Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then if we win 8 games I will pay for your membership next year, whatever one you have coz id love to be wrong about Macca

But I'm not and yes I know it's only 2 weeks but I seen enough already to know we will win 5 at the very most and I'm thinking 3 wins.

All we have is an inside game and all the other teams know if they can stop that we have nothing else
All comes down to this week! But Matty should be rapt we've won at least 2 more than he thought we will win at the very most, possibly 3!
Any ideas on who a membership could be donated to if we do win this week?

And not to rain on the parade but a successful VFL team(although definately a positive) does in no way directly mean the AFL team will succeed.

I remember a few years of watching the dogs ressies play finals in the 80s when the seniors were garbage.

I don't think anyone has suggested it does.

Having said that, our 1994 Reserves Premiership side contained a number of players who went on to get us very close in 1997>2000.

Geelong's 2002 VFL premiership side contained Bartel, Scarlett, Johnson, Harley, Kelly, Chapman, etc...

That piece of petulance masquerading as "journalism" epitomises the deep divide between Sydney and Melbourne. Sydneysiders are paranoid that Melburnians are laughing at them (we are ;)) and want to get one up on them (we don't have to try to succeed :p). When it comes to AFL they Just. Don't. Get. It.

Not worth wasting a good membership on.

I lived in that toilet they call a city for 12 months and im confident to say if rather get herpes of the face than love there again.

I admit it is a beautiful city but it's surrounds are dirty and impossible to get to even if you would want to. The Sydney harbour bridge is quite nice it just has one issue ITS IN SYDNEY

Bondi is great if u wanna get stabbed or punched up but I admit The north shore and the shire are very nice

Generally the people are rude and arrogant.

No nite life at all unless your gay, restaurants over priced and good luck finding a live band.

Also not forgetting that the year I lived there the swans were horrible and the club literally gave tickets away for free in the city center and begged you to show up.

Now I don't have an issue with the club itself for using the COLO coz let's be honest we would if we could, it's more the AFL fault

But to suggest that screaming sh!thole is the place to be is a joke. I'm not saying Melbourne is the greatest city on earth but it has that joint covered easy. In fact Mildura does also if we are being totally honest.

So keep your bridge mate and enjoy driving over it to the only big yearly event you have... The Gay and lesbian Mardi Gras ;)

Ps I have no issue with homosexuals just stating that's all they have

Its been suggested by a few that Macca is deliberately picking sides with a view more to development rather than winning games, and if this is so, surely the players would be aware of it too.
Even though they may still be buying into the coaches plan, it would be a bitter pill to swallow to see your career slipping away without tasting the ultimate reward.

If that were true I could understand the frustrations of the senior players.

Guys, play the ball not the man. Don't attack other posters because you don't agree with them, stick to discussing the topic.

Tim I believe I may be the innocent party this time :)
It goes for both of you. You may not have started it, but that doesn't mean you have to attack back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, play the ball not the man. Don't attack other posters because you don't agree with them, stick to discussing the topic.

I tried that tact in a thread once, in the days before I built my fence, trying to get a group hug going. These days I can't give a ****.

Just let em go timtamWB, maybe it will escalate to the point where the half-time entertainment at Footscray games can be several BF posters in a cage in footy shorts - the pro-coach poster in a red corner, anti-coach in a blue corner, fence-sitters in the green corner, non-commitals in the yellow corner. And the Hyde St band can stand outside the cage and get their 45 years of revenge by throwing small change at the cagers. The winner then faces off in the cage against Barry Hall or Shane Loveless.

That piece of petulance masquerading as "journalism" epitomises the deep divide between Sydney and Melbourne. Sydneysiders are paranoid that Melburnians are laughing at them (we are ;)) and want to get one up on them (we don't have to try to succeed :p). When it comes to AFL they Just. Don't. Get. It.

Not worth wasting a good membership on.

Guys - please don't make this about Melbourne v Sydney.

a) Melbourne v Sydney contests are incredibly lame, and demean anyone who enters them (see A. Sharwood)
b) Why would you dignify that crap by returning fire?
c) The problem is not the Swans or Sydneysiders - it is Anthony Sharwood, the world's worst "journalist". He is just a clickbait machine for news.com.au and writes a piece that bad every single day. The man should be stoned. Focus the hate!

Small piece of trivia - in Wallace's last game as our coach (R21, 2002), we were 50 pts down at quarter time against Carlton, then came roaring back to go down by two points - Brownlow votes: R Murphy:3, L Darcy:1. The next week was a shambles, but in R22, with Rohde as coach, we smashed Collingwood in the last quarter to win by 41 pts, Brownlow votes: L Darcy:3, R Murphy:2 (and N Brown:1 with 6 goals).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back