News Brad Hartman - Charged with driving offence

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep agree with this. I know of quite a few people who have bumped another car in a carpark and simply moved on.
To own up to it, is not a bad thing.

The police charging him is a bit over the top, this is a civil matter and should be taken care that way.

To the letter of the law perhaps he left the scene of an accident.

But how the hell are you gonna promote people to do the right thing if he gets charged after fixing his mistake….

And im counting for a little perspective here too.. It was a car park accident - not a road accident…

Go Catters

I think the coppers have to abide the law no matter what. It will be the courts that give him the leeway. Certainly sounds like a fairly innocuous circumstance and you suspect the only main bother to come out of it all for Brad will be the court time & date interrupting his training schedule, plus the damage he will need to pay to the other car.

The jacks almost always charge you in these cases (a) because it's the law (b) they've only your word for it that you weren't committing some other driving offence, and (c) you might have delayed reporting it because you were pissed.

It's part of the unwritten obligation of a coach to be optimistic, to 'sell' the side to its supporters and opposition, even when that optimism might not be fully justified.

It is also the AFL's deliberate strategy, for the good of the game, to immediately begin dismantling the power of a premiership side by starving it of draft picks etc to ensure the equality of the competition.

Like how Hawthorn collapsed down the ladder after missing the Grand Final in 2011 you mean?

Like how Hawthorn collapsed down the ladder after missing the Grand Final in 2011 you mean?

It hasn't worked as quickly over the last few seasons because of the distortions introduced by the GCS/GWS draft advantages; they have limited the ability of 2nd tier sides to top up and improve their lists with quality younger players.

Yep agree with this. I know of quite a few people who have bumped another car in a carpark and simply moved on.
To own up to it, is not a bad thing.

The police charging him is a bit over the top, this is a civil matter and should be taken care that way.

Yeah - i think the police are way over the top

God some of the things i did when i was in my 20s( long time ago)

Went to some entertainment on a Friday night in the city - all the official car parks were full - people - thus just followed like sheep and parked where they could - i parked in a govt building car park - when i returned about midnight - theyd put a chain accross the entrance - so you couldnt get out - there was no way known i was been locked in for the weekend - so i put the front bonnet of the car on the chain ( making sure no one was about) and gave the accelerator full throttle - thinking it would break the chain - actually what happened- the chain didnt break - but one of the posts holding the chain actually lifted right out of the ground - and flung straight over the top of the car - with the chain still attached - i was on my way - i took off like a thief in the night - never heard another thing about it

Yeah - i think the police are way over the top

God some of the things i did when i was in my 20s( long time ago)

Went to some entertainment on a Friday night in the city - all the official car parks were full - people - thus just followed like sheep and parked where they could - i parked in a govt building car park - when i returned about midnight - theyd put a chain accross the entrance - so you couldnt get out - there was no way known i was been locked in for the weekend - so i put the front bonnet of the car on the chain ( making sure no one was about) and gave the accelerator full throttle - thinking it would break the chain - actually what happened- the chain didnt break - but one of the posts holding the chain actually lifted right out of the ground - and flung straight over the top of the car - with the chain still attached - i was on my way - i took off like a thief in the night - never heard another thing about it

I'm lovin' these bingle stories better than Brad's (tomorrows fish and chip paper.)
Might start a thread, no doubt we've all made several stupid but funny minor mistakes.

I hit an old falcon in an IGA car park, belonging to a 90 year old Italian man who cried like a baby,
his first ever accident. :oops: I think he was semi at fault, hoped he wouldn't remember it.;)
Valour got the better of me and took some cold hard cash out to their house.
Came home loaded up with tomatoes, pickled onions, apples and humility.
No copper (or priest) could teach that lesson.

But how the hell are you gonna promote people to do the right thing if he gets charged after fixing his mistake….

And im counting for a little perspective here too.. It was a car park accident - not a road accident…

Go Catters

That's it though, car park incident. I have a few police mates who think the charge is a joke. Usually they just send a letter to the
person saying you were seen leaving an accident (as you may not know you just tapped the other car), and it is usually handled
in a civil manner, i.e. they pay up.

For the police to charge him is extremely soft and I bet the magistrate will just roll the eyes at it, that is of course if the public
prosecutor goes ahead with this.

Go Catters

Daz, what makes you think the incident occurred in a car park not on the road?

Daz, what makes you think the incident occurred in a car park not on the road?

I was pretty sure the original report stated it was in a car park. I ve been wrong before - and will be again…:oops:

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have ridden into parked cars twice on my bicycle as a teenager. Drivers need to get these things off the streets!! :eek: ;)

A 14 year-old Tongan kid accidentally rode his bike into a parked car at a local cricket ground a while back and did more than $1000 worth of damage.
Of course, he was a big 14-y-o, weighing, I kid you not, 18 stone.

A 14 year-old Tongan kid accidentally rode his bike into a parked car at a local cricket ground a while back and did more than $1000 worth of damage.
Of course, he was a big 14-y-o, weighing, I kid you not, 18 stone.
I would've been 6-7 stone dripping wet. Definitely nothing damaged apart from my pride and I broke a watchband in the first incident :(

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...eaving-the-scene/story-fnjuhovy-1227166909679

WTF does the TAC have to do with this ?
Those ******s stick their noses in over everything.There was nothing in the Smedts incident,apart from being a massive tool for taking a selfie,and there's nothing in this for them to get involved.

This is a mob whose whose own workers have shithouse driving records and do things like run red lights or speed in TAC company cars.

and look what story is in the papers today

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...nning-red-lights/story-fni0fit3-1227175310582

So going by their rules, should the government take their sponsorship away :)

They lose their booze cruise at years end…..:oops:

Go Catters

I would have stopped. Looked aroud. made sure people saw me, then written a note that says "Dear owner of mazda with the Hawthorn stickers on it. I just hit your car. So as not to arouse suspicion, i have stopped to write this note, so the bystanders looking at me think im leaving my details. Im not. Merry Christmas you brown and gold muppet.
#1-Hawthorn revenge fantasy 2015 :thumbsu:

+ it's posts like this one that makes BF so much fun! :rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back