Toast Brad Sewell - 200 games, 2 flags, a fine Hawthorn servant. Record your respect here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Legend of our club, forever. Thanks, Sewelly. To think all those years ago you were considered too slow to play in the midfield. You sure proved them wrong. All the very best in the future, in whatever capacity you may find yourself.

One of my favourite players and I'm going to miss him :(

Grit and determination and a warrior approach to the game has served him well and a well deserved b&f, 2 x premiership player. As selfish as it is, I don't want to see him wearing another clubs colours.

No matter what you do or where you go young Bradley, I wish you nothing but the very best

200 games, 2 Premierships and a B&F.

A tough, determined warrior, well done Sewelly - complete respect for the way you have gone about it.

Big game player!!!

Thank you Brad.

Yep...Sewell played an integral role in the emergence of the Hawks under coach Alastair Clarkson. A 2003 rookie draft selection, he was the 2007 best and fairest and finished second in 2012, when he most likely would have won the Norm Smith medal had the Hawks defeated the Swans in the grand final.
He gave his all and more in every game he played for the HFC and added to its great culture..I hope he gets rewarded by the club through employment of same sort of a role to mentor our young developing players...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player. I loved his heart, how he used to go after the ball. However, I recognised this season that he had lost a bit of speed and was little bit slow at times. I fully understand the club decision not to offer him another year. I wish him all the best and even if he decides to play at another club I still be cheering him on.

Articulate, precise, accurate, selfless, considerate. A wonderful and personal speech from a true champion. Need to get him on the coaching team ASAP.
Has coach written all over him except I worry he's too nice a bloke for it. Give him a go at Hawks for a while would be great. Smart and tough bloke who hasn't had things handed to him on a platter

Intelligent, articulate and fantastic knowledge of what it takes to make a club great.

If he doesn't do media, clubs will be lining up to sign him as an assistant.

I caught the second half of his speech, if someone could link it as I couldn't find, it would be much appreciated.

From what I saw we will all be better human beings for having seen it, it was fantastic.

Has coach written all over him except I worry he's too nice a bloke for it. Give him a go at Hawks for a while would be great. Smart and tough bloke who hasn't had things handed to him on a platter

Bolts seems like a genuinely nice, happy bloke - apparently can be tough as nails on the players when needed though. Sewell is a must for our coaching department I hope!

Wonderful hawthorn person and a fantastic footballer. It is the one regret of this era that the bloke who deserved it most missed out on redemption for 2012 by smashing the swans. He carried us that awful day.

But is a two time premiership player and leaves a much loved hawthorn icon.

Still has footy in him. As much as I'd love him to be a one club player, I think he has much to offer a young side in terms of hardness and leadership.

A player who got the BEST out of the god given talents he had..... Focused , determined , driven and diligent.
A champion of the game ?..... no I don't see it that way.
A champion of expectations. .......he exceeded them all so I would say YES. ...!!
Those who can look back on there footy and say they have nothing left are the real champs in my eyes ......
Brad Sewell is one of those people.
Thanks Champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back