BREAKING: Bulldogs to Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it was the AFL's intention to "expand" the game outside of Victoria.

If I was Footscray, I would push hard to play a season opener overseas in London when they have the opportunity to use The Oval before the English Cricket Season starts. That could do them many more wonders considering that people from Ballarat probably already support an AFL team of their own, whereas people in London probably have never seen a non-round Rugby ball in their life.

Their Bulldog mascot is an absolute freebie marker of identity to the English.

Clubs arent going to travel further than NZ for a match during the season proper.

Clubs arent going to travel further than NZ for a match during the season proper.
I should've also mentioned that the season opener is supposed to be the split round type we've seen in recent years. Therefore the Dogs would most likely play it in the very first week.

They would play it on a Saturday Arvo GMT which corresponds to a Saturday Night Australian Time. Then they and their opponent get a 15 day break to play on a Sunday in Round 2 to clear off any excessive jet lag from the trip halfway across the world.

If that's still not enough time for rest, I don't see why Round 1 shouldn't run for 3 weeks and the Dogs play their London game week earlier than everyone else (in early-mid March). It will guarantee that they will have the very first game every season over Richmond and Carlton.

I should've also mentioned that the season opener is supposed to be the split round type we've seen in recent years. Therefore the Dogs would most likely play it in the very first week.

They would play it on a Saturday Arvo GMT which corresponds to a Saturday Night Australian Time. Then they and their opponent get a 15 day break to play on a Sunday in Round 2 to clear off any excessive jet lag from the trip halfway across the world.

If that's still not enough time for rest, I don't see why Round 1 shouldn't run for 3 weeks and the Dogs play their London game week earlier than everyone else (in early-mid March). It will guarantee that they will have the very first game every season over Richmond and Carlton.

lol three weeks for one round. No one is going to sit still for that.

Western Bulldogs run by successful Lawyer. North run by a failed ex cricketer. Enough said.

Gordon really show cased his leadership skills in handling the McCartney "Macca" debacle. Classic case of being in the job for the ego rather than the club. Out if his depth and will continue to sink if he doesn't have original ideas.

Gordon really show cased his leadership skills in handling the McCartney "Macca" debacle. Classic case of being in the job for the ego rather than the club. Out if his depth and will continue to sink if he doesn't have original ideas.
Peter Gordan is in the job for the ego rather than the club? Are you ******* serious mate? You have absolutely no idea, everything Peter Gordan does or has done has been all for the club, he lives and breathes the club ffs.

You're a dumb campaigner if you truely believe that, to put it simply

Given the following of WA footy fans, the current arrangement seems to be working. That includes the Rugby Test in September.

WA fans are all happy with an arrangement where only ~5% of them get to see games live/use the stadium they're all spending hundreds of millions on, without any financial return to the government/taxpayers?

The government got elected on a platform to build it. Not sure what you're complaining about.

Kwality was complaining about government supported clubs...I pointed out the amount of government support WA clubs get.

Kwality was complaining about government supported clubs...I pointed out the amount of government support WA clubs get.

WA clubs also put millions back into grass roots football, something governments also like to put money into to encourage people to get off their ass. It's a win win. And really, no business of any other AFL club.

In regard to the new stadium, there will undoubtedly be a commercial deal with the government to use the facility. Using your logic, because the government built Perth Arena and Katy Perry played there last night, the government are supporting Katy Perry. And the Rolling Stones, the Perth Wildcats, and whoever else uses the venue.

WA clubs also put millions back into grass roots football, something governments also like to put money into to encourage people to get off their ass. It's a win win. And really, no business of any other AFL club.

In regard to the new stadium, there will undoubtedly be a commercial deal with the government to use the facility. Using your logic, because the government built Perth Arena and Katy Perry played there last night, the government are supporting Katy Perry. And the Rolling Stones, the Perth Wildcats, and whoever else uses the venue.

So? Kwality seems to have a problem with the Tasmanian government (for example) paying to have clubs fly in and play games, gathering tourism, economic activity, etc. I'm just assessing it by his standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So? Kwality seems to have a problem with the Tasmanian government (for example) paying to have clubs fly in and play games, gathering tourism, economic activity, etc. I'm just assessing it by his standards.

Direct money to a club is a little different to a government building infrastructure.

But I take your point. However, the people that need to sit in judgement are Tasmanians. If they dislike the arrangement, then let the government know.

Direct money to a club is a little different to a government building infrastructure.

But I take your point. However, the people that need to sit in judgement are Tasmanians. If they dislike the arrangement, then let the government know.

and like people in Perth voting for the stadium, they seem to approve.

Kwality however sees a major difference...one benefits Victorian clubs and is therefore bad.

Peter Gordan is in the job for the ego rather than the club? Are you ******* serious mate? You have absolutely no idea, everything Peter Gordan does or has done has been all for the club, he lives and breathes the club ffs.

You're a dumb campaigner if you truely believe that, to put it simply

He loves the spotlight. Loves it.

Lol how old are you?? Do you have any idea of the history of our game?? Research the 1989 Fightback and then tell me he is in it for his ego. Has done more for his club than any other President, 25 years ago he saved his club

What a clueless post

You really must do something about your comprehension, its shocking. You are at it again, trying to misrepresent what I said & then claiming your misrepresentation as my view. You've got form telsor.

Interesting, never knew a WANFL membership existed. What was it like? Essentially just free admittance to any WAFL match?

Membership gave entrance to Subi Oval using the Members Stand referred to. All State games & Finals were played at Subi as were Subiaco Footy Club home games. The view was very good by the standards of 60s.
Licenced premises (the WANFL Members Club) were of interest to some.
At that time it made joining Subi unattractive & coupled with a lean run onfield, they battled for survival as the only WANFL club without a licenced club.

The demise of the Members Club was only mourned by those using its privileges, & the AFL Members Club would be the same.

He loves the spotlight. Loves it.

Gordon is an aggressive businessman and president out of the Eddie McGuire mould. Opposition fans will hate him and try to discredit him at every turn, but he's a rich son of a bitch who knows what he is doing.

Brayshaw is a bumbling media figurehead who appeals to Gen Y and cross dresses on national TV.

Since Gordon's return to the top job, he's got Edgewater nearing completion (with a nod to Campbell Rose and David Smorgon), negotiated a better sponsorship deal for the club, overseen the re-introduction of the Footscray reserves team and following that, a redevelopment of Whitten Oval that will see it as a hub for the community, for sport in the west and for women's football.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. He's fighting hard for a level playing field, and rather than wasting his time engaging in megaphone diplomacy on boorish media programs that appeal to the shallower end of the gene pool, he's advancing the Bulldogs cause behind closed doors.

He's tipped millions out of his own pocket into the club, and during his first stint, played a pivotal role in saving the club. Tell me again that he's in it for the ego boost.

Back to your crayons.

How does this affect the passionate North Melbourne supporters in the Ballarat region they have been working to engage since going there.

Seems disappointing for these passionate loyal members who now don't have the option to not go to North games in their own town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back