoor, mooney, and Gault.
Brad has more natural talent in his pinky than half the senior list. Get him fit and he's a lock for the crumbling role.

Clarke Yagmoor and Gault are poor players that will be delisted, Mooney is a kid who has been playing AFL for 3 years and needs more time to develop. Being better than them is no achievement and he is regularly on the sidelines anyway

Which team is going to be interested in a 25 year old player who has failed at 2 clubs and has a long history of serious injuries?

You could make this thread if he was consistently dominating the WAFL but jeez he is only just coming out of retirement for some amateur league... Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even want to play AFL again. Why are you so obsessed with Dick? It's not like he is even that great

Back