Scandal Breaking News: Garlett appeals prison sentence, wants to revive career

Remove this Banner Ad

Everybody would kill to have an opportunity to play in an AFL side.

Dayle had the dream and what did he do? Throw it away for stupidity.

I really doubt that any club wants to take a chance on him.......

Not everbody.
See Mitch Marsh
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/mitchell-marsh-memorable-day-match-winning-knock-innings-ipl-million-dollars-australia-pune/2016-02-06

Transfer Garlett and give him access to the same program that allowed Andy Krakouer to rehabilitate himself
Krakouer played for the Wooroloo Prison team, which participated in the Mercantile Football Association.
It'd be up to Garlett to earn bail.

Why shouldn't he be given another chance in society.

The purpose of a prison sentence "should be" rehabilitation. Garlett desereves the opportunity to show he has learned his lesson.

If we are not to give him a chance, why is Freo recruit Shane Yarran allowed to play?

Hard to see a club taking a chance on him when others whose indiscretions / issues have been comparatively minor who weren't afforded another look-in.

How likely would even a reduction in his sentence be? Would have thought fairly remote, but don't know the ins and outs.

And there are those with absolutley no indiscretions who complain about what was done to them and get life bans.

Why shouldn't he be given another chance in society.

The purpose of a prison sentence "should be" rehabilitation. Garlett desereves the opportunity to show he has learned his lesson.

If we are not to give him a chance, why is Freo recruit Shane Yarran allowed to play?
I don't agree - do the crime - do the time - some people can not be rehabilitated- its up to him after he has done the time

I can't see why he shouldn't be aloud to play

shouldn't be aloud to play

shouldn't be aloud

aloud

subtle

adjective
adjective: subtle; comparative adjective: subtler; superlative adjective: subtlest

. (especially of a change or distinction) so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyse or describe.
"his language expresses rich and subtle meanings"

2. making use of clever and indirect methods to achieve something.
"he tried a more subtle approach"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see why he shouldn't be aloud to play

shouldn't be aloud to play

shouldn't be aloud

aloud
Look look look he made a a ridiculous spelling error at 1am in the morning point and laugh.

In the confines of a cosy cell he realises he would like another shot at playing footy.
Excuse me while I will put my psychic hat on.

Garlett gets released, scores on the way home, gets drunk that night at belts someone who says he will never play footy again.
Next day says he is sorry and really wants to revive his footy career

Bloody hell!!

Seems BigFooty has a lot of members who have never put a foot wrong in their lives!

As far as I can tell, his crimes aren't of a violent or sexual nature.

If footy can't be a vehicle for young men to re-engage with society then footy's pretty worthless in my opinion.
agree, don't be too judgemental, walk in another persons shoes with a dash of empathy and all that. i see drug addiction as a health issue not a criminal one but that's for another thread.

Bloody hell!!

Seems BigFooty has a lot of members who have never put a foot wrong in their lives!

As far as I can tell, his crimes aren't of a violent or sexual nature.

If footy can't be a vehicle for young men to re-engage with society then footy's pretty worthless in my opinion.
I'm all for him on playing footy again, but using it as an excuse to get out of jail for his crimes doesn't sit right.

The AFL boys club only accept you and forgive you if you are exceptionally talented or have the score on the board when you commit your misdemeanor.

Garlett got it all around the wrong way.

and all he did was have a negative influence on that teams captain.

Hawthorn still keeping you up at night? Poor thing.

On Garlett; it's a waste of talent and a real shame. Contrition is all well and good, provided it's genuine. As others have said, he's a repeat offender, and I doubt the courts (or footy clubs for that matter) will be moved to change their positions on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back