FTA-TV Breaking Bad Season 5 ***SPOILERS***

Remove this Banner Ad

What makes it any more of a mini series than something like The Wire?
True Detective is a story that ends in one season. With actors and characters who are only there for one season.

The Wire carried the same characters, and followed the same stories, on in later seasons.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
This story about the Florida mum [oops,mom] who started a petition to ban BB action figures in Toys'R'us in the USA is your typical Yank nutbag.
TRU finally gave in the other day and banned them and Bryan Cranstons reply was hilarious

Bryan Cranston ‏@BryanCranston Oct 20
"Florida mom petitions against Toys 'R Us over Breaking Bad action figures." I'm so mad, I'm burning my Florida Mom action figure in protest

Now Aaron Paul has come out fighting for them to be re-instated

Aaron Paul @aaronpaul_8 · 8h8 hours ago
Dear @ToysRUs, We have close to 30,000 signed on the petition, that is 3 times the amount that caused you to remove the toys. Talk to me. Ap

but he makes a bloody good point here
Aaron Paul @aaronpaul_8 · Oct 23
And what about all of the violent video games you sell @ToysRUs ? Do you still sell those? Florida mom really messed it up for everyone.

If that moms kids are teenagers I'll bet they have violent games

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/busines...res-at-toys-r-us/story-fnkjkoks-1227101828257

tumblr_mhlajrfzLf1r0ufaco1_500.jpg

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
This story about the Florida mum [oops,mom] who started a petition to ban BB action figures in Toys'R'us in the USA is your typical Yank nutbag.
TRU finally gave in the other day and banned them and Bryan Cranstons reply was hilarious

Bryan Cranston ‏@BryanCranston Oct 20
"Florida mom petitions against Toys 'R Us over Breaking Bad action figures." I'm so mad, I'm burning my Florida Mom action figure in protest

Now Aaron Paul has come out fighting for them to be re-instated

Aaron Paul @aaronpaul_8 · 8h8 hours ago
Dear @ToysRUs, We have close to 30,000 signed on the petition, that is 3 times the amount that caused you to remove the toys. Talk to me. Ap

but he makes a bloody good point here
Aaron Paul @aaronpaul_8 · Oct 23
And what about all of the violent video games you sell @ToysRUs ? Do you still sell those? Florida mom really messed it up for everyone.

If that moms kids are teenagers I'll bet they have violent games

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/busines...res-at-toys-r-us/story-fnkjkoks-1227101828257

tumblr_mhlajrfzLf1r0ufaco1_500.jpg

Aaron Paul also tweeted about Barbie still being available despite causing many girls life issues trying to live up to an impossible image...clearly pissed off.

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Aaron Paul also tweeted about Barbie still being available despite causing many girls life issues trying to live up to an impossible image...clearly pissed off.

Aaron Paul is just awesome full stop!

From the Price is Right, to Jesse Pinkman, to his work for the under privileged to the Treasure Hunts he did before premieres and the like!

Cranston also tweeted about sending the "Florida mom action figures" to Belize! :D

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok, so i am probably posting in the wrong thread for this, considering it is probably laden with spoilers all over the place, but how much further should i stick with this show for? I've watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 and didn't really enjoy it. But people are telling me to stick with it. How much longer should i? lol.

If you lot would be so kind as to hold off the spoilers for just a little bit (until i am filled in on what makes the show great from a few of you. I hope this is ok? :p) as i don't know anything about how the story develops except for a death near the end of season 5 or something. But other than that, i only know of what's occured in the first 3 episodes.
Just caught up on the last few pages.

Did you end up watching the lot??

BloodRet

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
Anyone bothered to re-watch this? I'm in the process of it now, gliding freely through the 3rd season (just finished One Minute). Just as good as watching it the first time round, still thoroughly enjoyable and it's hard to remember everything that happens from watching it once so there's a few nice surprises which I had forgotten about along the way, and of course there is always a couple of extra things you pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.

I dunno man, i just couldn't get into some of the episodes to be honest.

It's always hard to enjoy something when so many people have built it up............ but come on, Breaking Bad is a freaking Masterpiece ;)

True man! I think that's why i wanted to get into it. :p I gave it a decent crack though, and i haven't ruled out going back to it..... Watch this space. :D

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
It must be good! 189 pages for a TV series, is there any other show that comes close? :p

The Sopranos and The Wire are both up there, but saying Breaking Bad belongs in their company is about the highest praise a show can receive.

Though if you were midway through season 3 and not feeling it... I honestly don't know :p

Ed: Just realised you are the same guy who thinks all of the Mario games are crap... There is truly no saving you :p

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Anyone bothered to re-watch this? I'm in the process of it now, gliding freely through the 3rd season (just finished One Minute). Just as good as watching it the first time round, still thoroughly enjoyable and it's hard to remember everything that happens from watching it once so there's a few nice surprises which I had forgotten about along the way, and of course there is always a couple of extra things you pick up.

Yeah the show slightly grew in esteem for me on rewatch (even though I already rated it very highly). When S4 hit DVD I rewatched the entire series up to that point, and was blown away with the standalone quality of each episode. Despite being richly suspenseful, it's nevertheless been of a very high quality from start-to-finish. I still haven't gotten around to rewatching S5 yet, but my youngest brother has seen the entire series about 4 times. It almost always has a rich vein of black humour, which also helps. For instance, that final episode with Tuco on first watch is utter agony, but with the safety of second watch is brilliant (if excruciating) black comedy.

Agreed, there are always the odd subplots one has all but forgotten about, which are excellent to relive again. Most shows have these.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I recently watched all of The Sopranos, and although it was good, I'd have it a level below BB
Yeah, it was a great show, but The Sopranos probably wouldn't overly trouble my all-time top 10. I found that other shows just kept bringing it each season, finding new ways to keep it all fresh, whereas The Sopranos really only had that addict thing going for a season or two. Still quality and immensely watchable throughout though, but it just didn't reinvent itself continuously like some other dramas, it fell into a formula very quickly for me. It's been about 5 years, so I'm probably due for a rewatch actually, my memory of the seasons is very hazy. I think I watched S1 in 36 hours actually, was practically a record for me.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
The Sopranos and The Wire are both up there, but saying Breaking Bad belongs in their company is about the highest praise a show can receive.

Though if you were midway through season 3 and not feeling it... I honestly don't know :p

Ed: Just realised you are the same guy who thinks all of the Mario games are crap... There is truly no saving you :p

Haha well it's only now i am starting to realise why i have no friends.... :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back