Sport Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Intense couple of matches overnight, both Argentina and Belgium needing extra time to get through, Tim Howard World Cup record 16 saves for the US :eek:

Argenmessi get through, but they're really not looking great this WC. Belgium pretty average too so that will be an underwhelming quarter unless something spectacular happens. Really liking Columbia to take it out, honestly reckon they'll trounce Brazil, who aren't looking too solid themselves.

Not a word about the score in this morning's semi final?

More a case of Brazil were really really bad and Germany took their chances.

A team with a real defence likely doesn't concede most of those goals. Only the Klose goal I wouldn't put down to bad defending or bad team play.

Still with Argentina now though to the final I would expect a tighter match with Argentina to set out to defend but that will allow Germany to control possession and win 2-0

It will be an interesting final. It's almost new football vs old football.

Hopefully the tradition of the final being the worst game of the cup won't come to fruition.

Winner - Germany (will break the European team in South America hoodoo)
Runner Up - Argentina

Dark Horse - Belgium
Golden Boot/Leading Goalscorer - Lionel Messi (he'll run amuck in the group stage)
Result of Australia's Matches - 3-1 loss to Chile, 2-0 loss to Netherlands, 2-0 loss to Spain

Still in it!:)

Not sure if anyone saw the tweets from the 'FIFA Corruption' account this morning:

THERE was a flurry of excitement on Twitter this morning, with an account called “FIFA Corruption” seemingly having predicted the decisive moment of the World Cup final hours ahead of time.
German midfielder Mario Goetze scored the game’s only goal in the 113th minute, as his nation became the first European team to win a World Cup in South America.
The Twitter account in question has gained thousands of followers since Goetze’s goal. About 14 hours before the final started, it posted a number of tweets which seemed to predict the correct outcome.
Don’t get too excited.
The account actually tweeted every possible scenario ahead of time, then retrospectively deleted all of the incorrect ones.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...-world-cup-final/story-fnkjl6g2-1226987886361

Yeah i seen that on Reddit.

Ah well, pretty depressing it's over for another 4 years.

Might crack into the Euro qualifications. Scotland plays Germany in 2 months. :/ I'd like to say we're in an easy group, but knowing Scotland we'd get an unbelievable result then follow it up with a shocker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back