Brad Dick to return to football

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will the wink wink, nudge nudge, double entendres ever end?
What do you mean ?

Dick playing deep behind Sidebottom and Ball would be a great forward setup.

....just sayin that I think Dick's insertion into the team would give our forward line some real thrust and penetration! He's also a nice kick and can drill it down players throats so he could even be handy coming out of the back half.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
We have all his PB's and performance measures - so I would screen him against them to see if he still has it athletically.
Assuming of course he shows something in his current comeback.
He has skills that we need, and assuming he passes a medical I'd risk him on the rookie list because he has X-factor.

Yes his body is risk - but not if recruited as rookie.

I seem to remember a time when Walker at Carlton seemed to be having Shoulder reco after shoulder reco and couldn't get on the park. He has proven that being injury prone is not a life sentence.

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I remember that Dick did best when we cleared out the forward line and allowed him to play deep in the hole. I always liked his hardness too!

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
I remember that Dick did best when we cleared out the forward line and allowed him to play deep in the hole. I always liked his hardness too!
I have noticed doodles that since the Mason Cox thread went up you have been really enjoying the phallic genital and anal innuendo posts.

Keep up the good work :)

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have noticed doodles that since the Mason Cox thread went up you have been really enjoying the phallic genital and anal innuendo posts.

Keep up the good work :)
yeah i love a good dick joke... brings out the inner teenager in me.. sorry to all if I am taking it too far but at least I'm amusing myself.

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
At the end of the day, if we had space on the rookie list is there a reason why we wouldn't put him on it? We currently have superstars such as Corey Gault and Yagmoor on it, as well as Mooney on the int'll list. Not to mention the excitement machine that is Tony "No Games, No Worries" Armstrong on our senior list.

ColinMochrie

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would Brad Dick really want to move back to melbourne to play in the VFL for 5 weeks before getting injured? Pretty sure IF he plays for an AFL club it will be in WA.

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would Brad Dick really want to move back to melbourne to play in the VFL for 5 weeks before getting injured? Pretty sure IF he plays for an AFL club it will be in WA.
He's already moved back to VIC.
Not sure if he's living in Melbourne but he plays for Rumbalara Football Club in Shepparten.
He kicked 9 goals last week vs Cobram and was BOG.
Coming along nicely.

blaze036

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gumbies FC
He's already moved back to VIC.
Not sure if he's living in Melbourne but he plays for Rumbalara Football Club in Shepparten.
He kicked 9 goals last week vs Cobram and was BOG.
Coming along nicely.

What are Cobram's small defenders like? I heard joe was out injured

Ocram69

Debutant
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL Team
He's an excellent player. I think he is being misused in defence, he would do much better as a half forward working up the ground where his elite kick could be utilised for goal kicking and delivery in to the forward line.
He was recruited to fill a hole in the backline but since there is little need for that now we might find we see his full potential in a new role.
Agree with this, have watched Armstrong last couple of weeks and he definitely looks more comfortable further up the ground. He has a beautiful kick on him that's for sure and he gets into good positions. Has kicked 4 beautiful goals in 2 games playing wing half/forward maybe that's his spot

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brad kicked 5 goals in the murray vs Sunraysia interleague on the weekend.
Basically won the game off his own boot.
Momentum is building..

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
It's great to see that Brad Dick is doing well outside of the AFL. I really loved watching him play when he was with us. A genuinely likeable bloke.

I noticed he was picked for the Murray Footy league rep team recently alongside former AFL football players Damian Cupido and Nathan Lovett Murray. Other notable names included Elijah Edwards and Mitch Sidebottom. There is some strong Collingwood connections out there.

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's great to see that Brad Dick is doing well outside of the AFL. I really loved watching him play when he was with us. A genuinely likeable bloke.

I noticed he was picked for the Murray Footy league rep team recently alongside former AFL football players Damian Cupido and Nathan Lovett Murray. Other notable names included Elijah Edwards and Mitch Sidebottom. There is some strong Collingwood connections out there.
Yes this was the game yesterday he kicked 5 in..

Babylove

Premiership Player
May 3, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
What are Cobram's small defenders like? I heard joe was out injured
Not sure but Cobram is the Murray League's cellar dwellers and are regularly getting thumped (there has been a match this year where they didn't score at all). Playing well against them this year isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure but Cobram is the Murray League's cellar dwellers and are regularly getting thumped (there has been a match this year where they didn't score at all). Playing well against them this year isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
Well he was best on ground in the inter league the following week, with all the best players across the league so backed himself up despite the 9 goals not coming against the best competitors.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
I said he should have been trialled at full back in the preseason to see how he goes. Worth a look and not such a big deal for the board queens to go in to meltdown over.
He's had one good game out of seven with such tight competition for spots he need to find consistent form, learn to convert better, or have a spell in the twos till he gets right. We've got a 10 player depth at the moment there should be no tolerance for any player to be playing poorly, not even captains. Again not such an outrageous theory.
Sorry Brad but couldn't let this go. You are not suggesting that a couple of months after a player finishes a few goals from the Coleman medal and gets selected as an All Australian forward we should have made the decision to play him at full back in the pre season- are you??

I am not immune to seeing what Brad Dick produces on his return. Very talented player- I'd much rather have him on the list than Armstrong.

Back