Opinion Brad Hartman

Remove this Banner Ad

Have been a big fan of Cowan since I saw him tear it up at Princes park in a Full NAB cup game v Carltons big name midfield. He was just a kid then and clearly one on our best drafts (at 55 I think).

Like others have been very disappointed with lack of info on the lad this year. I found the MH370 references humorous in a dark sort of way.

It's just unfortunate, there are always good players whose bodies simply don't let them play top flight football. It could be that Cowan is one of them.

Just watched the VFL game again and reinforced what I saw live.
Kid is fast, aggressive, big, great skills and has shown so much more than his first outings last year.
Not sure that makes for an AFL game yet but his progress is very very good. That Brad Hill type pace and movement in a bigger stronger body has some crazy heights to reach....

Looking good so far...

Go CAtters

Kid is fast, aggressive, big, great skills and has shown so much more than his first outings last year.
Not sure that makes for an AFL game yet but his progress is very very good. That Brad Hill type pace and movement in a bigger stronger body has some crazy heights to reach....

Looking good so far...

Go CAtters

All you can ask for is improvement. In the present climate of either amazing success or deplorable failure (there is no in between) I'm not sure how patient people will be for him to get more time to develop in the VFL, but it sounds like it's working at the moment.

Looking good so far...

Go CAtters

Thats my feeling too. Hartman's scaffold is now built, but there is more to be done to allow him to develop to AFL best 22. Not quite the pace of Hill (IMO)but he does seem to have the attitude of a Caddy or Martin. More versatile than Hill (if Hartman becomes a regular that is).

Now (as someone said) it would take a good draft pick to secure him .

For some reason that VFL game and the continued progress of Blicavs, GHS, Murdoch, Guthrie,and maybe Bews leaves me feeling much more positive about 2015,16,17.

Just on the VFL= with Shroder Brown Walker McCarthy Burbury and a fitter Kersten and maybe an AFL ruckman to add they look a good bet for premiers. Just stuck a little bet on- not enough to change the price!!:)

They were. He's very good but not perfect. His rookie choices have been ordinary.

You mean Max Rooke, Shagga Byrnes, Blitz or some others…. Even Luxford looks promising….

Bloke is not gonna be 100%... ever. As averages go amongst recruiters, I'll take his every time…

Go Catters

You mean Max Rooke, Shagga Byrnes, Blitz or some others…. Even Luxford looks promising….

Bloke is not gonna be 100%... ever. As averages go amongst recruiters, I'll take his every time…

Go Catters

Beat me to it Daz.

Go Catters

Yep. You could also add in guys like Carrazzo, Mumford, Laidler and Podsiadly. Even guys like Stringer, Simpkin, Sheringham and Walker are ok AFL players.

Have been a big fan of Cowan since I saw him tear it up at Princes park in a Full NAB cup game v Carltons big name midfield. He was just a kid then and clearly one of our best drafts (at 55 I think).

Like others have been very disappointed with lack of info on the lad this year. I found the MH370 references humorous in a dark sort of way.
That pic of Cowan in "Lost" is pretty funny, too. If I was clever enough, I'd have given him a red and white striped beanie and jumper and a pair of glasses, a la "Where's Wally", and hidden him in the middle of a crowd at the footy ;)
Glad someone finally found him :)

Go Catters
I said he's not perfect - read 100%. No one expects that but a cursory look back will see his rookie picks have been his weakness. As opposed to the Hawks who have been exceptionally good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great show from Hartman today - more of what ive seen in the VFL. Watching him thru the game at the bench he was stuffed and in the last just had nothing left so his message will be tank tank tank - as in fitness not bottom out!

Got to see some real glimpses of some class there too. That deft touch off to Stokes and his hardness at the ball was very encouraging to see it translate at the highest level. Will be in the mix going forward and should see more games this year. A great debut with more to come.

GO Catters

Could be an option this season as a bit of a super sub. Probably not fit enough to play week in week out as an AFL midfielder but as a sub I think he could really have an impact. Lang too was impressive and definitely made an impact kicking a goal and laying six tackles in a half of footy.

Impressed with his decision making and composure.

Also has that something (refer to his touch to stokes).

Looks like he may develop into a bigger version of stokes. Exciting.

That was brilliant. Wells will sleep well tonight... AGAIN....

Can we get F/S on Wells just quietly......

Go Catters

This time last year Hartman was just a skinny young kid with no tank and not a lot of strength, who showed very occasional flashes of talent but went missing for long stretches of a game. He's come from a long way back to be BOG on Satday and pushing for a senior game now. Well done, young man.

WTF! Are we talking about the same kid? He was a bit of a pudding this time last year. If anything he has lost a good deal of puppy fat since last year. The rest of the post I have no dramas with.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back