FTA-TV Breaking Bad Season 5 ***SPOILERS***

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I did want answered was the brief scene with Jesse making a box, which then transitioned to present day of him chained up cooking meth for the Nazi's. Was trying to work out if it was a flashforward or flashback? I assumed it was a scene of Jesse in the future, putting his hand skills to a better use, by making a cigarette/cigar box, or (something I thought was more appropriate given the smile on his face) even a box to store the ashes of Brock's mum.

Anyone have any theories?

i assumed it was a flashback referring to the story Jesse told at one of his counselling sessions of how he tried at school one year to make the box over and over until it was perfect.

watched it all over the last month after having a few people recommend it to me the last few years.

Have to admit i found the first 2 seasons to be a bit of a slow burner but a friend told me i must continue and I'm glad i did as season 3 or 4 were awesome and season 5 was good as well.

some gut feels while watching were Hank was always going to die but i thought Walt was going to do it when Hank was driving him back after putting him in handcuffs.

had a feeling Walt was always going to kill Jesse but before watching the final episode i was pretty confident he was going to escape the nazis and live in the end.

like some i also found the ending to be a bit underwhelming but after thinking about it i think its due to how good the 2 episode were before it and i haven't ruled out the theory that Walt died in the car and the rest of the episode is a dream sequence!

my fav moments/episodes

- death of tuco
- walt crying then laughing in the crawl space
- gus poisoning the cartel around the pool
- walts last conversation with Skylar
- freight train heist
- Ozymandias

like some i also found the ending to be a bit underwhelming but after thinking about it i think its due to how good the 2 episode were before it and i haven't ruled out the theory that Walt died in the car and the rest of the episode is a dream sequence!
M8.jpg

Although some really great episodes would be missed, I almost wish they finished the show after season 4. Mainly because it felt like a more natural end and because for mine they screwed up Jesse's character in season 5.

The finale of season 4 is undeniably great, but you can't just end it with no-one knowing who Heisenberg is. The story needed an ending and it had to be Hank to find it out. How many people would've thought in Season 1 that they'd be on Hank's side willing him to catch Walt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hank is someone that I'd absolutely hate if I knew them in real life. Not that Walt isn't a douchebag and a crim making the worst drug ever but for mine you still tend to side with him as the protagonist, at least for the first 4 series.

I think that's why it's one of the best shows of all time. Hank is an absolute w***er for most of the show and there is so much enjoyment from him coming so close yet never quite getting it. But as Walt gets more extreme and less likeable, Hank starts coming out as the hero. His recovery from the attack from the twins was the turning point for me. There are 3 moments late in the season that show how well they developed his character:

1. Him punching Walt in the garage. They basically started Part 2 of the last season with having to choose sides and I was surprised that I had no internal debate. I was Team Hank all the way. That punch was all kinds of awesome!

2. He and Marie watching Walt's blackmail tape was heart-wrenching. It was such a cold, calculated move that showed how loyal and trusting Hank had been to his brother-in-law. Ouch.

3. His death. Obviously. One of the most poignant scenes in the show's history.

I may have hated him at the start, but I was on his side for most of the last 2/3 seasons. I just assumed everyone else did too!

I think that's why it's one of the best shows of all time. Hank is an absolute ****** for most of the show and there is so much enjoyment from him coming so close yet never quite getting it. But as Walt gets more extreme and less likeable, Hank starts coming out as the hero. His recovery from the attack from the twins was the turning point for me. There are 3 moments late in the season that show how well they developed his character:

1. Him punching Walt in the garage. They basically started Part 2 of the last season with having to choose sides and I was surprised that I had no internal debate. I was Team Hank all the way. That punch was all kinds of awesome!

2. He and Marie watching Walt's blackmail tape was heart-wrenching. It was such a cold, calculated move that showed how loyal and trusting Hank had been to his brother-in-law. Ouch.

3. His death. Obviously. One of the most poignant scenes in the show's history.

I may have hated him at the start, but I was on his side for most of the last 2/3 seasons. I just assumed everyone else did too!
Yep. The protagonist becomes the antagonist. If they'd started the show in S3 or S4 everyone would've hated Walt. But they did it so well that we didn't.

well, i am happy to say that Mrs Billy Ray and myself finally got around to watching the whole series over the last few weeks - we managed to avoid spoilers and not talk to anyone about it since it first aired so we went in not knowing what to expect at all.
Suffice to say, we were enthralled, captivated and loved every minute.
I have spent the last few days reading this entire thread and recalling all the memories.

Definitely up there with Sopranos (which we did watch at the time) in terms of character development, writing, and the like.

Next on our list to watch is the Wire. Another one we have managed to avoid spoilers and news since it first aired.

gvLJowz.jpg

Still piss myself when I come across these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back