Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FACT 2012 5 wins
FACT 2013 8 wins
FACT 2014 6 wins (maybe 7 the best scenario 8)

No fly on the wall shiet here
No praying to baby jesus what might happen here
FACTS

And what teams had worst lists that we should have finished above with more wins during this time?
Name their a grade players and who we had in 2012 who were better?
Name the coach and team who were still on the downward spiral that got back up to competing for flags in under 7 years?

Answering these 3 questions alone would add some meat to your argument Macca can't coach, because another simple fact is no matter how good the coach if you have not got the players you will not win games FACT

And what teams had worst lists that we should have finished above with more wins during this time?
Name their a grade players and who we had in 2012 who were better?
Name the coach and team who were still on the downward spiral that got back up to competing for flags in under 7 years?

Answering these 3 questions alone would add some meat to your argument Macca can't coach, because another simple fact is no matter how good the coach if you have not got the players you will not win games FACT

Athena, Poseidon, Zues!

There you go case closed :p

If you think that's a fact you obviously haven't seen the Mighty Ducks, the Bad News Bears, Wildcats or Hoosiers. All of these showed how a great coach can take a team of crap players to the championship in under a season. Why doesn't Macca just do the same stuff as in the films rather than this slow development approach?;)

If you think that's a fact you obviously haven't seen the Mighty Ducks, the Bad News Bears, Wildcats or Hoosiers. All of these showed how a great coach can take a team of crap players to the championship in under a season. Why doesn't Macca just do the same stuff as in the films rather than this slow development approach?;)
Sign Emilio Estevez right now!

Yeah and you forgot to mention The Waterboy and also Coach Carter o_O

This is quite funny but what i find even funnier is the fact that all you smartarses who like Bmac and believe in him cant actually explain why after 3 years we are going to finish exactly where we started, hehehe now thats funny! The more im attacked the more its evident u have nothing to rebut me with.

HERE LAUGH AT THIS 19wins from 61 games LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

BTW ThirdLegUp this is just hypothetical tripe laced with what? crystalmeth?

"Roughy is getting smacked"
"I know but he needs to swim"
-after a while it is looking bad -
"Rough not swimming, starting to sink actually"
"yep, shoulders dropping, get morris on him"
later still.
"Morris losing, Carlsisle has the blessing of the footy gods today."
"Yep, put rough back on him again, take two, tell him we have faith in him"
"Why not give Austin a shot?"
"Austin will never be the main man in defence, he needs to learn to be a thrid, and a loose, which he is failinig at. Remind him what we need from him"
"It could lose us the game?"
"So be it, no back doors, no rescue, sink or swim. If we lose, the importance of winning your contest will once again rear it's ugly head"
"And Austin will learn that just beating or drawing level with your opponent isn't enough, he hasn't helped roughy nearly enough today"

judging from the likes
how can anyone take all of u seriously?

i'm quite disappointed with the quality of the opposition.
if anyone has any serious arguments anything at all that shows, based on facts that this team is going forward feel free to post. Because really the above mentioned garbage is pleasing and funny for a bit but its also a little concerning, worrying in fact

oG4k7y2.jpg

BTW: save the epitephs for the parents that made u! I dont appreciate it!

My parents (mainly Dad) have been saving epitephs for years now. I don't recommend it. The garage is almost full, and Mum is so sick of them that she is threatening to call in the epiteph man. The worst part is we live in a non-epiteph area. So, if we get caught, well you know what will happen...

Unlike B-Mac, when Rhode was coach we didn't have WAGS (after a few drinks) openly stating they needed a new coach (with a player listening and nodding).
The players are still on board with Macca's vision.

I had my rant a couple of weeks ago and vowed i would stay off this thread.

However, I would be very careful with this one, wait until the year of year to see if this is true or not. Player wise not all is as harmonious as you may think.

However, I would be very careful with this one, wait until the year of year to see if this is true or not. Player wise not all is as harmonious as you may think.
I don't doubt there's going to be guys that aren't exactly happy with what's going on, but id say that's probably more the guys who are out of the team. Honestly watching these guys every week, the majority look pretty happy with where they're at, not to mention most of our most important kids have all recently signed contracts.

When you put 40 different personalities together in one club there's always going to be clashes. As long as we can keep the core together and get the most out of anybody who wants out, we will be doing well.

No doubt a bit more success in the w/l column (which will come soon enough) it will help a bit

I don't doubt there's going to be guys that aren't exactly happy with what's going on, but id say that's probably more the guys who are out of the team. Honestly watching these guys every week, the majority look pretty happy with where they're at, not to mention most of our most important kids have all recently signed contracts.

When you put 40 different personalities together in one club there's always going to be clashes. As long as we can keep the core together and get the most out of anybody who wants out, we will be doing well.

No doubt a bit more success in the w/l column (which will come soon enough) it will help a bit

Yes I must admit you are very accurate on this point.

Yes but will he advocate the flying v or quacking at Collingwood? I think not.

I could imagine the flying V in the AFL, players from the V, shepparding players as they run through the middle, whilst someone is in the middle of the V is casually bouncing the ball away, jumping over fallen opposition players until he reaches the top of the goal square. It could actually be within the rules to, as you're allowed to sheppard, as long as its close to the ball carrier. I would love to see this tactic employed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins, Talia, Jones last year (he soon twigged) - who else?

Higgins, Talia, Jones last year (he soon twigged) - who else?
What was the go with Jones? Haven't heard or seen anything to suggest he wasn't happy? Also for all the talk about Talia didn't he only sign a 3 year deal last year? Would be surprised if that much has changed since then.

Not doubting you at all, just curious

What was the go with Jones?
B-Mac was testing the "mental strength" of young blokes quite early on. Some woke up to it quickly, some took a little longer.

Let's just say Jordan McMahon wouldn't have lasted very long under the current coach.

B-Mac was testing the "mental strength" of young blokes quite early on. Some woke up to it quickly, some took a little longer.

Let's just say Jordan McMahon wouldn't have lasted very long under the current coach.
Thanks. Good to know, these "right people" "made of the right stuff" are going to lead our club, on and off the field, for a very long time :thumbsu:

I am going to ignore the general s**t fest for a moment and spew forth some of my own s**t, Just observations. Not a dig at the anti or pro macca camps, your fued has become rather tedious to be honest. But i will give my 2cents on his Devalopement and Coaching ability AS I SEE IT. I have no proof, just my version f the puzzle. Before commenting on his recruiting tactics.

Devalopment = WIN. very hard to argue that he hasn't done a steller job thus far.

Matchday coaching = Who knows, when he is coaching purely to win, i'll let you know what i think. But as it currently stands, it is very evident, to me at least. that the coaching panel are making two different kinds of calls. On one hand they are trying to beat the opponent, on the other, and more important, they are devaloping players. This is our current priority, so it is only natural that this need to devalop is sometimes working against us winning the game. Of secondary importance regadless of how high it is for us..

Thus, judging macca on his matchday ability at this point in time is not an exact black and white science. Since it is hard for anyone of us to know which need was behind any matchday call. I can make assumptions but i wasn't in the booth, it's just a guess.

"Roughy is getting smacked"
"I know but he needs to swim"
-after a while it is looking bad -
"Rough not swimming, starting to sink actually"
"yep, shoulders dropping, get morris on him"
later still.
"Morris losing, Carlsisle has the blessing of the footy gods today."
"Yep, put rough back on him again, take two, tell him we have faith in him"
"Why not give Austin a shot?"
"Austin will never be the main man in defence, he needs to learn to be a thrid, and a loose, which he is failinig at. Remind him what we need from him"
"It could lose us the game?"
"So be it, no back doors, no rescue, sink or swim. If we lose, the importance of winning your contest will once again rear it's ugly head"
"And Austin will learn that just beating or drawing level with your opponent isn't enough, he hasn't helped roughy nearly enough today"

Fly on the wall LOL ;)

Macca has i believe stated in a round about fashion that he will leave a player being soundly beaten in that match up, to find their feet, to swim rather then be rescued. Is this to the detriment of the final score, and our sacred Win/Loss ratio? YES, but not to the future team. If the boy can learn to swim, rather then put his hands in the air and scream out to daddy when he is floundering, he will be stronger for it. But this all relates back to....

THE RECRUITING POLICY

"The right type of person" ring a bell? How many times have you heard this 'code' word come from the Kennel while macca has been there. I Believe i know what this code word means, and have for sometime, and just how it relates to the 'no dickhead' policy. they are one and the same.

Macca is not a fool, coming out and saying through the media, we are after players that have what people know as 'white-line fever' winning is everything, losing is equal to a death sentence type attitude. Which i possessed when i played. I'll have a coke and a chat to you off the field, hell we can hug and kiss if you like, but on the field, if you walked out in different colours to mine... i hope someone lit a candle for you.

Such an attitude is not praised by the willy nilly coach potato's who proclaim the wisdom of the omniverse. "Oh no that's just not sport" - "Well, winning isn't everything, Son" - "Oh no you must respect your opponent." that last one was my favourite. i do respect my opponent, i believe he will soundly beat me and humiliate me if i don't beat and humiliate him first. The ultimate respect, i will assume he has the ability even if he turns out to NOT have it.

If he doesn't it was always a very sure way to kill the fever, if it was obvious he wasn't of the same ability, i would take the physicality out of the game and pretty much just enjoy my sunday outing without making a fool of the guy in front of his friends and family. There was simply no need for it. Often i would chat to him nd teach if i could. This is all well and good in juniors and amature leagues. But against those with equal or greater abilty then me...ahh they were games i lived for. No mercy! And when you play at the highest level? EVERYONE is of equal or better ability then you!!!

Read between the lines. Maple talking about "competative beasts" Macca talking about "animalistic drive" LOL, all code for "white-line fever" which the moral majority, associate with being a dick head. But then you have Macca's 'no dickhead' policy which shouldn't be required right? Who want's dickheads at there club. Well, it becomes important when looking for a special breed of players who walk a fine line. many a 'feverest' has been labeled a dickhead and branded with a warning label. Macca knows this is not the case. There is an easy way to tell a dick head from someone that has the fever. If they walk off the pitch and they are still like that...you have yourself a dick head. This is why Macca and Co regard the interview so highly! Look at Macrae, when you speak to him, he is quiet, reserved type, rather gentle natured... but you watch his footbal, it is anything but, he is arrogant, proactive, dead set confident...hardly what you would expect.

So it is safe to say he has a level of white line fever. He fits safely between the sometimes narrow goal posts. 'The right type of person' and 'Not a dickhead' Chris Grant was the perfect example of someone who had the fever. Competative animal, but an absolute Gentlemen in everyday life. Remember everyone getting their knickers in a twist, when Libba in the 'year of the Dog' said something along the lines of, "it's a battlefield, gladiators and such." Look up Competative animal and Animalistic drive in the dictionary, and you'll see a little Italian fella with wonky teeth smiling back at you ;) Over his shoulder you'll see the godfather of white line fever, Mr football himself.

Macca knows this is not something you can easily teach, so he cuts out the downtime by selecting those who have that instict naturally. (the right person" policy. Just look at Hunter, Hrovat, honeychurch, Macrae for examples... then compare them to Jones and grant, examples of players Macca is trying to help catch the fever. But it is not easy if you are not that way inclined to begin with. Jones is making progress... grant, not so much.

When i thought about my conclusion and compared it to the team Macca had come from, Geelong... talk about a team packed to the brim with those afflicted with the fever. For me at least, the mystery of 'the right person' and the dickhead policy being used so often, i can see through the words now. Perhaps this can also help people have an idea who the recruits will be looking at and who they wont.
this post is 10/10
also noticed and has been said a lot that the kids are all great mates and a tight group

examplea of this is when players getting into fights, someome alway has their back and do the team thing.
wallis passing off a goal to stringer etc

You know you've drunk a little too much Kool Aid when:

A. You think that 3 years/seasons isn't enough time to judge a coach's performance.
B. You think that any post that supports Brendon McCartney is reasonable.
C. You think that Win/Loss ratios and ladder position aren't relevant measures of coaching performance.
D. You start to believe that hollow, intelligence insulting, statements like 'good people' and 'the right way' are actually meaningful indications of smart coaching.
E. All or Any of the above.

You know you are the best judge of an AFL coach in the world, including professionals in the industry, when:

A. You think that 3 years/seasons is enough time to judge a rebuilding coach who took over a list on a downward slope's performance.
B. You think that any post that supports Brendon* McCartney is wrong.
C. You believe that Win/Loss ratios and ladder position are the only relevant measures of coaching performance.
D. You start to believe that statements like 'good people' and 'the right way' are actually the only things that the coach is actually focused on and are completely unimportant in a professional environment.
E. All or Any of the above.

*Appendage A - You cannot even spell said coach's name properly.

Perhaps, but his argument is the equivalent to a team of Magikarp.

Proffessor used Insult everyone who differs in opinion from him!

...it wasn't very effective.
Does that mean he's going to turn into a Gyarados and kill us all?

Does that mean he's going to turn into a Gyarados and kill us all?
On Pokemon: BigFooty Bulldogs Version, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados every time we have a loss. If Macca's ever sacked, they'll all evolve into Red Gyarados!

Best just to stay away from the Lake of Rage (this thread), although I'm starting to like the direction it's taking :D

On Pokemon: BigFooty Bulldogs Version, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados every time we have a loss. If Macca's ever sacked, they'll all evolve into Red Gyarados!

Best just to stay away from the Lake of Rage (this thread), although I'm starting to like the direction it's taking :D
In that case I think ThirdLegUp is pretty much the Mew of this thread for his latest post :D Just a shame that whenever anyone tries to attack a Magikarp, it's a critical hit but of course they only go down to 1 HP. And then they do their ridiculous splash.

Of course there are more than just Magikarps in this thread. There are also Metapods. All they do is use harden and harden their shells. And repeat again. And again. And then their defense is maxed and harden is useless. So they use harden again.

And I'm Charizard. Because * you I'm Charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back