Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you've drunk a little too much Kool Aid when:

A. You think that 3 years/seasons isn't enough time to judge a coach's performance.
B. You think that any post that supports Brendon McCartney is reasonable.
C. You think that Win/Loss ratios and ladder position aren't relevant measures of coaching performance.
D. You start to believe that hollow, intelligence insulting, statements like 'good people' and 'the right way' are actually meaningful indications of smart coaching.
E. All or Any of the above.

Proff its evident that burying ur head in the sand and sticking your bum in the air are the way these guys like to go forward, any attempt at analysis of coaching is futile under the current environment.
Those of us who have serious questions based on what has passed are passed off as irrelevant
(like the quotes about the mighty ducks and charlie sheen - sorta gives away the cultural and mental ages of a few)

In the end proffessor the only difference between Rohde and MCartney is the exquisit use of the word "craft" and "good people". The stat sheet is almost identical.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, any attempt at analysis of coaching is futile under the current environment.
Those of us who have serious questions based on what has passed are passed off as irrelevant
(like the quotes about the mighty ducks and charlie sheen - sorta gives away the cultural and mental ages of a few)
FACT 2012 5 wins
FACT 2013 8 wins
FACT 2014 6 wins (maybe 7 the best scenario 8)

No fly on the wall shiet here
No praying to baby jesus what might happen here
FACTS
This is quite funny but what i find even funnier is the fact that all you smartarses who like Bmac and believe in him cant actually explain why after 3 years we are going to finish exactly where we started, hehehe now thats funny! The more im attacked the more its evident u have nothing to rebut me with.

HERE LAUGH AT THIS 19wins from 61 games LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

BTW ThirdLegUp this is just hypothetical tripe laced with what? crystalmeth?

judging from the likes
how can anyone take all of u seriously?

i'm quite disappointed with the quality of the opposition.
if anyone has any serious arguments anything at all that shows, based on facts that this team is going forward feel free to post. Because really the above mentioned garbage is pleasing and funny for a bit but its also a little concerning, worrying in fact
Oh, my sincerest apologies.

It must be so difficult for a refined, cultured gentleman capable of such intellectual debate, such as yourself, to engage with the troglodytes you see the rest of us to be.

Proff its evident that burying ur head in the sand and sticking your bum in the air are the way these guys like to go forward, any attempt at analysis of coaching is futile under the current environment.

In the end proffessor the only difference between Rohde and MCartney is the exquisit use of the word "craft" and "good people". The stat sheet is almost identical.
Good luck with whatever imaginary argument you're having, I could care less about it, but I cannot abide the great Emilio Estevez being confused with his no good brother Charlie Sheen. That is a grievous error on your part sir.

Last edited:
Good luck with whatever imaginary argument you're having, I could care less about it, but I cannot abide the great Emilio Estevez being confused with his no good brother Charlie Sheen. That is a grievous error on your part sir.

Does mummy get up in the morning and make your milk little boy shorts while u watch the cartoons? Sorry im not versed in disney productions as much as u are. I bet ur one of these "good people" who's learning his "craft".

Last edited:
McCartney deserves some heat. I'm not after him to be sacked, but the team sucks and shows no real sign of heading in the right direction. He will get more and more as the season rolls on and that's just the way it is. Honeymoons over lads.

wondering whether you'd still agree with that now? all of it, I mean

Does mummy get up in the morning and make your milk little boy shorts while u watch the cartoons? Sorry im not versed in disney productions as much as u are. I bet ur one of these "good people" who's learning his "craft".
Mum didn't make my milk little boy shorts, she got mine at Forges. They weren't as comfortable as the home-made ones the other boys had but I could wear them while watching the cartoons - I didn't have to wait for her to make them - so I guess there was an upside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Athenian care to answer the following questions to show some substance to your comments:

What sort of a win loss record should we have given the list?
In the time he has had any say in the recruitment which tall have we not picked and who should we have picked them up instead of?
What talls should have developed quicker, given the amount on the list in the first place and it takes on average 5 years to develop a tall?
Explain what game day decisions are, and give examples of what you think they are?
Which back 6 has had less scores against them in the first 3 years of a rebuild?
Is there a different selection policy during development?

A. You think that 3 years/seasons isn't enough time to judge a coach's performance.
C. You think that Win/Loss ratios and ladder position aren't relevant measures of coaching performance.
D. You start to believe that hollow, intelligence insulting, statements like 'good people' and 'the right way' are actually meaningful indications of smart coaching.

Professor do you care to reply to the questions below from an earlier couple of posts to provide any support to your assertions or are banal statements purely your go:

Most are not looking through rose coloured glasses merely reality of what our list looked like.
In order to perform better in wins and ladder positions football 101 requires a list of players capable of doing this.
I repeat an earlier question in 2012 name the A grade players on the list who were still at the top of their form or about to hit that level. I can only think of Griffen and Murphy.
Then name the teams that had less quality players than we did and what is their win loss period during this period. If there are many then clearly your premise for Macca not being able to coach is proven, otherwise you are just repeating an argument countered many, many times and you are not providing any reality checks or balances as your basis is entirely flawed with the simplest of analysis.
I have no objection to the posts of the anti Macca people and engage in discussion where they are able to demonstrate substance to their opinion of the coach.

Lets try and put this in simple terms. Until we have built a team that is capable of winning regularly none of us know whether he will be a good match day coach, in the meantime he is doing a good job of building a strong squad, for some reason you don't seem to understand but really it's quite simple, Proffessor. *Professor

imagine how weird it looks with all the ignoring

looks like a bunch of people responding to no-one :p

I know, I have that setup as well. So it's people arguing with themselves/no-one and discussing Pokemon fighting styles.....

How this relates to the coaching discussion has got me beat.....

Still, it beats 200 pages of certain posters comments, and is more logical....

I know, I have that setup as well. So it's people arguing with themselves/no-one and discussing Pokemon fighting styles.....

How this relates to the coaching discussion has got me beat.....

Still, it beats 200 pages of certain posters comments, and is more logical....

the repetitive 'analysis' drives me nuts and its not that I necessarily disagree with their opinion
its the way they phrase things, if I went up to another supporter at our club and spoke to them like that
I'd fully expect most to take a swing at me

I think people are bringing up things like Pokemon fighting styles because its a joke
they're arguing how some posters comments are irrelevant because of their age..so I think some are playing along with it

thats my opinion anyway

the repetitive 'analysis' drives me nuts and its not that I necessarily disagree with their opinion
its the way they phrase things, if I went up to another supporter at our club and spoke to them like that

I think people are bringing up things like Pokemon fighting styles because its a joke
they're arguing how some posters comments are irrelevant because of their age..so I think some are playing along with it

thats my opinion anyway
With me it's more I'm not going to take someone's opinion seriously if all they do is repeat the same argument ad nauseum, while ignoring genuine attempts to engage them by perfectly reasonable posters such as lachy.

The reality is they are so myopic that even if they had a good point to make it's buried under two tonnes of s**t. When presented with a reasonable opposing view they either attack the poster's credibility or ignore them entirely. Their opinion deserves all the derision it gets.

thats my opinion anyway

sense! so much of it!

Absolute bollocks.

Rhode wasn't even recording pre-season progress on an individual basis - there is an enormous chasm in the professionalism each bring to the role.

Yes, everyone who doesn't want B-Mac sacked immediately is akin to a mass-suicide cult :rolleyes:

Stay classy, haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back