• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

detox

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am going to update this game by game. I think most people will vote Stephen, but I think Brad is FAST closing the gap, and could overtake him this season.

Stats so far this season

Stephen
Vs Collingwood - 16 kicks, 9 Handballs, 2 marks 0 tackles, 1.1
Vs Gold Coast - 13 kicks, 10 Handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 1.0

Brad -
Vs Brisbane - 11 kicks, 15 handballs, 4 marks, 2 tackles
Vs Essendon - 14 kicks, 8 handballs, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 1.1

Lets call it an even slate, with Stephen having the slightly better first round, Brad having the slightly better second round

Will update weekly.

I am going to update this game by game. I think most people will vote Stephen, but I think Brad is FAST closing the gap, and could overtake him this season.

Stats so far this season

Stephen
Vs Collingwood - 16 kicks, 9 Handballs, 2 marks 0 tackles, 1.1
Vs Gold Coast - 13 kicks, 10 Handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 1.0

Brad -
Vs Brisbane - 11 kicks, 15 handballs, 4 marks, 2 tackles
Vs Essendon - 14 kicks, 8 handballs, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 1.1

Lets call it an even slate, with Stephen having the slightly better first round, Brad having the slightly better second round

Will update weekly.

I thought their first rounds were about the same.
Would take Stephen's 2nd round game over Brad's though (Stephen I thought was top 5 whereas Brad was 5-10 on the ground).

Stephen easily.
Brads output might look comparable, but hes never had an opponent anywhere near him. If he was more outside you'd see him running around in the carpark.

Stephen is actually a much better contested player then many think, he plays very well in traffic hence his average this season so far of 10 contested possesions per game. Stephen has also tripled Brad Inside 50 count.

I thought their first rounds were about the same.
Would take Stephen's 2nd round game over Brad's though (Stephen I thought was top 5 whereas Brad was 5-10 on the ground).

Maybe picking Hairs, id put Brad as probably 5th vs Essendon. For the sake of comparison though best to start them even. Award them round by round via debate if there is a clear winner

Stephen easily.
Brads output might look comparable, but hes never had an opponent anywhere near him. If he was more outside you'd see him running around in the carpark.

Stephen is actually a much better contested player then many think, he plays very well in traffic hence his average this season so far of 10 contested possesions per game. Stephen has also tripled Brad Inside 50 count.

I dont think Stephen is copping as much heat as he used to. Coaches are putting more effort into Freo's pure inside Mids.

Season averages probably not relevant at this stage.

I dont think Stephen is copping as much heat as he used to. Coaches are putting more effort into Freo's pure inside Mids.

Season averages probably not relevant at this stage.

Why did you detail their season stats then?

Why did you detail their season stats then?

To explain the basis behind starting them at an even slate, by saying they have had relatively similar outputs so far (due to that being an easier way to start a comparison thread 2 weeks late).

At only 2 rounds into the season we don't know if Stephen is going to maintain that CP average ratio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldnt imagine the absolute belting B Hill would cop if he recieved a Crowley tag. Stephen on the other hand has dealt with tags his whole career and gotten to the stage where he's still having a very good impact on games (20+ possies) whilst getting a hard run with player- almost ready to break out atm.

Well that's just blatantly wrong. Nearly always hits a target.
Whenever I watch him he misses the target at least half the time. Take the Brown and Gold glasses off.

Whenever I watch him he misses the target at least half the time. Take the Brown and Gold glasses off.

Take your black and red glasses off. You search for the errors and negative plays when you hate a team. I stand by what I said, one of the best kicks to a leading player in the Hawthorn side. I watch this team every week and replays, he is one I can rely on most of the time to hit up a target.

His kicking was a bit off when he first came but it's the area he has improved the most.

Take your black and red glasses off. You search for the errors and negative plays when you hate a team. I stand by what I said, one of the best kicks to a leading player in the Hawthorn side. I watch this team every week and replays, he is one I can rely on most of the time to hit up a target.

His kicking was a bit off when he first came but it's the area he has improved the most.
And you can't accept others opinions criticizing an area of weakness for a player. Honestly, of Friday night's team for Hawthorn, I would only rather him have the ball ahead of Ceglar, Duryea and Hale. The rest are better users of the pill, as simple as that.

And you can't accept others opinions criticizing an area of weakness for a player. Honestly, of Friday night's team for Hawthorn, I would only rather him have the ball ahead of Ceglar, Duryea and Hale. The rest are better users of the pill, as simple as that.

In that team, which just quietly is an extremely efficient team by foot, I would rather Hill have the ball than Lewis, Simpkin, Smith, Shiels, Cheney, Langford, Hale, Ceglar, Spangher Litherland, Puopolo and possibly Duryea.

He's definitely one of our better kicks. I'm guessing you've only watched him a couple of times. His kicking wasn't that great against Freo early on. Sooner rather than later he'll be one of our best players too. Duryea is a very good kick as well. Hale is also a decent kick, both at field klcking and goal kicking, just because he's a ruck doesn't mean he can't kick.

I couldnt imagine the absolute belting B Hill would cop if he recieved a Crowley tag. Stephen on the other hand has dealt with tags his whole career and gotten to the stage where he's still having a very good impact on games (20+ possies) whilst getting a hard run with player- almost ready to break out atm.
Crowley wouldn't be able to keep up.

Back