Brad Sewell

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's Luke Ball.

People underrate him for the same reasons they underrate Ball. "One dimensional", "bad disposal", "slow plodders", etc. But they play a pivotal inside support role that is vital to the midfield structure of both teams. Both of them are also big game players. If Hawthorn had won the GF last year (and thank god they didn't lol), Sewell would take home Normie.

I'd say Ball is the better player by a noticeable margin, but like Ball, Sewell does not get the respect he deserves outside of the club's supporter base. Which I find weird, because most people seem to rate Priddis (not as a star, but as a B+ inside mid) and I'd say Sewell is easily a better player than Priddis.

But seeing as we already have Ball and they're the same age, do not want. We need a young mid ready to step into Ball's shoes when he goes, not someone who will retire with him.

To begin with, I can't imagine Sewell wanting to leave Hawthorn, or Hawthorn offering him up for trade.

Can someone just start a thread for used recycled players called "Wanted - Retirement Village" or "Look How We ****ed Up Our Recruiting" or "Bring Out Your Dead"

tumblr_m2sp5rzK6l1r6fra8.gif

No way his no better then Ball and the same age
Will someone blow this thread up. Surely recruiting guys like Lynch, Hudson, White, Young & Armstrong would tell you recruiting rejects from other teams isn't going to help us. It's time Sewelly hung up his boots & joind the media. Time to kill this thread.

Will someone blow this thread up. Surely recruiting guys like Lynch, Hudson, White, Young & Armstrong would tell you recruiting rejects from other teams isn't going to help us. It's time Sewelly hung up his boots & joind the media. Time to kill this thread.

Armstrong will be a good pick up

If he is too slow for the Hawks midfield, why do we want him?

We should be adding pace and kicking ability, both of which Sewell doesn't bring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's time Sewelly hung up his boots & joind the media.

Please no!

Seems like a good bloke and is well spoken but current TV coverage doesn't need another good bloke with little insight into the workings of the game. Seven seem to employ about thirty of them.

Hell no but if we go by your mentality that our list only needs to develop now we won't be going anywhere. Must recruit some decent players.

I'm not sure how you have made that connection. Not wanting Sewell is hardly an indicator that I think we have all the players we need to be successful.

I'm not sure how you have made that connection. Not wanting Sewell is hardly an indicator that I think we have all the players we need to be successful.
I'll quote you. "We already have plenty of youngest coming through and Ball and Swan in the next 1-2 years." That's where the connection is made.
Ball is gone and youngest coming through for 1-2 years isn't a reason to think we already have a made for us.

I'll quote you. "We already have plenty of youngest coming through and Ball and Swan in the next 1-2 years." That's where the connection is made.
Ball is gone and youngest coming through for 1-2 years isn't a reason to think we already have a made for us.

I know you think you are on to something here TG, and you are keen to make me look foolish but to be honest with you I could not give a s**t what you say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back