Breakout Year in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a premonition straight after the draft that Robertson was going to be a gun for us. That was even before I saw how big he was.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Beams or Golby for me.. either has the talent and natural footy instincts to take the next step given some injury luck.. I keep forgetting how young Golbs is and his background/injury history, has become a very accomplished HBF or small shutdown Def with plenty of potential for growth.. Beams run and carry and foot skills will become very obvious to all if he can stay fit..

but really with so many talented young kids on the 3rd youngest list in the comp,
literally 3/4 of the squad could be the breakout candidate..

Golby has steadily improved the past three years. For him to have a 'breakout' year he'd have to become an elite small defender, defensive mid or winger imo. I don't think it's likely. Beams on the other hand I think is a really good chance of a breakout year.

I'm hoping Marco Paparone has a breakout year, we need a tall target up forward.

Hoping he can take a leaf out of Jeremy Cameron's book.

"Golby has steadily improved the past three years. For him to have a 'breakout' year he'd have to become an elite small defender, defensive mid or winger imo. I don't think it's likely."
fair call, on the criteria of breakout your probably right bout golbs, but with leppa coming in, ive got a really good feeling about how our defence will play. the progress of players like Rance and Morris the last couple of years under his tutelage makes me think that could easily be Clarke and Golby for us.. or Harwood for that matter.. exciting times ahead i reckon

Who will be the top three leading goal kickers for the lions in 2013?
I'm thinking:
1. Lisle: 30-45 goals
2. Brown 25-35 goals
3. Green 20-25 goals.

Staker and Zorko not too far away, but I'm predicting a breakout year for Lisle where he cements his spot.

Who will be the top three leading goal kickers for the lions in 2013?
I'm thinking:
1. Lisle: 30-45 goals
2. Brown 25-35 goals
3. Green 20-25 goals.

Staker and Zorko not too far away, but I'm predicting a breakout year for Lisle where he cements his spot.

Not to sound disrespectful to the great man, but I think the best thing for our goalkicking tally next year is if Brown doesn't top it. So I hope you're right!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staker was really quite a consistent goalkicker in the second half of the season. I think if Paparone or McGuane could help him out pushing further up the wing Staker could get 45 odd goals playing as a bit more of a conventional forward.

I'd like to see Lester consistently get 25+ posessions and see him dominate games.

I would also like that. But for the moment I'll be happy if he consistently contributes and gets 5 clearances per game.

I'd like to see Lester consistently get 25+ posessions and see him dominate games.
Certainly 20+. And while not wanting to derail this useful thread, I think we need to increase our possessions generally next year, particularly now we won't have Simon Black. Not simply by racking up possessions through over-use, but by winning it more often at the contest.

I'm a huge lester fan and happy to be proved wrong but don't think he will ever be a break out star. I see lester a little bit like a bigger version of Ashcroft, A player that goes about his business and is ever consistant but underated by those outside our club.

I really think Golby could be a break out player. There was talk that had Golby not had the injuries he had as a junior he could have been a first round draft pick.

I'm a huge lester fan and happy to be proved wrong but don't think he will ever be a break out star. I see lester a little bit like a bigger version of Ashcroft, A player that goes about his business and is ever consistant but underated by those outside our club.

I really think Golby could be a break out player. There was talk that had Golby not had the injuries he had as a junior he could have been a first round draft pick.
Considering the ability he has shown out on the field and his evident work ethic he definitely should have went in the National Draft. He was a rookie draft steal just like Justin Clarke.

hellofellow lions
First time poster but have followed the bears since inception
I am on the Golby wagon too.If he can stay on his feet in one on ones and improve his d/e he is the most exciting prospect at the club.Love to watch him play and has an X factor that most of our list lack

hellofellow lions
First time poster but have followed the bears since inception
I am on the Golby wagon too.If he can stay on his feet in one on ones and improve his d/e he is the most exciting prospect at the club.Love to watch him play and has an X factor that most of our list lack
Welcome singa. You're not alone on that Golby wagon. I'm a big fan, as are a few others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back